The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Dick Campbell emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

We would deserve to get laughed all the way down to league 1 and maybe further if we were ridiculous enough to give him a job.

Back when I was involved in youth football I had a meeting with Dick Campbell and Neale Cooper at Dunfermline, as a Falkirk fan I loved every minute of it...

26 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Nope, no losers. Had Man Unt applied that rule they wouldn't be in the shit they are now. They should have gone for the boy from Bournemouth. Obviously, you need to target someone at a lower level so they have ambition other than that it's a simple formula. Don't want any other teams to cast-offs, managing is about belief in yourself and the group once that belief turns to doubt after a failure it's very unlikely they will have anything like the same success again. It's my line of work and recognised trait but I don't want to endure McIntyre for a spell before that becomes apparent and I would take no pleasure in telling you I told you so. My opinion is we would almost certainly enjoy success if we appoint someone like John Sheran at Cove Rangers always punching above his weight, an absolute stickler for detail and definitely on the way up. 

Is Sheeran not the father of Hartley’s partner?

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Been told the same thing, hugely worrying.

The only plus points if true is the board are being pro active and wanting an appointment sooner than later.

I have always refused dick tho.....

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aye, they binned Hartley last night but are holding interviews less than 24 hours later?

Why do folk believe this nonsense? Could tell them anything and they'd share it to their mates as gospel.

The BoD obviously had names in mind or they wouldn't have sacked Hartley last night.

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The BoD obviously had names in mind or they wouldn't have sacked Hartley last night.

They'll still likely have a list of people that they interviewed last time. Some of them were probably good enough, they will contact them first, you'd imagine.