The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:
What a load of shite! 
The football on display under McKinnon was the worst iv'e ever witnessed at Tannadice and his away record was an absolute joke.
Really hope this is true...

I dont believe it was worse than under Laszlo, but anyway, your club is a laughing stock level shambles so I am happy to gauge McKinnon on how he was able to have his Raith side play just as much as I am willing to heed what he did with your rabble

Our club is a laughing stock but yours is bottom of the league and have just sacked your 2nd manager in just over a year? :blink:

It probably wasn't worse than under Laszlo but that's because he's a fucking idiot! It was like pouring petrol onto an already out of control fire. The fact Laszlo is completely useless doesn't mean McKinnon wasn't anything other than a poor manager.

Genuinely unsure how this current situation, given that it is teetering on the edge of a very public and embarrassing calamity for the club, could have played out much better than this.

To go and get a young manager who knows the league, has by and large done well in it, and is currently employed by the team at the top of the league.....

Someone map out how this could be improved upon for me?

Our club is a laughing stock but yours is bottom of the league and have just sacked your 2nd manager in just over a year? :blink:
It probably wasn't worse than under Laszlo but that's because he's a fucking idiot! It was like pouring petrol onto an already out of control fire. The fact Laszlo is completely useless doesn't mean McKinnon wasn't anything other than a poor manager.
True that, but we will always hold Hartley dear for giving you a hiding for the ages and shattering your team and manager into a million tiny wee pieces tbh.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I can't wait for the seethe from Greenock if McKinnon is confirmed, especially as we play Morton tomorrow! :thumsup2

Ainsley Harriot won't even do it justice.

In total agreement with Bairnardo here would be very happy with McKinnon if true. Out of all the other managers that have been linked with the job so far, aside from McCall and McIntyre who have turned it down and Hopkin who I doubt as well would take it, I’d happily take McKinnon over all of them.

McKinnon still lives in Dundee area doesn't he? Closer to home I guess as leaving Morton for Falkirk at the moment can only be viewed objectives as a strange choice. 

Did brilliantly for us, although has a bit of a different situation at Falkirk, inheriting a squad Hartley appears to have made an arse of. His teams were tactically disciplined, if not always spectacular, and the second half of the 15/16 season was the best we've been for quite some time. Dundee United didn't work for him, but he's by no means alone there. We on the other hand fucking sunk into a shambles after he left. 

Just don't bank on him sticking around if he does well. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely unsure how this current situation, given that it is teetering on the edge of a very public and embarrassing calamity for the club, could have played out much better than this.

To go and get a young manager who knows the league, has by and large done well in it, and is currently employed by the team at the top of the league.....

Someone map out how this could be improved upon for me?

8 league wins in 22 games till Feb 13th - 10 wins  in 14 onwards losing only one against Rangers, 1 win in 12 in the middle part pre the run of wins then falling like a pack of cards v Hibs in the play offs.

His career at Utd was very similar tbh, long winless spells and wee runs of wins not to match the Raith one I imagine

As much as I didn't want to piss on Ayr's chips, Id be ok to piss on Morton's if true and Id prefer someone who knows the league but he is as negative as our last manager albeit he will probably play players in their best positions 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Ainsley Harriot won't even do it justice.

I think we will see peak Greg Wallace, swings and misses, champs, thanks for playings, unluckys, a plethora of word salads and many many mentions of how Morton were last relevant to Scottish football in 1920 something.

Its going to be glorious - dont let me down Bairns.

I would be ecstatic about this given some of the names linked. All the speculation regarding McIntyre and McCall may have been just that and McKinnon may have been one of their preferred options.

When a club are looking for a manager they will speak/approach more than one person as would any company.

Until I see an official statement though still think it's pish.

8 league wins in 22 games till Feb 13th - 10 wins  in 14 onwards losing only one against Rangers, 1 win in 12 in the middle part pre the run of wins then falling like a pack of cards v Hibs in the play offs.
His career at Utd was very similar tbh, long winless spells and wee runs of wins not to match the Raith one I imagine
As much as I didn't want to piss on Ayr's chips, Id be ok to piss on Morton's if true and Id prefer someone who knows the league but he is as negative as our last manager albeit he will probably play players in their best positions 

You cant cite his runs of wins/losses with also providing context. Not many teams go on monster winning runs in this league. His Raith team were impressive to me. I felt Utd were hasty in sacking him and he has managed to get Morton in decent shape.

We beat Morton 3 times last season, for context. So he took on a poor outfit there.