The Falkirk FC Thread

He may go on a bit but is he actually wrong if we get a doing tomorrow ?
Well considering he says the result isnt his main concern as his opening gambit, then somehow manages to make the post continually get worse from that point, culminating in the award of 6 points to our next two opponents without a ball being kicked, Id say he is pretty wrong.

He is also a troll or a total fanny.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As Bairnardo says we were stinking in the first half of both games and improved in the 2nd. We were a dubious disallowed goal away from getting something against ICT and although I wasn't at Firhill we cracked the woodwork a couple of times.

We got beat 1-0 and 2-1 not 5-0 and 6-0. There didn't look much between us and ICT and with a rub of the green the result could have been different.

We are hardly fucking doomed !!!

This is true, unfortunately both teams that we lost to were rank rotten.

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He may go on a bit but is he actually wrong if we get a doing tomorrow ?

If we get a doing (which I don't think we will) then a fair number of our support will agree with him.

And if we continue to struggle, then just about everyone will want Hartley out. Just as they did with Houston last year.

The difference is most want him to succeed even if they doubt his ability to do so.

You get the impression Edibairn wants him to fail, which is why he repeats the same line time and time again. Say it often enough and maybe people will come round to your way of thinking. 

Shodwall is a moaning bugger, but I've no doubt he's a genuine Falkirk man. I don't get the same impression with EB and from  the comments made by others I'm obviously not alone.

I'm going tomorrow full of hope and positivity! Everyone must forget any doubts they may have and let's give the boys 100% backing! Tomorrow is a day for all bairns to believe in Hartley' choices . It would be genuinely great to start the promotion bandwagon now so let's stop moaning and we will reconvene on here after the match ! The players can be inspired by an enthusiastic crowd and find a confidence to smash queens !We owe them that surely !

I go to every game I can with a positive mind. I want us to win and try to give verbal support as it does help.
We have lost TWO league games but we have classed the opposition as shit! Some people love to keep digging the slight hole we are in. Next will be “ remember both those teams are favourites for relegation “ and the Sevco Colts did not have a player who had left school! Yawn

32 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If we get a doing (which I don't think we will) then a fair number of our support will agree with him.

And if we continue to struggle, then just about everyone will want Hartley out. Just as they did with Houston last year.

The difference is most want him to succeed even if they doubt his ability to do so.

You get the impression Edibairn wants him to fail, which is why he repeats the same line time and time again. Say it often enough and maybe people will come round to your way of thinking. 

Shodwall is a moaning bugger, but I've no doubt he's a genuine Falkirk man. I don't get the same impression with EB and from  the comments made by others I'm obviously not alone.

The comments made by others are because there's a number of posters on this thread who couldn't care less how  we play, where we finish in the league or probably even what league we're in as long as they get their day out on a Saturday. 

I don't have a problem if others want to think like that but wanting us to actually get out of this league after 9 seasons doesn't mean I'm not a Falkirk fan.

I hope we win 6-0 tomorrow and my comments look stupid. All I want to see is at least some signs of us creating chances and being on the front foot. I don't think that's a lot to ask for.

The comments made by others are because there's a number of posters on this thread who couldn't care less how  we play, where we finish in the league or probably even what league we're in as long as they get their day out on a Saturday. 
I don't have a problem if others want to think like that but wanting us to actually get out of this league after 9 seasons doesn't mean I'm not a Falkirk fan.
I hope we win 6-0 tomorrow and my comments look stupid. All I want to see is at least some signs of us creating chances and being on the front foot. I don't think that's a lot to ask for.

We did that in the second half against Partick including two off the bar, one laid on a plate for McGhee and a goal from Greenwood.

If all you want to see is "some signs of us creating chances" then I would suggest thats already covered.

So whats your real problem?

