The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Let's try again. 

Yes, there are a lot of shelf stackers who were at one point at a big club. Very few of them are there from the age of 8 through to under 23 level. The fact he's out on loan at his age, instead of stacking shelves would suggest that Chelsea rate him at his age level. Or were they fibbing when they said they were sending him out on loan and that they rated him? 

Telling that you picked that bit up and none of the rest. 

So what's more likely, that Sammut, Owen-Evans, Lewis and all the rest, every one of which seems to have been rated by their previous clubs or fans, are shit, or are they being badly set up, arranged and coached by a guy who seemingly has no idea what he is doing? 

Both of the Above... 

I have been positive in most of my posts about Hartley and I am still willing to give him and the new signings further time as I think they deserve that.

The one thing I will say however about last nights match is that Irving and Froxy apart I thought the young **** looked a lot more comfortable on the ball than us. It was physical presence that won us that match and against most sides in the Championship we won't have that advantage.

I've been critical of Hartley so far this season but I refuse to believe that he 'doesn't give a shit'. I think he knows that he's potentially 5 games away from the end of his professional managerial career and is just showing that pressure. I struggle to believe he doesn't care.

Surely you don’t actually believe the utter pish that comes out your mouth? 5 games away from the end of his professional managerial career HAHAHA.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Surely you don’t actually believe the utter pish that comes out your mouth? 5 games away from the end of his professional managerial career HAHAHA.

If Sheps can get another job after 5 years of f**k all at Falkirk, I'm sure Hartley will be fine. 

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I have been positive in most of my posts about Hartley and I am still willing to give him and the new signings further time as I think they deserve that.

The one thing I will say however about last nights match is that Irving and Froxy apart I thought the young **** looked a lot more comfortable on the ball than us. It was physical presence that won us that match and against most sides in the Championship we won't have that advantage.

I personally think we have regressed as a club due to this makeover, our managers previously would've had a couple of academy players/players not in the 11 starting last night, I've slated Houston for dragging our academy to pointless in his tenure but in the challenge cup he did tend to give a few young uns a run out.

The 11 starting last night was what our manager deemed our strongest 11 bar Mutch which is a worry.

We haven't assembled a better spine of a team than we had last season and although the football season has just started, I'm kinda glad its off this weekend, my liver also is 

6 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If Sheps can get another job after 5 years of f**k all at Falkirk, I'm sure Hartley will be fine. 

Perhaps not his professional managerial career but I think like Shep it'll be a team in the seaside leagues if he screws up with us.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If it doesn't improve, Hartley will struggle to get a full time gig as manager. 

The CV will obviously show the good at Alloa and Dundee followed by the massive slide at Dundee, 30 or so games at Falkirk stating play offs are his target only to be safe 25 or so games later, then creating a car crash of a team with madness in players positions and formation if it does go tits up for him here.

The recruitment is that bad so far, I wouldn't mind seeing McKee return, a player I wanted to see go

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If it doesn't improve, Hartley will struggle to get a full time gig as manager. 

The CV will obviously show the good at Alloa and Dundee followed by the massive slide at Dundee, 30 or so games at Falkirk stating play offs are his target only to be safe 25 or so games later, then creating a car crash of a team with madness in players positions and formation if it does go tits up for him here.

The recruitment is that bad so far, I wouldn't mind seeing McKee return, a player I wanted to see go

If we had a McKee in midfield last night that would have been an improvement as TOE has no noticeable ability to pass, head, shoot, tackle, create or destroy.

At least McKee can create, and would have been no worse in defensive duties than TOE.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we had a McKee in midfield last night that would have been an improvement as TOE has no noticeable ability to pass, head, shoot, tackle, create or destroy.

At least McKee can create, and would have been no worse in defensive duties than TOE.

Didn't TOE get an assist for our first goal? Looked like him in the highlights.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

So you think if it doesn't improve he'll still be here in October? I think 5 games is being generous.

And who's going to employ someone who's been sacked by Dundee and then failed at Falkirk? Cowdenbeath or similar.

Edited by EdiBairn

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

So you think if it doesn't improve he'll still be here in October? I think 5 games is being generous.

And who's going to employ someone who's been sacked by Dundee and then failed at Falkirk? Cowdenbeath or similar.

Quite a lot of teams at this level. If clubs didnt employ managers who had been sacked, there would be a remarkable lack of managers with any experience kicking around. Pretty much every manager about 40 has been sacked or asked to leave a club at least once. Away and stop slavering shite. We'd have never taken Totten back if we used your criteria. Alex Smith would have retired decades ago. Rodgers wouldn't be Celtic manager etc. 

I think what he means is that his stock would take a hit so you would be looking at a mid to top table league one team to rebuild his profile with, guys like Smith, Rogers you know they are good coaches regardless of what happens, questions would be there for Hartley

1 minute ago, S-Bairn said:

I think what he means is that his stock would take a hit so you would be looking at a mid to top table league one team to rebuild his profile with, guys like Smith, Rogers you know they are good coaches regardless of what happens, questions would be there for Hartley

Well that's a judgment for a team looking for a manager to make. There's plenty of managers that are serial failures that manage to keep bouncing back time after time. Paul Lambert springs to mind. Doesn't matter how he is perceived by anyone other than the person sitting opposite him in the interview room. 

Every single one of us could despise the ground a Manger walks on, but if he sells himself to the chairman, that's it. 

The sad thing with our current signing strategy is that players don't know how the fans feel. Falkirkfc has almost always had a loyal support who want to see a team playing with passion and attacking. The new players are here to make money ( granted not a fortune) not to see our club return to the top tier. You saw the difference when Miller and Kerr played. They wanted Falkirk to win and celebrated when we did. OK it ended in tears. The club need players who play for the jersey. Will Vaulks did that and the fans loved it. The connection with fans is not there with the new team yet and all they hear is a lot of insults from the Main Stand. Hartley is also not a Falkirk man and his only focus is trying to be a success to get a bigger gig.