The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I wouldnt use decent, the fact we have kept one clean sheet so far v Forfar suggests its far from decent. I actually have no idea of our best defence, Id thought along the lines of a back 5 to shore things up but it just brings teams on to you and having more bodies in there wont solve it.

Id like to see Russell given a shot at right back and see how that goes, McGhee plays right back like a centre half, left back Id say I prefer Robson but I can see how Hartley dropped him as defensively he isnt the best but decent at going forward, Brough was probably the pick of the defenders yesterday.

We are missing an experienced head at the back who leads and organises the defence, I never rated Watson but as it stands his replacements are a downgrade as well as Grant, the fact a few on here have a central defence of Muirhead and McGhee points no one has confidence in either Dallison or Harrison

Im just hoping McKinnon can coach a decent defence out of what we have, as it stands I wouldnt trust our defence to hold for a clean sheet against anyone in this league

I still think they were decent (in the first half) in comparison to what we've seen, at least they seemed to be a bit more organised and trying harder, but still far from solid or great.

also might help if we had any kind of threat up front, it would at least take a bit of pressure of the defense. As it stands teams are just piling it onto our defense because they can afford to disregard any attacking threat we claim to have.

When Hartley said the incoming players were versatile, I didn’t think he meant that they could play badly in a number of positions.

You have to laugh. I am still awaiting the request that ST holders consider paying at the gate in order to help RMcK with squad changes in January.

I am also guessing that co-conspirators in all of this (ML and CC) intend to simply batten down the hatches, and hope this all blows over.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I get what your saying but I honestly think he'd be lost up there. I could be wrong but I doubt we'll find out.

Young said he played a 4321. I was just wondering who was at right back as it could've been Muirhead, Kidd or Russel looking at the team sheet

I could have my stats wrong here, but hasn't he scored more goals (our only goal) in a couple of sub appearances compared to haber/lewis/mackin/turner, our 'strikers', who haven't scored any?, .........worth a throw of the dice IMO 

kidd looked a bit like a fish out of water at RB, only thing in his defense was that I don't think froxy was getting back to support him enough, gardyne was giving us hell down that side.

russell was definetely playing further forward and had a decent game.............muirhead's game was a little unorthodox, sitting in front of the back 4 most of the time from what I could make out, but as usual it was all still a bit confusing.

i really do think McKinnon will sort out a lot of the ambiguity in the line up and we'll start to see some more solid performances than we have done so far.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

When Hartley said the incoming players were versatile, I didn’t think he meant that they could play badly in a number of positions.

You have to laugh. I am still awaiting the request that ST holders consider paying at the gate in order to help RMcK with squad changes in January.

I am also guessing that co-conspirators in all of this (ML and CC) intend to simply batten down the hatches, and hope this all blows over.

I don’t mind doing that.

we all bought in to the plan thinking it was a great idea.

okay, the implementation was terrible .

I view this as a fault by all of us, and as someone who cares about FFC, I think we all have a cumulative responsibility to put things right.

Im sure the BOD will be chipping in quite significantly and so indeed should we!

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Can't believe how we've done it. Replacing last year's squad with something far far worse was genuinely a difficult thing to do 

That's partly why I'm hoping that it was Hartley being a cuntwaffle that held the players back. Because if theyare genuinely that bad, then it deserves a special award from someone. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t mind doing that.

I view this as a fault by all of us, and as someone who cares about FFC, I think we all have a cumulative responsibility to put things right.

Im sure the BOD will be chipping in quite significantly and so indeed should we!

If the BoD “chip in”, I would love proof of it not being on a “loan” basis. Remember, they own the vehicle, we pay the running costs of said vehicle. If they put in money on the same basis as everyone else, then fair enough. Nor do aI accept collective responsibility here. For that to hold true, your average ST holder would have been involved in the process. No one was offered that sort of involvement.

I don’t mind doing that.

I think you’ll find we do that when we commit to buying a season ticket every year despite the almost inevitable disappointment.

Expecting ST holders to chip in further is ridiculous. I may be willing to do it out of blind loyalty, but to suggest we should feel in any way obligated to pay for Manager and board f**k-ups it talking shite tbqh....

Oh, and I think you’ll find I was questioning this whole approach from the start.....

31 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Was Hartley a Fifer? 

Sadly, no. You could give him some kudos if he was. He was a Hamilton boy.

Interesting that he was sacked by Dundee the season after having a good season. According to Wiki, he was sacked after 7 consecutive defeats left Dundee in the relegation play off spot. I reckon he had us on track for 8 consecutive defeats without even trying. Relegation play off spot? That’s nowt. He left us worse off than that.

Guest Back Post Misses
I don’t mind doing that.

I don’t mind chipping in, and we all do regularly. However as far as this a fault of all of us? f**k off. The fans bought nearly 3000 ST did our bit again. But I ain’t taking the blame for signing Petravicious or Paton or for that matter Tam Fucking Ritchie

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t mind chipping in, and we all do regularly. However as far as this a fault of all of us? f**k off. The fans bought nearly 3000 ST did our bit again. But I ain’t taking the blame for signing Petravicious or Paton or for that matter Tam Fucking Ritchie

The plan, such that it was, was sold to us as running with a smaller squad, of greater quality sourced from outside the confines of the merry-go-round Scottish market.

That wasn't the plan which they implemented.

We've ended up with a bloated squad, of exceptionally poor quality, half of which was sourced from the Scottish market anyway.

The best we can hope for given that we have a squad full of league 1 players at best is to shitfest our way to a few draws until January. I think we can manage this if we show the increased fight we had yesterday.

Edited by EdiBairn

Thing is, to get draws, we need to score goals, because any combination of current defenders coupled to any combination of midfielders is going to lose a lot of goals.

i was pinning my hopes on Muirhead being our weakest link this season.

That thinking isn’t going to get me too far this season. It’s not about “who are our best players” it’s about “who’s the least awful”.

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The best we can hope for given that we have a squad full of league 1 players at best is to shitfest our way to a few draws until January. I think we can manage this if we show the increased fight we had yesterday.

Goals are going to be the huge problem. I think he can bring some level of organisation to the back and middle but unless Rudden is sensational where do the goals come from?