The Falkirk FC Thread

It’s almost impossible trying to pick a passable line-up with the shite we’ve got. People seriously suggesting Harris though can get fucked he’s in no way an improvement.

We need to get Kidd and McKee into the team and Dunne back onto the bench as well. Kidd into the team at right-back and McKee playing next to any c**t that’s not Paul Paton in the middle of the park.

Whilst we clearly are needing a proper right-back and another centre-back to partner McGhee we’re badly needing another striker in as well. Lewis is ganting, Mackin worse, Turner seems to have disappeared and Haber spent the game on Saturday more interested in wrestling defenders and giving away cheap fouls than looking for the ball.

19 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I was in the South Stand on Saturday and saw the horror show like everyone else.   I think Hartley needs to go like most on here. 

But  I do think it was a bold experiment to bring in so many new players over the summer.  It could have been a great success, but it has backfired big time.  I think we needed a ballsy roll of the dice rather than a softly softly slight improvement over last season.  Some times in life you have to take a big risk and sometimes it doesn't come off.  I was impressed that the board and Hartley went out on a limb to try something radical, so I give them 10/10 for trying. 

They need to be honest with themselves now and quickly acknowledge it hasn't worked.  Urgent action is required now to minimise the damage and avoid seemingly probable relegation if it keeps going like it has.   We can continue to beat up the board and Hartley, and ourselves, but rather than be angry, I step back a bit and see the bold experiment for what it was, an honest and well meaning attempt to get us competing for promotion - it has failed big time, but successful people and organisations get to the top by taking big risks at some stage.

Yes Hartley needs to go, he's not been incompetent on purpose, he just didn't work out.  COYB.

St mirren, hamilton  and livi didnt need bold experiments to go up. Just a decent manager able to bring in decent players from anywhere.  I just hope this bold experiment hasnt put the future of the club at risk.

The only valid solution/chance of fixing this is actually the regroup, and try to get everyone together (again!!!!).

Now, you have a support that it utterly pissed off at what has been delivered. The further your seat from the directors box, the more pissed off you are.

You have a board that has lied yet again (communication, your club and so forth), and the gap between the two grows by the day. I have never seen our board hold their hands up, and say “we got this badly wrong. We are so sorry. Please help us fix it”.

Until that happens, there will be no “togetherness”.

i actually feel a bit sorry for many of these younger players. Clearly they have been led up the garden path by “Mitch” wrt their own abilities, and what they were coming in to. It really isn’t their fault. I bet a few of them wish they were anywhere else but FFC.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

It’s almost impossible trying to pick a passable line-up with the shite we’ve got. People seriously suggesting Harris though can get fucked he’s in no way an improvement.

We need to get Kidd and McKee into the team and Dunne back onto the bench as well. Kidd into the team at right-back and McKee playing next to any c**t that’s not Paul Paton in the middle of the park.

Whilst we clearly are needing a proper right-back and another centre-back to partner McGhee we’re badly needing another striker in as well. Lewis is ganting, Mackin worse, Turner seems to have disappeared and Haber spent the game on Saturday more interested in wrestling defenders and giving away cheap fouls than looking for the ball.

I agree with Kidd in a right back. Nothing fancy there but dependable enough (we always had a good record with him at right back). 

Having witnessed that on Saturday even I can't defend it, sheer torture to watch, I genuinley thought we could win that and kick start our season but had enough by 4:30 and left. 

I have no idea what's going on at the club just now?

Hearing of player  player un-rest constantly, players being played out of position or not getting a game at all for no obvious reason isn't helping. God knows how we get out of this mess even if we do get rid of Hartley we are still left with the same players. 

Also sickening to see some of our supporters on various sites gloatting over what is going on with us at the moment. 

Edited by Stuperman01

3 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Having witnessed that on Saturday even I can't defend it, sheer torture to watch, I genuinley thought we could win that and kick start our season but had enough by 4:30 and left. 

I have no idea what's going on at the club just now?

Hearing of player  player un-rest constantly, players being played out of position or not getting a game at all for no obvious reason isn't helping. God knows how we get out of this mess even if we do get rid of Hartley we are still left with the same players. 

Also sickening to see some of our supporters on various sites gloatting over what is going on with us at the moment. 

Dont see many gloating. A fair few though wishing folk had listened to them when they warned of the impending doom under hartley.

If there is no new players by the weekend, i'd go

Fasan or  Mutch

Kidd                  Muirhead              McGee         Robson

McKee

Russell                   Irvine           Greenwood

Lewis

Haber

I agree with Kidd in a right back. Nothing fancy there but dependable enough (we always had a good record with him at right back). 

I'd much rather have Russell at right back. one of the only players to have looked decent v queens and looked very comfortable v rangers at right back. he's 100x quicker than kidd too

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Just thinking about mackin. I remember another big lump of a useless striker jim jeffries signed who turned into a cracking centrehalf. Worth a punt anyone??

We must be eating the same soup for lunch, i was thinking exactly the same. Worth a punt in a couple of reserve games to see how it goes.

14 minutes ago, Russ said:

Haber is sneakily shit. He's slow and not great in the air for his size. Might be different if we weren't so bad in wide areas mind you.

4 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

If there is no new players by the weekend, i'd go

Fasan or  Mutch

Kidd                  Muirhead              McGee         Robson

McKee

Russell                   Irvine           Greenwood

Lewis

Haber

Agree.

i think that’s about the best we can muster