The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Martin Canning would be a phenomenal appointment. He has consistently kept Hamilton in the top flight.

Why the f**k would Canning leave a Scottish Premiership team to come and manage us? Bizarre suggestion.

Why the f**k would Canning leave a Scottish Premiership team to come and manage us? Bizarre suggestion.

Up until now he has been a dreadful appointment.

I believe he’ll get paid more if he became the manager of Falkirk.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I take no pleasure from someone losing their job but it had to be done.

Whoever gets the gig has a colossal job on their hands, this is the most important appointment in decades.

Spot on. There are two major differences from last season, both of which point to a tougher job for the new manager than Hartley. The first is that the early sacking (27th August, a full month earlier than Houston got the boot) means the new manager is probably still going to be remitted with reaching the playoffs and not just asked to keep us up. The second is that it's doubtful that the money will be there for a January reshuffle, he's probably going to be asked to make the playoffs with what we've got.

Based on what I've seen this season so far I'm not feeling confident at all, but first thing the new manager needs to do is go back to basics, 3-5-2 with Russell and Tommy Robson as wing-back, Aero and McGhee either side of Scott Harrison. I'd be tempted to just go with Dylan Mackin and Marcus Haber up front and lump crosses into them all day long. Midfield might be our weakest area so much so that Joe McKee may be the best option alongside Irving and Froxylias/TOE. Dallison, Turner and Lewis all in need of a spell in the reserves whilst Paton and Petravicious both look completely useless. Also not sure why O'Hara was given a new one year deal only to be shipped out on loan, what a collosal f**k up that was.

7 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Spot on. There are two major differences from last season, both of which point to a tougher job for the new manager than Hartley. The first is that the early sacking (27th August, a full month earlier than Houston got the boot) means the new manager is probably still going to be remitted with reaching the playoffs and not just asked to keep us up. The second is that it's doubtful that the money will be there for a January reshuffle, he's probably going to be asked to make the playoffs with what we've got.

Based on what I've seen this season so far I'm not feeling confident at all, but first thing the new manager needs to do is go back to basics, 3-5-2 with Russell and Tommy Robson as wing-back, Aero and McGhee either side of Scott Harrison. I'd be tempted to just go with Dylan Mackin and Marcus Haber up front and lump crosses into them all day long. Midfield might be our weakest area so much so that Joe McKee may be the best option alongside Irving and Froxylias/TOE. Dallison, Turner and Lewis all in need of a spell in the reserves whilst Paton and Petravicious both look completely useless. Also not sure why O'Hara was given a new one year deal only to be shipped out on loan, what a collosal f**k up that was.

O'Hara was shipped out on loan because he's nowhere near good enough to play for us. Why Hartley knew this yet still gave him a contract extension beggars belief.

Edited by EdiBairn

Whoever comes in certainly has a huge task on their hands, probably bigger than the one faced by Hartley himself last year.

We were able to completely reshape the squad in January largely because we had a lot of proven good players at this level who other teams wanted, which meant we could to it pretty much cash neutral.

Now, we have a bunch of dreadful lower league rejects who their clubs were desperate to get rid of. Who's going to take them to let us bring in actual footballers?

21 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Be expected to make the play offs with this group of players? Seriously? Anyone who saw on Saturday knew we weren’t watching a bad day at the office. It was a group of players who simply are nowhere near good enough for the Championship. These guys weren’t downing tools, they weren’t “not trying”. What you saw was what they had to give.

If anyone starts moaning about the new guy because he doesn’t look to have this squad on track for the play offs  needs to have a word with themselves. 

Hartley may be a terrible man manager. He may be awful at sending out a team where even half the team are playing in their recognised positions.Saturday was not about any of that. It was about individual players being exposed as entirely out of their depth. No manager is going to change that between now and next May. All he can do is find the best of what we have, and develop a simple team set up that grabs a few points here and there. The current squad simply aren’t going to go on a run of several games unbeaten, and power there way up this league. Not a snowball’s chance in hell.

Guest Back Post Misses

Last season we were told the reshuffle in January was cost neutral so that can and has to be done again. It needs 4/5 players to get us there though and quickly. You can't play a back three as we have no pace in any 4 of the CH's we have.

Need a RB, a CH two in midfield and a striker to start with.

Utter shambles on this Boards watch........again

Guest Back Post Misses
I think what is needed at this stage is a man-manager type along the lines of Walter Smith who brings out the best in average players. Doesn't need to be a great tactician or an inspired recruiter.

It needs players end of. These are not good enough. If the Board can't see that then they know as little about football as I suspected.

6 hours ago, Donathan said:

Don't talk bollocks. 

The only playoffs any new manager will be tasked to ensure are the 9th place playoff.

Playoffs. Fucks sake. 

Guest Back Post Misses
How much money is left? ...probably a very good question.
It's all a bit high risk by their Board and whoever comes in better have a magic wand in his training bag.

We have our Little Mix concert cash to fall back on. We don't need transfers any more.