The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I would hope he is learning too!

I know we were awful in the LC but the two last second half displays were encouraging. I know we never played well in the first half yesterday but we did come close a few times in the second half and on another day we may have scored 3 goals.
Reality is we lost 2 games by a goal in each, it's not as if we were scudded in both.

I know our fan base is fickle like most, we are either heroes or zeroes!

don't you think it might be possible we looked good in the second half of both games because the opposition were winning and allowed us to attack more?

2 up front and plan to attack from the get go, then let's see what happens..........don't set out a team from the start to play safe, then turn around and blame the players for not coming away with a win.

Cheers to ranaldo bairn,  was interesting and good to get a link to another historical website. Better meddle is excellent but didn't know about the other site, will check it out :thumsup2

(Probably check website out during a game, must be better than watching us at the moment!!)

Edited by knee jerk reaction

Guest Back Post Misses
Na of course not, it's been 2( two) league games neebs.  Sick of BPM blaming the board tae, f**k all to do with them right now. They have brought in a manager we were all pleased with, sanctioned 15 signings and that mug can't get them to play. He is the problem first and foremost, and I'm giving him one more chance on Saturday to see if he has learned from His mistakes.  

We have been in this league for nigh on 10 years. Will the Board never be made accountable in your eyes?

They hired him. Their strategy. (About their 5th since 2010) If it fails they are culpable. No?

Hartley needs time, but it was he who talked about quality signings, he who said he would win Falkirk the league no one else.

Still in the camp that a good few of these are not the players he wanted. The last minute loan signings of the last two weeks tells me that. He wanted the Jak back, they wanted the lad from Everton.

don't you think it might be possible we looked good in the second half of both games because the opposition were winning and allowed us to attack more?
2 up front and plan to attack from the get go, then let's see what happens..........don't set out a team from the start to play safe, then turn around and blame the players for not coming away with a win.
The thing that baffles me is that a 4231 isn't negative but the way we've been playing it makes it negative. Has to go with two up top this weekend

A few folk saying Hartley didn't get who he wanted to sign. That maybe true but he didn't need to go and sign a useless dud from Livingston instead.

Anyway that said we're 2 games into the season and he should get a bit more time and hopefully things click eventually. A bit of confidence could kick our season into gear.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I believe Petra wasn’t first choice for right wing/attack.

Signed a week after one of our targets went elsehwere.

I don't disagree with this, I don't agree however with some of the comments about panic buys. You don't spend six months drawing up a list of targets and only have one per position. Some took longer than others due to waiting for clubs to make their mind up, or to negotiate fees. When your first target goes elsewhere, you switch to the second target, and that probably takes another week. Would be interesting to know who Mackin was the back up for. 

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I've always thought the way to do this is to have 3 or 4 "marquee" signings. On maybe a grand a week.. or a grand and a half. 

Fill the rest of the team with jobbers or youths, maybe loans on max of 400 quid. (Academy.. cough)

Quality over quantity. Do t blow your budget was crazily.. just use it differently.

Exactly.  Its the only way you can compete with teams on a higher budget.  Ok you do take a risk with inuries but I'm willing to accept that to bring in a better quality of player than some of the tosh we're employing at the moment.

A few folk saying Hartley didn't get who he wanted to sign. That maybe true but he didn't need to go and sign a useless dud from Livingston instead.
Anyway that said we're 2 games into the season and he should get a bit more time and hopefully things click eventually. A bit of confidence could kick our season into gear.

Fair enough Mackin wasn’t at his best on Saturday, however to call him a dud after 2 and a half games with us is fucking unreal.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly.  Its the only way you can compete with teams on a higher budget.  Ok you do take a risk with inuries but I'm willing to accept that to bring in a better quality of player than some of the tosh we're employing at the moment.

Yep. 

Injuries are only a problem if you have players you'll miss. There's not one of this lot id be gutted to know was missing a game with the sniffles.