The Falkirk FC Thread

Short-term, the win will hopefully build a bit of confidence.

Looking beyond tonight, if anyone thinks that was an improved performance then they're kidding themselves. It looked better in parts due to the inferior opposition but let's face it, any half decent team would have pumped us tonight.

Great to see us win a game. Hopefully a small boost for players confidence if nothing much else.

Really delighted to see both the arse cheeks Colts punted out early doors, yet again making a mockery of their continued inclusion.

To put our result into perspective though, Annan Athletic pumped Celtic U21s 4-0 tonight, perhaps showing just how far we need to climb to be competitive in this league.

Still great to see Hartley start with a positive formation and with players like Haber to come in, still hopeful we can get something against the journeymen.

The comments re how slow Harrison and Dallison are, give me the fear though when I think Stephen Dobbie....

All of them should have their cards marked for entertaining this farce and should be told not to come back for the rest of the season. Probably the same ones who were creaming themselves at the suggestion of McCoist for manager last season. 
5b73337acd7b5_ScreenShot2018-08-14at20_54_12.png.1fa73f5f74033652cb118700691de275.png

I’m sorry lads, but for that I wish you nothing but misery for the rest of the season. I know you’ll understand how much it hurts me to do this to a team with Froxy in it, but that is totally unacceptable.

The problem with Sammut is that in premier reserves they play a totally different sport !the ball is basically on the deck 90% and stroked around ! In our league it's rarely under control and 90% in the air to be effective you need a very different set of battling skills to pick up second balls that he either doesn't have or will take time to acquire! He must wonder what the hell let himself on for ! I blame our scout for not being aware of that issue !

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The problem with Sammut is that in premier reserves they play a totally different sport !the ball is basically on the deck 90% and stroked around ! In our league it's rarely under control and 90% in the air to be effective you need a very different set of battling skills to pick up second balls that he either doesn't have or will take time to acquire! He must wonder what the hell let himself on for ! I blame our scout for not being aware of that issue !

If he was good enough he would stand out. I don't know what he's supposed to be good at. Doesn't look creative, doesn't look a battler, doesn't look box to box. I don't see the point of him . The Hearts kid looks streets ahead. He plays development football too.

32 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If he was good enough he would stand out. I don't know what he's supposed to be good at. Doesn't look creative, doesn't look a battler, doesn't look box to box. I don't see the point of him . The Hearts kid looks streets ahead. He plays development football too.

'Doesn't look creative, doesn't look a battler, doesn't look box to box' could cover just about every midfielder he's signed apart from Irving.

Edited by Shodwall cat

38 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I think he's a young guy who's in a strange environment, playing in a team that's got no clue one game from another what they are supposed to do, and on top of that he's getting no help from the manager, because the manager thinks it's all the players fault. 

But maybe that's just me and Chelsea have no idea how to spot or coach a player. 

I like the fact that Irving is prepared to beat a man and have a shot at goals. it's a simple thing but we don't have enough of it in our side

Just now, DeeBairn said:

I think he's a young guy who's in a strange environment, playing in a team that's got no clue one game from another what they are supposed to do, and on top of that he's getting no help from the manager, because the manager thinks it's all the players fault. 

But maybe that's just me and Chelsea have no idea how to spot or coach a player. 

I knew someone would do the "he's at Chelsea" thing. 

There's a whole universe of Tesco shelf stackers who were young players at big clubs. Its no sign they are decent. 

33 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If you watched the rangers boys last night they played like an academy team. Good movement, kept the ball  on the deck but lacked the aggression and physicality of men’s football. They’re the two things academy football doesn’t have and two of the key components in the men’s game.

When an academy boy steps into men’s football he has to learn the difference very quickly and how to adapt. In a lot of cases (ie Sammut ) they’re probably playing with poorer players technically and having to deal with the physicality and aggression. He’d probably have been more comfortable playing in the rangers team last night. He needs to learn quickly.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I knew someone would do the "he's at Chelsea" thing. 

There's a whole universe of Tesco shelf stackers who were young players at big clubs. Its no sign they are decent. 

Exactly!

Chelsea aren't exactly renowned for their youth anyway. I can think of a few that have went on to other clubs and done ok but not that many off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jeezo he really looks like he doesn't give a feck.

Whether that's to do with the interview or the wider situation I could not say...

Exactly my thought. Don't think anything to do with the interviewer. Looks like he just can't be bothered. Not good.