The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I'm not making accusations here, but it's easy to think a club has acted in an impeccable manager when you haven't lost your manager at the blink of an eye. There's no way to tell if McCall hadn't already spoken to them.

It might be so but your Chairmans response was Falkirk called asking for permission to speak to Ray (your chariman has not stated that they denied him permission to speak to Falkirk) and there had been no statement from Falkirk in fact the official statement from Falkirk didnt come until late last night.  Unofficially the rumours were leaked by the likes of the Sun and record that McKinnon had moved.

The big question you should be asking your own chairman is did you deny them permission to speak to your Manager.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Only option now is a free transfer I would imagine.

Is it above board if a club and player mutually terminate a players contract now the window has closed for him to sign for another club?

Nope. If he wasnt a free agent at midnight last night then he cant join a new club until January, whether he cancels his contract later or not.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:
Only option now is a free transfer I would imagine.
Is it above board if a club and player mutually terminate a players contract now the window has closed for him to sign for another club?

Yeh. If there is a mutual termination then they become a free agent, therefore, fair game

Wrong

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Have the BBC cobbled together some posts from here in order to cover the story?

The page makes for quite an amusing read given it also contains tweets from Celtic fans crying over the loss of Dembele.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45377783

I was thinking that. The words tear-stained and jilted lover are quoted straight from this thread. Beeb at the cutting edge as usual.

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
Wrong

Falkirk did that plenty times last season and other teams signed the players

No, they didnt. You made that up.

If a player isnt a free agent when the window closes then he cant sign for another spfl level club until the next window opens. Last year you could emergency loan outside a window but you cant even do that now.

8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Little surprise that Falkirk fans are showing as much class as McKinnon has through this whole affair.   

8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

This has the makings of the best thread in pie and bovril history if the snake relegates you classless bellends.   Here's hoping.  Roll on October 20th.

The gift that keeps on giving. 

No, they didnt. You made that up.
If a player isnt a free agent when the window closes then he cant sign for another spfl level club until the next window opens. Last year you could emergency loan outside a window but you cant even do that now.
Valid point. We did do the mutual terminations around the January transfer window so never considered that. Ah well

I'm okay with the McKinnon appointment for a number of reasons. the alternatives bar hopkin were frightening. he has a lot of experience in this league and all in has a decent record and I believe he'll be a better man manager and get a bit more out of this squad.

're Harris I wish him all the best. the pounding he took on here was disproportionate to anything he deserved especially when all these new guys were lauded over the summer and have been even worse

're the new rangers striker. saw him in the game against us and thought he played well however not sure another young 6 months loanee is really what we need

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Are morton actually trying to say that you cant  accept an offer for a new job within 6 hours of being offered it?  

They didnt even say if they allowed falkirk permission to speak to him either. somehow i think the Morton chairman is d oing his own damage limitation.

Edited by AL-FFC

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

If they had refused permission Rae would be shouting that from the rooftops. Morton fans should be asking why their chairman allowed us to speak to a contracted employee.

Yeah. I would presume we agreed compo with morton when asking for permission. They obviously gave it or they wouldnt be pushing this silly 6 hours thing.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why have my greenys not reset for the day?

It seems I am going to need them again....

Surely the sedatives will have to wear off before we get any Morton fans over here? 

Expecting good old virginton meltdown. 

Can't see McKinnon failing. Even getting this team organised & difficult to play against before January will be seen as some sort of success. Some criticism about bringing in another youngster but at least he looked competent in a senior fixture, automatically putting him ahead of Mackin & Turner (forgot his name, had to look him up).

And we'll always have Snake Friday.