The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, IncognitoBairn said:
2 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:
I presume the board have a replacement in mind before Hartley went? 
McCall
Jim Duffy
Jim McIntyre
David Hopkin
Stevie Aitken
Lee Miller and Mark Kerr
Who knows?

Slim pickings there.

og-slim-pickens-35048.jpg

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Someone needs to explain to you that if you want to wind them up you need to write something they actually disagree with. Fucking halfwit.

Thought I was gonna get replies with regards to the 'Brentford model'. Looks like common sense has prevailed. 

Still in shock.  Not that Hartley's gone, but the speed the board moved at.  A Falkirk board listening to the fans?   Now I think there is enough time to sort this mess.  OK, no way we will challenge for promotion but I feel more hopeful after this news that the rot can be stopped in time.

Absolutely astonished that they have made such a decisive move. Hartley will hope it all happened so fast, that no-one will remember it in a few months time, and he can pick up the pieces and move on.

For us, a 33 game season begins on Saturday.

Hartley clearly knew the game was up several weeks ago. He has tried to limp along hoping against hope that somehow (he didn’t know how) they might be able to pick a point here and there.

Saturday showed that was an impossibility, and in actual fact, the games agains ICT and Partick might actually have ended up as the best performances of the season.

Whoever comes in has a near impossible task on their hands.

I'm flabbergasted that the board have actually reacted so quickly. Sometimes real life gets in the way of football so I've not been on much over the weekend but safe to say I had definitely turned from a "happy clapper" to a "knicker wetter". 

Quick, and crucially this time, right, appointment needed. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I presume the board have a replacement in mind before Hartley went? 

McCall

Jim Duffy

Jim McIntyre

David Hopkin

Stevie Aitken

Lee Miller and Mark Kerr

Who knows?

Add Neil McCann to that list next week.

Can't afford to bin him

Sofuckingmoney.

Nae celebratory tone from me here though. Wer not really a manager sacking club and it feel ls pretty shit that Hartley has lost his job so soon after giving us what turned oyt to be quite a fun season out of what looked like a possoble relagation, yet here we are again.

Its going to be really interesting to see firstly what movement happens re a manager, what he is allowed to do re players, and most intrigued about what he can get out of our squad.