The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Why?

He wouldn't know anyone in Scottish football these days

Hartley said they were all shit in Scotland so it won’t matter that

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

If whats been said the scout from down south was the one responsible for what we have and that Hartley hadnt seen any then he can only be responsible for the tactics and team selection not the overall skill set of the player bear in mind some of those players were highly rated by their former club.  Same time i dare say there are a lot more issues affecting things which i dare say could be put down to the coaching/training.

The BoD need to take their share of the blame if they were responsible for the Scouting being outsourced from Hartley.

Were they? Which players were highly rated by former clubs?

You could argue Sammut maybe, and Irving. None of the rest though. Most were freed or told they weren't part of first team plans and to gtf

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Diddy clubs like Arbroath and Dunfermline are his level - hounded out of the big jobs he had for being a complete disaster. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lolkirk. The gift that keeps on giving :lol:.

In all seriousness Duffy could be the man for the bairns. They need some stability and become hard to beat. He could do that.

My word, three good games and you've forgotten how perennially shite your own team usually is.

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Hartleys worst crime of all was to decimate the ranks of sexy b*****ds with this (although i think Greenwood might actually be a player)

Image result for paul paton

Image result for rees greenwood

0B4F61BC-CB3A-4F59-8DCF-9EAFB74553D1.jpeg.df98829e863b429f7dcead03284f14e2.jpeg

95A1C72F-0C69-4460-B898-7382E7A71E6B.jpeg.27dbac37c1c294af69f3b95e750f810c.jpeg

Just now, drs said:

Diddy clubs like Arbroath and Dunfermline are his level - hounded out of the big jobs he had for being a complete disaster. 

Greenie just for calling Dumfermline a diddy club. Playing to the crowd like a champ.

Guest Back Post Misses
He'd make us tough to beat and has done relatively well at Arbroath. 
Miller is poison. 

How do you know he is poison ?

21 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Tell u something Dick would do a job very very intelligent man knows his football 

The man is an absolute bowser and would complete the job started by Hartley, League One football. 

I guess no appointment and signings by Friday means one of two things. It’s either the squad is the squad, and Paul Hartley proved himself incapable of realising their potential in a timely or convincing manner (and possibly pissed on someone’s chips), and we believe a new guy might not be able to polish a turd, but hopefully for this season, he can roll it in a bit of glitter.

Or......the squad is the squad, it’s not a recoverable situation in terms of this season, his attitude meant he definitely had to go, we won’t sanction further playing staff contracts, so we sink or swim with what we have, and will take our time picking the new guy.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are a fucking disaster and only 3 points behind Dunfermline. They must be good

Sadly they've played better teams than we have. I have a horrible feeling that after the next two games that gap will be considerably larger.

Guest Back Post Misses
Given he had a multi year contract, we'll still be paying Hartley as well as the new manager.
You'd have to think Hartley was our best paid employee. 
So binning him is probably the equivalent of losing out on one well paid player to add to the squad.

No we won’t.