The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

the goals are on the match thread. deary me even worse than I remember. Irving dreaming at the throw in at the first (the same thing happened 5 mins before by way of a warning) Harrison defending of the second was cringeworthy too slow unaware and didn't even tackle. dobbie isn't even quick and with the ball at his feet roasted him. Paton brushed off easily for the 3rd.

Fasan is actually shit as well. I'd horse him too.

1 hour ago, tirso said:

i think even the worst critic would have to say they've been unlucky with the Hartely appointment.

compared to other clubs i think we give managers a chance and it's not a revolving door.  I'm happy with that.  No neutral looking at our club would say many of the recent managers apart from Eddie May have been complete clowns.  There were some positives and close misses from all of them - him apart.   

May was an utter disaster. Pressley then got us relegated and didnt have us challenging once for the title. Holt blew our best chance of going up. Houston had two good seasons when we had no chance of going up and then an awful two months when we did.  

24 minutes ago, tirso said:

Does this hypothetical board get their 25k back when the fan's choice for manager turns out to be a dud?

or are we just asking people to sink money on a bet?

asking for the rich FFC supporters growing on trees.

I am trying to come up with something practical.

its no good going on an on about ‘the blooming obvious’ which we all know.

regarding directors’ loans - yes, they would be returnable once the club had been stabilised both on and off the pitch.

i think you would be surprised as to the number of ST holders who would be prepared to dig deep to save the Club.

48 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip him and Grant are better than what we have.

If you stuck them in the team though i guarantee you we would still go down.  Grants fecked and watsons murder. It was a major achievement on hartleys pary finding players in worst state than that pair.

55 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with all the points being made here and I think we can all accept that the Board made their decisions with the very best of intentions and all of us fans really bought into it. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out.

what do we do?

i think we’ve got to start again accepting that we need cash and lots of it.

As a suggestion,  all ST holders should be invited to pay again for their tickets (I accept that some won’t be able to afford it) and that is fine.

The Board should be asked to resign and offer themselves for re-election along with some new faces as there is no point in giving cash to the same people who got it so wrong , albeit with the best of intentions. The newly elected board should also be asked to put in loans of around, say, £25k each to show intent and give them some motivation to get it right.

i appreciate that we can’t do this overnight but something along those lines is needed to avoid us sinking into oblivion.

what do you think?

I think your plans utterly ludicrous.

I was in the South Stand on Saturday and saw the horror show like everyone else.   I think Hartley needs to go like most on here. 

But  I do think it was a bold experiment to bring in so many new players over the summer.  It could have been a great success, but it has backfired big time.  I think we needed a ballsy roll of the dice rather than a softly softly slight improvement over last season.  Some times in life you have to take a big risk and sometimes it doesn't come off.  I was impressed that the board and Hartley went out on a limb to try something radical, so I give them 10/10 for trying. 

They need to be honest with themselves now and quickly acknowledge it hasn't worked.  Urgent action is required now to minimise the damage and avoid seemingly probable relegation if it keeps going like it has.   We can continue to beat up the board and Hartley, and ourselves, but rather than be angry, I step back a bit and see the bold experiment for what it was, an honest and well meaning attempt to get us competing for promotion - it has failed big time, but successful people and organisations get to the top by taking big risks at some stage.

Yes Hartley needs to go, he's not been incompetent on purpose, he just didn't work out.  COYB.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

We have a chance of getting out of this mess if we have funds available in January.

In order to have funds in January, we need bums on seats between now & then. We could've made some cash from the league cup but PH didn't fancy it*

We'll only get sell tickets if we ditch Hartley & everyone feels like they're in it together.

BOD, you're welcome.

Baj x

*didn't fancy it, my arse. He knew he'd signed duds & was buying himself time.

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Not sure I agree with that. Houston surely can't be looked upon as a bad choice? Yes it fizzled out but we got to a cup final and had 2 very good 2nd place finishes.

Again 99% of us were delighted with the appointment of Hartley and probably 100% delighted with Houston's appointment. If it was us appointinh the manager Hartley would have got the job.

My issue with houston was that he produced a decent side for two seasons when we had no chance of promotion and then when we did he made a total cant of it. His recruitment was god awful too. Did well with players left to him but signed utter dung in the main.

10 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I was in the South Stand on Saturday and saw the horror show like everyone else.   I think Hartley needs to go like most on here. 

But  I think it was a bold experiment to bring in so many new players over the summer.  It could have been a great success, but it has backfired big time.  I think we needed a ballsy roll of the dice rather than a softly softly slight improvement over last season.  Some times in life you have to take a big risk and sometimes it doesn't come off.  I was impressed that the board and Hartley went out on a limb to try something radical, so I give them 10/10 for trying. 

They need to be honest with themselves now and quickly acknowledge it hasn't worked.  Urgent action is required now to minimise the damage and avoid seemingly probable relegation if it keeps going like it has.   We can continue to beat up the board and Hartley, and ourselves, but rather than be angry, I step back a bit and see the bold experiment for what it was, an honest and well meaning attempt to get us competing for promotion - it has failed big time, but successful people and organisations get to the top by taking big risks at some stage.

Yes Hartley needs to go, he's not been incompetent on purpose, he just didn't work out.  COYB.

Totally agree.

No point going over the same points over and over.

we now need to regroup and come up with a plan.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

My issue with houston was that he produced a decent side for two seasons when we had no chance of promotion and then when we did he made a total cant of it. His recruitment was god awful too. Did well with players left to him but signed utter dung in the main.

I can't argue with some of that but he still wasn't a failure as our manager.

It's just a shame he couldn't be arsed recruiting properly, he would have been a great manager for us if he did.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What is your plan?

Get a decent manager in for starters. Someone like hopkin who wont suffer fools gladly. Until someone new gets a look at the situation its very difficult to say how bad things really are.  Some of the new players mart respond better to another boss playing sensible tactics. Once the new man has run the rule on what hes got we can then see what needs done as a short term measure to stabilise things. Hartley needs binned mart immediate effect but i wouldnt rush into anything after that till we know the full scale of the problem from a fresh independent set of eyes.

Fasan is actually shit as well. I'd horse him too.

This.

Aye he made a few decent saves however his kicking is dreadful, beaten too easily at his near post for the first goal and chucked the 3rd one into the back of the net. Would get Mutch or Mitchell in on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

This.

Aye he made a few decent saves however his kicking is dreadful, beaten too easily at his near post for the first goal and chucked the 3rd one into the back of the net. Would get Mutch or Mitchell in on Saturday.

To be honest i think the goalie is our least of our problems.

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

We have a chance of getting out of this mess if we have funds available in January.

In order to have funds in January, we need bums on seats between now & then. We could've made some cash from the league cup but PH didn't fancy it*

We'll only get sell tickets if we ditch Hartley & everyone feels like they're in it together.

BOD, you're welcome.

Baj x

*didn't fancy it, my arse. He knew he'd signed duds & was buying himself time.

at this rate we might be well out of sight at the bottom come the new year for any new guys to make an impact. we need action now before we are well and truly fecked.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

To be honest i think the goalie is our least of our problems.

he did 'keep us in the game' should have been 7 or 8 nil on saturday if it wasnt for his saves. he was the only one with pass marks i mo