The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There were a few people bigging Hartley up chief.

A lot of people were also being realistic as to our progression being slower and in smaller steps.

To be fair, I'm quite surprised how you guys went from 2nd placed to seemingly struggling at the bottom. You have the budget and the fans to bounce back at any given time just depends on who's in charge.

Guessing you lot would take Hopkin given he's out of a job at the moment?

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, I'm quite surprised how you guys went from 2nd placed to seemingly struggling at the bottom. You have the budget and the fans to bounce back at any given time just depends on who's in charge.

Guessing you lot would take Hopkin given he's out of a job at the moment?

It shows how tough this league can be. Houston made a few bad signings, players confidence went and we sunk.

I am not a huge Hartley fan however don’t think sacking him after 2 games is the answer.

He needs to sort out the positional problems and decide on his best 11 soon though.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It shows how tough this league can be. Houston made a few bad signings, players confidence went and we sunk.

I am not a huge Hartley fan however don’t think sacking him after 2 games is the answer.

He needs to sort out the positional problems and decide on his best 11 soon though.

I'm assuming Froxy is having the same fitness issues he had at Dumbarton too? 

It's definitely a tough league though, really needs full focus with a full team pulling together to do anything effectively.

.....and that is key. If you sign a bunch of decent enough players at this level, and play them in positions they understand, and in which they can perform to the best of their ability, you will have a decent enough team, and the whole might well be better than the sum of its parts.

If however, you take those decent enough players and mess them about in the way Hartley has (and I suspect he does this to justify the “manager” tag), you are going to get the first half disasters we are currently being served up.

He needs to get the message very very quickly, and be prepared to question his own actions as much as the players.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

33 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Are people on here seriously thinking we should sack a manager after 3 league games? So anyone looking in would see that he got beat by one goal in the first two games.

Seriously question what goes through some people's heads. What sort of manager would take the job when we sacked one after THREE league games? People are throwing out names like Ian McCall but he would laugh in our faces.

It's just a stupid idea that would only be thought of by clueless fans

No one whatsoever wants Hartley sacked because of the results. It's the signings, idiotic team selections and failing to learn from mistakes that's the problem.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No. But he is not as good as Haber. Mackin is the big guy when Haber is out I think, but either guy needs a partner.

Im not criticising Mackin too much from yesterday. He was onto a loser before the first whistle. I am unsure if I will make the Queens game, but by f**k il be seething if we dont play two up front and have a go at them.

We could've had Messi, Ronaldo, Pele etc up front and they would've struggled on the hoofball service he got.

As for Haber, we know he is injury prone and it isn't a surprise to see him injured. Haber like Mackin tho, we haven't really seen a lot of to fully fully judge albeit Haber does look like our best striker because he wins headers

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd give him one final chance to put out a proper team against Queens otherwise I'd sack him that evening.

More chance of Leishman getting the FFC managers job than Hartley getting sacked after QOS

No one whatsoever wants Hartley sacked because of the results. It's the signings, idiotic team selections and failing to learn from mistakes that's the problem.
He's had two league games! Maybe next week he will change it. He can see during games what's not working so maybe it clicked yesterday

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:
8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why sign a player who is not good enough?

It's your opinion he's not good enough. I'm willing to give the guy time. Let's revisit this in a couple of months once he has been playing in a settled team

Settled team? Are u having a laugh.

Guest Back Post Misses
Quantity over quality then?

All the unemployed shite managers would want it. No decent manager would

With respect you do slaver some pish

Guest Back Post Misses
.....and that is key. If you sign a bunch of decent enough players at this level, and play them in positions they understand, and in which they can perform to the best of their ability, you will have a decent enough team, and the whole might well be better than the sum of its parts.
If however, you take those decent enough players and mess them about in the way Hartley has (and I suspect he does this to justify the “manager” tag), you are going to get the first half disasters we are currently being served up.
He needs to get the message very very quickly, and be prepared to question his own actions as much as the players.

Hear stories it is his was or the highway. He needs to change is highway if the rumours are true

With respect you do slaver some pish

Likewise.

Sacking a manager after three league games sends a statement out. Any incoming manager would then run the same risk that if he didn't get it right quickly then he would be out the door. Why would any good manager take that risk and ruin their reputation?

There's some more "pish" for you

5 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Based on?

The utter lack on central midfielders who c a n take the ball down and pass it, with the exception of irving who will be back in Edinburgh in January. We need to get Froxy in the team, because Owen-Evans is still hit and miss, Irving will be away in January and Paton can't to anything other than snarl. 

So after January, or even before if he is recalled early the midfield will be what, Paton and Owen-Evans? Paton and Sammut? We've tried those, Froxy need a run out now. Because I can't see any other creativity in midfield other than Irving and he's not our player for long. 

The utter lack on central midfielders who c a n take the ball down and pass it, with the exception of irving who will be back in Edinburgh in January. We need to get Froxy in the team, because Owen-Evans is still hit and miss, Irving will be away in January and Paton can't to anything other than snarl. 

So after January, or even before if he is recalled early the midfield will be what, Paton and Owen-Evans? Paton and Sammut? We've tried those, Froxy need a run out now. Because I can't see any other creativity in midfield other than Irving and he's not our player for long. 

I don’t think we’d have too much issues getting Irving back on loan for the remainder of the season, he’s not going to get into hearts midfield.

I don’t think we’d have too much issues getting Irving back on loan for the remainder of the season, he’s not going to get into hearts midfield.
Yeah if Hearts keep going along ok Irving will stay with us no issues. Hes almost guaranteed a full season of first team action in a tough league. Great for his development.