The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ka202 said:

It's alright a few fans coming in here and showing their dislike but to have it on the full page of a news paper, that's a shocker.

In what way is he a Judas anyway?

Agreed. Knee jerk response and way over the top. What sort of journalist writes that about someone who just took a new job? Seething mess

Think the last time the bitterness was this bad between the clubs was when Marino Keith was injured at Cappielow head injury if i mind right
I mind that, was horrible to watch Marino fitting on the park. There was a couple of older woman standing next to us and they were in tears. Truly horrendous to witness just glad he recovered.

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can't see McKinnon failing. Even getting this team organised & difficult to play against before January will be seen as some sort of success. Some criticism about bringing in another youngster but at least he looked competent in a senior fixture, automatically putting him ahead of Mackin & Turner (forgot his name, had to look him up).

And we'll always have Snake Friday.

Can we rename TFS "Snake Mountain"? 

2 minutes ago, ka202 said:

It's alright a few fans coming in here and showing their dislike but to have it on the full page of a news paper, that's a shocker.

In what way is he a Judas anyway?

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

If they had refused permission Rae would be shouting that from the rooftops. Morton fans should be asking why their chairman allowed us to speak to a contracted employee.

Judas only works as an insult if Crawford Rae thinks of himself as Jesus. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Nope. If he wasnt a free agent at midnight last night then he cant join a new club until January, whether he cancels his contract later or not.

So basically from now till January only pre September 1 out of contract players can be signed?

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

So basically from now till January only pre September 1 out of contract players can be signed?

Yes, other than a 7 day emergency loan for a goalkeeper if one of your first two is verified as ill or injured by a doctor (or on international duty) and you dont have a third one over 21 at the club.

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm okay with the McKinnon appointment for a number of reasons. the alternatives bar hopkin were frightening. he has a lot of experience in this league and all in has a decent record and I believe he'll be a better man manager and get a bit more out of this squad.

're Harris I wish him all the best. the pounding he took on here was disproportionate to anything he deserved especially when all these new guys were lauded over the summer and have been even worse

're the new rangers striker. saw him in the game against us and thought he played well however not sure another young 6 months loanee is really what we need

Pretty much agree with all of this. The disproportionate abuse Harris took was cringeworthy. He clearly has ability but has a big confidence issue and seems like he lacks desire.

Another 6 month kid shows to me the cash is spent. Like Irving we will be paying buttons for this lad. Hope he makes a difference though obviously

Guest Back Post Misses
Yes, other than a 7 day emergency loan for a goalkeeper if one of your first two is verified as ill or injured by a doctor (or on international duty) and you dont have a third one over 21 at the club.

We are in the shit [emoji853]

Josef Mengele back from the dead? :o

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Two footed challenge by the doctor - straight red 

Theres at least an element of hopefulness in this, but I am going to suspend judgement on the players this weekend then give it a few weeks with McKinnon tbh.

Last Saturdays "performance" was IMO an outlier in terms of shitness. Things were clearly unravelling.