The Falkirk FC Thread

I never thought this day would arrive. Played over 70 times for us, help ma boab.

Wish him the best in his career, did well in league 2 last year so could maybe try and make something of himself in League 1 this season, would be surprised to see him get a full time gig.

Harris and McKee, the bell tolls for thee.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's clearly an example of "be careful what you wish for" isn't it?

The vast majority of those players had to go. I don't think that's the issue, it's the fact they've been replaced by absolute turkeys (Petra, Turner, Sammut imo), or the formation is so bad it's making what talent we have look dreadful and unbalanced.

I think the recruitment was always a risk, but I was happy to go with PH's judgement as he largely got it right last season.

But the regression in his tactics and selections this year is utterly baffling.

I got slaughtered last week for suggesting we should try and end Turner and Sammut's loan deals early and I stick by that. Turner didn't even make the bench at the weekend and Sammut is either useless or just not ready to play men's football yet and we can't afford to wait for him to get up to speed.

Get in a right back (I know :lol:) and a decent forward and we could be ok aslong as Hartley keeps things simple with a 442. 

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I got slaughtered last week for suggesting we should try and end Turner and Sammut's loan deals early and I stick by that. Turner didn't even make the bench at the weekend and Sammut is either useless or just not ready to play men's football yet and we can't afford to wait for him to get up to speed.

Get in a right back (I know :lol:) and a decent forward and we could be ok aslong as Hartley keeps things simple with a 442. 

Aye, I saw someone earlier saying "Sammut is clearly a very talented player" or something like that.

Is he?

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Where's Sheps off to?

No fucking danger he played 70 games. I'm calling fake news on thag

Tbf he lived off that ball in to Alston versus Queens for some time and that was 13/14. So that's at least 4-5 years in and around the team. First team play around 50 games a year with cups etc. Every chance its 70.

2 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I admittedly have only seen the Montrose and St Johnstone games, but put it this way, I never disagreed with you.

9 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Tbf he lived off that ball in to Alston versus Queens for some time and that was 13/14. So that's at least 4-5 years in and around the team. First team play around 50 games a year with cups etc. Every chance its 70.

A quick look at the stats on Soccerway shows 65 Falkirk first team appearances for Scott Shepherd.