The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do you play football?

Knee's are gone but still couldn't do worse than we've got!!

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:
10 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:
 I have a holiday coming up and am going to buy the blue/red training top from the shop at the stadium tomorrow, i'm getting a bit scared now that if i try it on for size then Hartley might pick me... emoji38.png

Do you have a sleeve tattoo?

Will get one :thumsup2

31 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Knee's are gone but still couldn't do worse than we've got!!

Will get one :thumsup2

Don’t get your hopes up. He will fall out with you just before your debut, and you won’t kick a ball til he’s gone. New guy will tell you find yourself another club.

Guest Back Post Misses

Do you have to be a short arse to get into Hartley’s coaching team? Not one of the three main men are over 5’6”. Hartley is actually the tallest.

Even the new kitman is on the short side

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

We could have signed better players from lower league and Juniors that would have more ability and heart for a third of the money spent. 

Name one player that is in the Juniors that has more ability.

Just now, wullie robb said:

What more ability than most of those signings, wouldn't be hard to find half a Dozen. 

Name them.

I have and whilst it may take removing Hartley to do so, there's zero chance you'll go down.
Apologies for the cliched and slightly embarrassing statement, but it applies here, Falkirk are too big to go down. You'll revamp the squad if required come January and make 8th in the absolute worst case scenario. As it is, I reckon you'll keep Hartley, end up finishing 5th or 6th and all be feeling demoralised going into next season.

I’d bite your arm off for 8th tbh

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you have to be a short arse to get into Hartley’s coaching team? Not one of the three main men are over 5’6”. Hartley is actually the tallest.

Even the new kitman is on the short side

Does anyone know what happened with the old kitman?

Gordon Young might.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t get your hopes up. He will fall out with you just before your debut, and you won’t kick a ball til he’s gone. New guy will tell you find yourself another club.

Is there some mileage in a deluge of emails?

what email address did you use?

Post game, there is usually a few who come out and say the opposition weren’t up to much yet still beat us. This of course is an attempt to convey their disgust at just how bad we must be for a team of the calibration of x,y, or z to hand us a beating.

That has happened this week. Why? Not because QotS are an exceptional Championship side. I think it’s simply because the inept, disjointed and shambolic performance that our Falkirk side gave us on Saturday was so bad, so far off the level required, just so self evident that no further tub thumping about the opposition not even being great was required. The eleven guys in navy blue didn’t need any help in making it clear to one and all that they are not currently a Championship football team.