The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dont see many gloating. A fair few though wishing folk had listened to them when they warned of the impending doom under hartley.

Start looking in the right place and you will see it, the told you so brigade are out in force!

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Get a decent manager in for starters. Someone like hopkin who wont suffer fools gladly. Until someone new gets a look at the situation its very difficult to say how bad things really are.  Some of the new players mart respond better to another boss playing sensible tactics. Once the new man has run the rule on what hes got we can then see what needs done as a short term measure to stabilise things. Hartley needs binned mart immediate effect but i wouldnt rush into anything after that till we know the full scale of the problem from a fresh independent set of eyes.

Okay. I agree that’s the starting point.

only problem is - Who is going to select the new Manager?

Our BOD haven’t been too successful to date!

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay. I agree that’s the starting point.

only problem is - Who is going to select the new Manager?

Our BOD haven’t been too successful to date!

The decision to appoint Hartley wasn't a bad decision. Good record in lower leagues, reasonably 'big' name to attract players, has won 3 promotions.

It's all went tits up but let's not pretend this was entirely predictable. Hartley was a solid choice based on his track record.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The decision to appoint Hartley wasn't a bad decision. Good record in lower leagues, reasonably 'big' name to attract players, has won 3 promotions.

It's all went tits up but let's not pretend this was entirely predictable. Hartley was a solid choice based on his track record.

Yep. Nothing wrong with appointing Hartley or bringing in a ton of players.

Fault here is with Hartley and 'mitch'. 

Board's only failing for me is not sacking Hartley on Sunday afternoon. 

disappointed that the club have not made any sort of statement  - i cant believe they do not monitor forums such as this one.  ive even tweeted them asking for a statement. silence. buryiung their heads in the sand praying it all clicks and goes well on saturday..... more chance of me winning the lottery and i dont buy a ticket.

1 minute ago, faedenny said:

disappointed that the club have not made any sort of statement  - i cant believe they do not monitor forums such as this one.  ive even tweeted them asking for a statement. silence. buryiung their heads in the sand praying it all clicks and goes well on saturday..... more chance of me winning the lottery and i dont buy a ticket.

Totally agree. Disgusting behaviour from the board that they do not monitor P&B!! 

Showing they are totally out of sync with the support once again:angry:

I'd much rather have Russell at right back. one of the only players to have looked decent v queens and looked very comfortable v rangers at right back. he's 100x quicker than kidd too
I agree with this, Russell was fine against the young **** at RB and Robson done well at LB that night. Get them in with McGhee and one other in the middle. Find it difficult to pick between Dallison, Harrison and Muirhead.

Can’t comment on the game as I was down at a festival all weekend (thankfully), however I can comment on the score and stats from the game. Saturday is the first game I’ve missed this season and probably won’t be the last as it stands. It’s just simply not acceptable. That English scout has led us all up shit creek without a paddle. The signings are no where near good enough. They aren’t even better than what we had and some/most of them weren’t good enough. Hartley’s tactics and team selections are his fault and his fault only. He must go if we are to resurrect this season. We’ve left it too long in the past and I’m fed up playing catch up.

We should be spending the money getting that Connie McLaughlin back in as that’s when we were at her best. When we done away with her we went down hill. Might not fix all problems but can certainly help.

What sort of statement are you looking for out of interest? A generic ‘yeah we are pish but not sacking the manager yet’ type thing? Which means virtually nothing.

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Totally agree. Disgusting behaviour from the board that they do not monitor P&B!! 

Showing they are totally out of sync with the support once again:angry:

less of the sarcarm why wouldnt they monitor forums for feedback on what us paying punters think. also been plenty of feedback on their social media but not one reply, especially after that debacle on saturday. im sure they have received one or two emails on the subject too.

p and b is probably the most used and largest spfl forum on the net it would be common sense to dip into it now and then to check reactions - good or bad. just saying.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

What sort of statement are you looking for out of interest? A generic ‘yeah we are pish but not sacking the manager yet’ type thing? Which means virtually nothing.

I'm not on board with this statement thing either. What can they say? "I know we're shit, and we're giving this clown one more game before we empty him"

Only statement I want starts with "With immediate effect and ends with "Wee Lewis from Falkirk TV is taking over first team duties until we complete the recruitment process for Paul's replacement"

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

statement of intent would be good. if they are happy with direction of how the club is going then we know. will they give him a time limit a further 5-6 games to turn it around? keeping him for long haul? looking to bring in a few more players or review recruirtment options....fecking something other than silence and hoping we all shut up and go away.

3 minutes ago, faedenny said:

less of the sarcarm why wouldnt they monitor forums for feedback on what us paying punters think. also been plenty of feedback on their social media but not one reply, especially after that debacle on saturday. im sure they have received one or two emails on the subject too.

p and b is probably the most used and largest spfl forum on the net it would be common sense to dip into it now and then to check reactions - good or bad. just saying.

There's plenty players read Pie and Bovril.  So I'm guessing managers and chairmen are aware of it too.  

Ross Tokely is a regular visitor to the site he told me once.  I know Richard Brittain visits too.  Mostly after the transfer to St J debacle a few years back.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am trying to come up with something practical.

its no good going on an on about ‘the blooming obvious’ which we all know.

regarding directors’ loans - yes, they would be returnable once the club had been stabilised both on and off the pitch.

i think you would be surprised as to the number of ST holders who would be prepared to dig deep to save the Club.

The club doesn't need saved.  It (probably) needs a new manager.  

I don't see what these new people would have done differently from the 'previous' board.  It's not where the problem is.  But weirdly they've to lose all say over someone else's mistakes.  Who'd put money in  on  that basis?  It's bordering on unethical.