The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Reckon Levein will take him at Tynecastle tbh.

I've heard that a few times on various forums now. He's being touted as the stopgap forward so they can let Lafferty go back to the sons of Attila. 

On 19/08/2018 at 09:24, TheScarf said:

You and the vast majority of your Falkirk chums wouldn’t given your fanny for ICT’s season last year.

I use too many words. I know it. Oh how I wish I could master this sort of brevity. The Scarf tells us so much about his/her mastery of language in just a few brief words. Doubtless he will be off to another forum (say Livingston’s for example) to squeal and squeal and squeal all about Falkirk. Just can’t help himself.

24 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:We're not that lucky. Hartley would jump at the chance as well after the epic f**k up he has made this summer :lol:

All depends if he would be as unsettled by the Livvy laundry room as Hopkin was.

Guest Back Post Misses

Aye exactly what I said.

Only a complete idiot would write off any player after 2 league games and a couple of experimental cup games.

I am a complete idiot then. He is hopeless

Most Falkirk fans wrote Harris off before he kicked a ball for us.

I am a complete idiot then. He is hopeless

Most Falkirk fans wrote Harris off before he kicked a ball for us.

Well I won’t disagree with your first sentence.

As for the rest Harris was such an obvious lazy Houston signing that the vast majority predicted it was going to happen. That coupled with seeing him at our level before and not being impressed meant most (myself included) were not happy with the signing. He wasn’t exactly written off and he was absolutely fine in the pre-season cup games before reverting to utter shite in the league which is when everyone correctly gave up on him.

If most had written him off then Shodwall wouldn’t get to come away with his ‘I told you so’ patter every few weeks.

To be fair the Motherwell fans did say he was worse than useless. 

Genuinely think a lot of fans have taken this and also the criticism of Paton from fans of other clubs and just passing that off as their own opinions.

I’m not saying they’ve been great or anything but just nowhere near as bad as some are making them out to be.

Genuinely think a lot of fans have taken this and also the criticism of Paton from fans of other clubs and just passing that off as their own opinions.

I’m not saying they’ve been great or anything but just nowhere near as bad as some are making them out to be.
Yes. Petra in particular for me. Amazed if anyone in our support has seen enough of him to make a proper judgement yet I see piles of "find another sport" patter. He may not have did well for Motherwell but they are way above us. 7 caps for Lithuania might not mean loads, but it certainly means enough managers consider him to be decent that I will choose that rather than online abuse on a forum from f**k knows who as a gauge, at least until I see enough of him to call it for myself.

17 minutes ago, Russ said:

I've not wrote him off yet but he hasn't looked great so far and I don't think he will start on Saturday against Queens. 

Did Petra get a 1 or 2 year contract?

6 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I've not wrote him off yet but he hasn't looked great so far and I don't think he will start on Saturday against Queens. 

Did Petra get a 1 or 2 year contract?

Fairly certain it was a 1 year contract. I'm with Stainrod when it comes to Petra, I'd quite like to see him at right wing back.