The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He's signed for Edinburgh City.  Best of luck to him, he's found his level.

He can't have. EdiBairn previously told us we would all be surprised where he ended up and that's hardly a surprise to anyone.

If fairness to EBs comments earlier (don't know how to multiquote) I think he WILL have a successful career, depending on how you define success. He's good enough to play football at a lower level for a number of years. I see him as being akin to another of our ex-youth strikers, Andy Rodgers.

I don't think there's any danger he will bypass Falkirk. Not unless he suddenly develops attributes that he hasn't shown during his time with us. And I say that from the perspective of having seen virtually every game he played for Falkirk. 

Good luck Scotty. I hope things work out for you.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He can't have. EdiBairn previously told us we would all be surprised where he ended up and that's hardly a surprise to anyone.

If fairness to EBs comments earlier (don't know how to multiquote) I think he WILL have a successful career, depending on how you define success. He's good enough to play football at a lower level for a number of years. I see him as being akin to another of our ex-youth strikers, Andy Rodgers.

I don't think there's any danger he will bypass Falkirk. Not unless he suddenly develops attributes that he hasn't shown during his time with us. And I say that from the perspective of having seen virtually every game he played for Falkirk. 

Good luck Scotty. I hope things work out for you.

Rogers is a decent shout actually. Pretty similar in terms of ability. 

He probably won't pass us but we need to be careful not to join him 

50 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I stand by what I've previously said about Scott Shepherd(and no I don't know him in any way).

He's proven whenever he's given the chance to play and start games in his proper position upfront that he will score goals- both at Edinburgh City and our development squad.

Too many judged him(and abused him outrageously) based on 5 minute sub appearances at right wing. Even in those, he was nowhere near as bad as some are desperate to make out. Why abusing a young man who came through our academy seems to entertain some people I have no idea.

He'll go on to have a very successful career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him pass us by in the future. 

All the best Scott. Some people on this thread should be ashamed of the way they've treated a player who's barely played for us over the last few seasons.

I used to think the same till he was given a chance to play up front for the first team and he was absolutely awful . Had more chances than most but never took any of them. Noone to blame but himself for never making it with us.

Edinburgh city play in the basement league for gods sake  and the dev league isnae even that good as seen by the results of colt teams in the challenge cup in recent years.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Did the guy who played Jason King not turn out to be a paedo? 

If I had to think of a former Falkirk striker to compare Sheps to? How about the boy that rattled a guy with a shovel, Derek Colquhoun was it? 

That's Sheps right there, good burst of pace but brutal finishing. 

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Don't think he'd take it. Not unless he's out of work a good bit longer. 

Reckon he'll be first name out of the hat if a Prem team sacks their manager or a League One team in England

I can't see anyone in the top league going for him, this league a certainty will be favourite for any of the 9 clubs if their managers are sacked/resigned

There was plenty jobs going for Hopkin in the summer if he was highly that thought of

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Tbf he lived off that ball in to Alston versus Queens for some time and that was 13/14. So that's at least 4-5 years in and around the team. First team play around 50 games a year with cups etc. Every chance its 70.

He looked a player back then but his pace is now gone and he did put a cracking ball in v Raith a couple o seasons ago to earn us a draw, is really the only recent thing to note

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Shepps was w**k .

I still reckon that two year deal from Houston was a f**k you to someone. 

Ultimately all of us as it turned out 

Petra 2yr contract is ?

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

He's signed for Edinburgh City.  Best of luck to him, he's found his level.

How he can pass us by from there is similar to saying he was abused, Sheps is 23 now and I think its very safe to say he won't make it at this level now which is the general consensus of what has been said.

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

No.

So I've noticed. I'd settle for somewhere with a moderate chance of food poisoning and a zero chance of halloumi.

Is there still a wee van down at the retail park?

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So I've noticed. I'd settle for somewhere with a moderate chance of food poisoning and a zero chance of halloumi.

Is there still a wee van down at the retail park?

There used to be one in the B and Q car park. No idea if it's still there though. 

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

f**k me... The lesser spotted Tommy Robson starts the night

Aye, but what's the formation? Back five with McGhee and Robson wing backs? Back four with a centre half in front? 

Lewis and Froxy up front? 

I'm just going to assume he's put 11 names on the sheet and let them figure it out themselves. 

IMG_20180814_184201.jpg

Edited by DeeBairn