The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

What happens in the next round when Rangers reserve teams gets through, how do they keep them apart from the big team? 

Has anyone at the SFA spfl actually thought it through? 

Easy. The big team don't enter the Challenge Cup. 

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's clearly an example of "be careful what you wish for" isn't it?

The vast majority of those players had to go. I don't think that's the issue, it's the fact they've been replaced by absolute turkeys (Petra, Turner, Sammut imo), or the formation is so bad it's making what talent we have look dreadful and unbalanced.

I think the recruitment was always a risk, but I was happy to go with PH's judgement as he largely got it right last season.

But the regression in his tactics and selections this year is utterly baffling.

I wouldn't even call it a regression in tactics. Towards the end of last season, some of his team selections were baffling with Taiwo in particular being dropped when he shouldn't've been. You then had Jakubiak far too isolated once Nelson got injured, which again he didn't change.

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's clearly an example of "be careful what you wish for" isn't it?

The vast majority of those players had to go. I don't think that's the issue, it's the fact they've been replaced by absolute turkeys (Petra, Turner, Sammut imo), or the formation is so bad it's making what talent we have look dreadful and unbalanced.

I think the recruitment was always a risk, but I was happy to go with PH's judgement as he largely got it right last season.

But the regression in his tactics and selections this year is utterly baffling.

The thing is most of us weren't bothered about the likes of Craigen, Kerr, Taiwo, Longridge leaving as we knew they weren't good enough to win us the league  which has to be our number one priority.  Unfortunately their replacements will be lucky to keep us in this league from a relegation perspective which is why most of us would have some of these guys back over the dross we now have to watch.  We never thought for a moment that Hartley would be willing to let these guys go and then replace them with complete duds.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

What happens in the next round when Rangers reserve teams gets through, how do they keep them apart from the big team? 

Has anyone at the SFA spfl actually thought it through? 

All 4 European entrants get a bye into the final, mate. Seedings go by who scored the most away goals unless VAR rules them out.

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The thing is most of us weren't bothered about the likes of Craigen, Kerr, Taiwo, Longridge leaving as we knew they weren't good enough to win us the league  which has to be our number one priority.  Unfortunately their replacements will be lucky to keep us in this league from a relegation perspective which is why most of us would have some of these guys back over the dross we now have to watch.  We never thought for a moment that Hartley would be willing to let these guys go and then replace them with complete duds.

Exactly this. We thought we were creating a squad good enough to win the league this summer. 

What is our ceiling now? What's the best position boys can see us finishing in? 

I'm saying 6th. f**k me that's depressing!

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

All 4 European entrants get a bye into the final, mate. Seedings go by who scored the most away goals unless VAR rules them out.

When do the teams from the Central African Republic  and Myanmar join in? Is it the next round or the one after?

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Exactly this. We thought we were creating a squad good enough to win the league this summer. 

F**k me thats over generous I'd say never mind depressing.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If we do finish 6th does Hartley get sacked after saying his aim was the title?**

**If he hasn't left before then.