The result tomorrow isn't my main concern. What I want to see is us turning up from the start of the match, creating chances and scoring goals. 
If that doesn't happen, I'd be removing Hartley from his position tomorrow evening. Otherwise, we're going to end up  with no points from 5 games and heading towards the seaside leagues.

What absolute pish!!!

35 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I doubt that's true though. Days out are hardly dependent on a football match.

You could make that claim if it were a Scotland trip, as there's undoubtedly fans in the TA who care more about the piss-up and getting away from the family rather than the end result. But at Falkirk where the "day out" is a Tuesday night game in Inverness during January?

Tell you what EB. Name one of these posters, and when I have time next week I'll trawl through their posts. I bet you I can find either an anti-manager, anti-player or anti-BOD posts from someone you consider to be a happy clapper. The only caveat I'll put in is it has to be a genuine Falkirk fan, with say a hundred post to their name and who's been active in the time you've been on this board. It won't be hard to find negative posts from Falkirk fans at the end of Houstons reign.

36 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Shodwall cat and edibairn for joint managers I say.

I'll give them 3 games to turn it round

Wouldnt be too difficult to make improvements. Just play a couple of fullbacks instead of 4 centrebacks and some others in positions they would actually look comfortable in . Whilst we may not be world beaters we might look like a team of footballers at least.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Why don't you think we will get a doing, a defence that leaks like a leaky tap to all varying attacks, a midfield that's unbalanced and an attack that's either one useless force on its own or two if no no Haber.

We have a chance tomorrow if Haber is fit, I just can't see the defence/midfield doing the job behind him or especially without him

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We did that in the second half against Partick including two off the bar, one laid on a plate for McGhee and a goal from Greenwood.

If all you want to see is "some signs of us creating chances" then I would suggest thats already covered.

So whats your real problem?

We were still pish in the 2nd half, you go on about us two off the bar and one sitter, thistle could've scored 3 or more too......all very much if your auntie had balls argument.

If we start off with one up top, we will chase a 1 or 2 goal margin in the 2nd half and lose more, Qos are more potent than thistle

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Why don't you think we will get a doing, a defence that leaks like a leaky tap to all varying attacks, a midfield that's unbalanced and an attack that's either one useless force on its own or two if no no Haber.

Because my definition of a "doing" is losing three or four goals.

Those who're putting a negative slant on results are including league cup games and in some cases friendlies. ("no improvement since the first game", etc)

If you include all those, we've played eleven matches since the first game of the season. Not one of them has seen a loss or defeat by more than a single goal. Including two games against Premiership sides. We've been close to the opposition  - at least in terms of the thing that matters - scoring - in  every game since The New Saints.

So it's reasonable to assume that tomorrow will be no different. Hence why I don't think we'll get a doing. We might well lose and this post will come back to haunt me, but at the time of writing I think recent results suggest otherwise.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

We've spent 9 seasons in this league . This season is supposed to be a new structure and an all out push for promotion. Finally the chance to really compete for the league title.  Its understandable then surely when some fans arent overly impressed when the positives being banded about so far are that we havent been pumped by more than one goal . 

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We've spent 9 seasons in this league . This season is supposed to be a new structure and an all out push for promotion. Finally the chance to really compete for the league title.  Its understandable then surely when some fans arent overly impressed when the positives being banded about so far are that we havent been pumped by more than one goal . 

That's not a positive though Shodwall. It's just me answering a question raised by aother poster. Hopefully the positives begin at 1645 tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better I'm not overly impressed either. I'm just not quite ready to demand that the manager be sacked tomorrow night if we don't win.

I just want to see a decent hard working side putting in a title challenge. Im torn between giving him more time and feeling that if we do and things dont improve then it'll be too late to do anything and another season will be wasted. If his tactics and team selections hadnt been so abject and a number of the players had shown at least some signs of being good enough to win a league at this level then id find it a lot easier to err on the give him longer side.  We certainly need to see s far better performance tomorrow with some semblance of a balanced team on show.

Edited by Shodwall cat