The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Likewise.

Sacking a manager after three league games sends a statement out. Any incoming manager would then run the same risk that if he didn't get it right quickly then he would be out the door. Why would any good manager take that risk and ruin their reputation?

There's some more "pish" for you

If it was a new manager this season then you have a point, its also 6 competitive games in which we have been owned by in the first 45 mins of three seaside league teams and only slightly flattered to win 2 of them in the 2nd 45mins.

Any manager wouldn't give much thot if we emptied Hartley, we are not repeat offenders of sacking managers, the structure at the club is better than most in this league and if they have any grain of confidence in themselves, the outgoing manager is never on their mind

25 minutes ago, brokeville said:

There seems to be a lack of team spirit around the club. I wonder if that has a lot to do with a lack of leadership. We are missing that from the boardroom, dugout and pitch in my opinion.

The lack of team spirit is because we have a manager who treats players like shit and is constantly falling out with individuals.

This kind of management style may have worked 30 years ago but it won't in 2018.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Mackin looked like a guy who'd been pulled out the pub after 4 pints yesterday. It's embarrassing for a full time footballer to be in that shape. 

Petravicius is Taylor Morgan levels of bad. 

Absolutely agree.

i thought our fitness guy Tam ??? was supposed to be top notch?

Mackin should not reappear until he has lost a stone and improved his fitness 100%

Guest Back Post Misses
Likewise.  
Sacking a manager after three league games sends a statement out. Any incoming manager would then run the same risk that if he didn't get it right quickly then he would be out the door. Why would any good manager take that risk and ruin their reputation?

There's some more "pish" for you

I have not said sack him, I said you are talking nonsense that only out of work managers would be interested in the job at Falkirk.

I have not said sack him, I said you are talking nonsense that only out of work managers would be interested in the job at Falkirk.
Plenty have said to sack him now. Do you think someone like Ian McCall would take the job? He would look at the team and think it'll take time to sort out and by then I might be punted as well. Or he can stay at Ayr where he is doing a good job and maybe move on further down the line

Hartley looks like he's tried a completely different approach after being burned by his recruitment in his final season at Dens and it's looking like it's having the exact same result. 

Combine that with some heartless midfielders and a lack of width and it'll more than likely be the exact same story as what ended him at Dens. He'd go on to be a great manager if he wasn't so fucking stubborn. If he thinks he's right, nothing will change his mind otherwise even if glaringly obvious. 

Just now, Rocco said:

Plenty have said to sack him now. Do you think someone like Ian McCall would take the job? He would look at the team and think it'll take time to sort out and by then I might be punted as well. Or he can stay at Ayr where he is doing a good job and maybe move on further down the line

This same nonsense about 'who else could we get' was spouted last year before Houston was sacked. 

No one knows who else we could get. That's why you have a recruitment process where people apply for the job. 

There are a number of obvious out of work candidates before you even look at those with jobs.

This same nonsense about 'who else could we get' was spouted last year before Houston was sacked. 
No one knows who else we could get. That's why you have a recruitment process where people apply for the job. 
There are a number of obvious out of work candidates before you even look at those with jobs.
I have no argument to that if we're 2 months down the line. I just think it's ridiculous we're having this conversation just now

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hartley looks like he's tried a completely different approach after being burned by his recruitment in his final season at Dens and it's looking like it's having the exact same result. 

Combine that with some heartless midfielders and a lack of width and it'll more than likely be the exact same story as what ended him at Dens. He'd go on to be a great manager if he wasn't so fucking stubborn. If he thinks he's right, nothing will change his mind otherwise even if glaringly obvious. 

We can't say they didn't warn us.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont think it matter tbh. Haber will take the brute slot whenever he is fit. I would have Lewis, O'Hara and even Froxy up beside Haber before Mackin based on yesterday.

But Andy Nelson beside Haber is the moist tip scenario here

If we're still having to play O'Hara after making 16 signings, we're as well locking the gates.

If Hartley doesn’t t accept that his signings aren’t good enough, but blames the players for not doing what they told, and he believes he is putting the right players in the right positions, then unfortunately, we are dealing with an ego

Egotistical managers in any walk of life will be tolerated if they deliver results. If they don’t, then their tenure is likely to be very brief as they will have far more enemies than friends.

Guest Back Post Misses

If the money is right they move jobs. Cash talks

Guest Back Post Misses
If he thinks he's right, nothing will change his mind otherwise even if glaringly obvious. 

Someone said exactly that to me today.

If the money is right they move jobs. Cash talks
Agreed. Do we have any though?

My point was always that it's too early to change manager, however, if things are still the same in a month or two then it's completely justifiable

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

See that’s where my question mark is, he never even applied for the job, we asked him to take it. 

Too early to bump him IMO, he needs to wake the fcuk up though.

I’m scared and we’re only two games in. 

I wasn't there yesterday but I've seen us 4 times this season and from the first game I went to away at alloa i said I was very underwhelmed by the quality of our signings. most are worse than we had. I stand by that. I feel no connection at all with the side and haven't enjoyed any if the games I've seen. I've seen poor falkirks more times than I care to remember and even clapped off losing sides on many occasions when theyve deserved it however there's a lot wrong with our side just now. we are like the worst houstie period unbalanced slow lacking threat and confidence.

I said at the outset we'd finish comfortably bottom half on what I'd seem however still think there is enough of a core of a side there if set out right to get us mid table. most fans seem to be 90pc agreed on a number of things

1. stop playing 4 centre halfs at the back. play either Robson or Russell.
2. play 2 up front
3. petravious has added nothing yet starts every game
4. very few of these new players have done anything in the opening 6 competitive games to make us think we'll challenge

in our next game Hartley has to start with 2 up front and generally attack from the start. opening two games we've set up to contain and it's been absolutely rubbish to watch as a spectacle. get a left back in and drop petravious.

dobbie and Harkins were two players that ran a mock at tfs last season and we better hope they don't bring their a game this time.

the side has to be built around a spine of haber Irving Greenwood who've generally performed well. on performances I'd now pick Harrison over dallison and play him with Muirhead.

so

fasan
McGhee Mhead Harrison Robson
Paton (as no one else)
toe Irving Greenwood
haber Mackin (appreciate poor yesterday and Lewis quicker but think he'll be better alongside haber)

Two big problems as far as I can see. Firstly we were unable to attract the players that had been targeted leaving us with a pretty mixed bag of second, third or even fourth choice signings (also failed to keep Sibbald and Longridge). Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Secondly the Manager is not getting the most out of the players available to him, his player selections and formations are are strange to the point of perverse.

We probably do have enough about us to still mount a challenge but only if Hartley gets his head out of his backside quick style and makes the most of the squad he has.

Two big problems as far as I can see. Firstly we were unable to attract the players that had been targeted leaving us with a pretty mixed bag of second, third or even fourth choice signings (also failed to keep Sibbald and Longridge). Pay peanuts get monkeys.
Secondly the Manager is not getting the most out of the players available to him, his player selections and formations are are strange to the point of perverse.
We probably do have enough about us to still mount a challenge but only if Hartley gets his head out of his backside quick style and makes the most of the squad he has.

Hopefully this attacker he's hoping to bring in strengthens us as well