The Falkirk FC Thread

Gordon Strachan was a belter at Southampton. He used to be worth watching MOTD just for his interviews, but then he calmed down a bit with Celtic and Scotland.
He didnt calm down at Celtic. He followed standard arsecheek manager protocal and turned into a paranoid wee wreck whose previous humour just became snippy and obnoxious.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, bairney said:
Gordon Strachan was a belter at Southampton. He used to be worth watching MOTD just for his interviews, but then he calmed down a bit with Celtic and Scotland.

He didnt calm down at Celtic. He followed standard arsecheek manager protocal and turned into a paranoid wee wreck whose previous humour just became snippy and obnoxious.

It was snippy and obnoxious, it just used to be distant, snippy and obnoxious. Then he came home and it went from a 30 second once a week clip, to fucking everywhere. 

On 15/08/2018 at 14:50, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

The sad thing with our current signing strategy is that players don't know how the fans feel. Falkirkfc has almost always had a loyal support who want to see a team playing with passion and attacking. The new players are here to make money ( granted not a fortune) not to see our club return to the top tier. You saw the difference when Miller and Kerr played. They wanted Falkirk to win and celebrated when we did. OK it ended in tears. The club need players who play for the jersey. Will Vaulks did that and the fans loved it. The connection with fans is not there with the new team yet and all they hear is a lot of insults from the Main Stand. Hartley is also not a Falkirk man and his only focus is trying to be a success to get a bigger gig.

Reminds me of the days of Watson, Baptie, Houston, Jimmy Gilmour, Gunner McWilliams, Sam McGivern and of course Kevin where players PLAYED FOR THE JERSEY. I don't know that team anymore now.

Edited by bairney

I would like to retract my comment from the other day wishing you misery.

I hope that you show no remorse in pumping the Nomads so badly they actually cease to exist as a football team. A truly wretched side of hatchetmen who spent the entire game against us hammering into downright dangerous tackles and 'deploying their European tactics', which seemed to consist of their goalkeeper taking a free-kick on halfway with four defenders behind him, and a four minute (!) delay before taking a free-kick in a good position.

Debut man Froxy broke their pathetic little hearts in the final minute of his debut, only for their torn-faced manager to give one of the saltiest post-match interviews of all time, and claim he knew the quality Froxy had from set-pieces - despite that being his first game in British football. They then missed their train home, which went down extremely well with our fans.

It was the only time I've ever seen our support stay behind to abuse the opposition off the park.

The match thread from our game is here - it's a good laugh if you've got some time to kill.

15 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I hope that you show no remorse in pumping the Nomads so badly they actually cease to exist as a football team. A truly wretched side of hatchetmen who spent the entire game against us hammering into downright dangerous tackles and 'deploying their European tactics', which seemed to consist of their goalkeeper taking a free-kick on halfway with four defenders behind him, and a four minute (!) delay before taking a free-kick in a good position.

Debut man Froxy broke their pathetic little hearts in the final minute of his debut, only for their torn-faced manager to give one of the saltiest post-match interviews of all time, and claim he knew the quality Froxy had from set-pieces - despite that being his first game in British football. They then missed their train home, which went down extremely well with our fans.

It was the only time I've ever seen our support stay behind to abuse the opposition off the park.

The match thread from our game is here - it's a good laugh if you've got some time to kill.

Getting kicked off the park is probably exactly what some of our team need. Bring it on.

57 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Getting kicked off the park is probably exactly what some of our team need. Bring it on.

I hope we kick f**k out of them and at the same time some of our players find their balls. 

I hope Froxy has guests round for dinner 

Screenshot_20180816-213154.jpg

Interesting to find out Froxy went on trial at Dunfermline and failed to win a deal the season before.

Interesting to find out Froxy went on trial at Dunfermline and failed to win a deal the season before.

On Tuesday early doors I thought he was a poor mans version of an imposter of the wee magician I came away thinking he is just a poor mans version of the wee magician, not sure if that makes any sense but hopefully he will improve given game time

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not really, Shotton and Deeside are generally a bit of a dump so it’s only interesting if you enjoy steelworks and the view of a Power station....

Guessing there will be about 10 away fans there. About all the shithousers deserve. 

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Think he was with St Mirren for a wee bit too, but I'm sure Jack Ross mentioned that him and Stelios (being best mates and all) couldn't work together.

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

the best interviews are always when the interviewer asks a question and the manager just rants for 2-3 mins....'its not me being bitter tho, its just factual' hahahah, bit of the rafa benitez there

I am struggling to buy into a game against The Nomads as some sort of High Noon gunfight in our season.

Hate the league season being stopped after two weeks for more LC nonsense.  Would happily see both the LC and Challenge Cup die a quick death tbh.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am struggling to buy into a game against The Nomads as some sort of High Noon gunfight in our season.

Hate the league season being stopped after two weeks for more LC nonsense.  Would happily see both the LC and Challenge Cup die a quick death tbh.

Get the league cup back to the old knock out system. If they need to do the Challenge Cup the way they do to attract sponsorship money, then fine, keep it that way and we can use it as a series of bounce games.