The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Spoke to one of the Bairns for Life representatives last Saturday and, if I recollect correctly, he said they have £12k in the bank and about 150 members.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Spoke to one of the Bairns for Life representatives last Saturday and, if I recollect correctly, he said they have £12k in the bank and about 150 members.

That is correct.

Guest Back Post Misses
Everyone is getting on the back of the recruitment,

That is because it was built up to be the best thing since sliced bread and it is a crock of shit. The only Southern recruit I am 100% sure of is Greenwood.

Guest Back Post Misses
Totally agree. I wonder how he would have played against ICT and Partick had Mackin and Haber been fit for both. Would he have played 2 up top then? 

Mackin is not good enough

15 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Actual right-back. 2 of Dallison, McGhee, Aero or Harrison. Robson or Russell.

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

McGhee should play CH or sit beside us

PS same with Muirhead

Agree with both of these btw but assuming we have to piss with the cock we have got, its fucking ludicrous that we have two CH's that can play RB in a pinch, but the much better one is shunted to LB at the expense of two bona fide LBs. It's two positions that are much weaker than the options we actually have. It makes no sense whatsoever. 

Aye we should have signed a RB, but failing that, we are picking the very worst options we can because of the domino effect it has on the team. 

That is because it was built up to be the best thing since sliced bread and it is a crock of shit. The only Southern recruit I am 100% sure of is Greenwood.
It's still early days. Yes I'm a bit worried by it but it could easily change. Like has been said if Hartley picks a formation like 442 and plays players in their correct positions then we may start to see that improvement

Mackin is not good enough
Who could we have signed then? It's easy to say he's not good enough but what were the other options?

I think he could be a useful player for us but as I've said before it's still too early to judge

Who could we have signed then? It's easy to say he's not good enough but what were the other options?

I think he could be a useful player for us but as I've said before it's still too early to judge
Dont think it matter tbh. Haber will take the brute slot whenever he is fit. I would have Lewis, O'Hara and even Froxy up beside Haber before Mackin based on yesterday.

But Andy Nelson beside Haber is the moist tip scenario here

Dont think it matter tbh. Haber will take the brute slot whenever he is fit. I would have Lewis, O'Hara and even Froxy up beside Haber before Mackin based on yesterday.

But Andy Nelson beside Haber is the moist tip scenario here
Is it fair to judge Mackin on his performance when he was playing up top on his own and we played shit. If he's still shit in a run of games with someone beside him then fair enough

Is it fair to judge Mackin on his performance when he was playing up top on his own and we played shit. If he's still shit in a run of games with someone beside him then fair enough
No. But he is not as good as Haber. Mackin is the big guy when Haber is out I think, but either guy needs a partner.

Im not criticising Mackin too much from yesterday. He was onto a loser before the first whistle. I am unsure if I will make the Queens game, but by f**k il be seething if we dont play two up front and have a go at them.

No. But he is not as good as Haber. Mackin is the big guy when Haber is out I think, but either guy needs a partner.

Im not criticising Mackin too much from yesterday. He was onto a loser before the first whistle. I am unsure if I will make the Queens game, but by f**k il be seething if we dont play two up front and have a go at them.
He's a different player to Haber though. Haber will win everything in the air whereas Mackin won't. He is big and strong and has previously shown he has a good touch. Time will tell though

Guest Back Post Misses

I just wouldn’t have signed him he is not good enough. If Haber was on the radar then why sign him?

My thoughts on the new signings so far

Encouraging signs:

Haber

Greenwood

Fasan

Irving

Harrison

Jury still out:

Lewis

Dallison

Petravicius

Owen-Evans

Paton

Froxylias

Russell

A bit shit:

Sammut (thankfully only on loan)

Brough

Mackin (surely wouldn't have been signed if we'd known Haber would become available)

Turner (thankfully only on loan)

I reckon around 60% of the guys in my jury still out list will turn out to be decent, with the other 40% going in to the shit list. Sammut may well turn in to a good player but we simply can't afford to give him that kind of time 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

18 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

My thoughts on the new signings so far

Encouraging signs:

Haber

Greenwood

Fasan

Irving

Harrison

Jury still out:

Lewis

Dallison

Petravicius

Owen-Evans

Paton

Froxylias

Russell

A bit shit:

Sammut (thankfully only on loan)

Brough

Mackin (surely wouldn't have been signed if we'd known Haber would become available)

Turner (thankfully only on loan)

I reckon around 60% of the guys in my jury still out list will turn out to be decent, with the other 40% going in to the shit list. Sammut may well turn in to a good player but we simply can't afford to give him that kind of time 

If that happens, we will at least have a good starting 11,though it may include more than four centre halfs. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm 100% sure of two or three of them, but I don't think it's in the same way as you! :lol:

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Confront emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nae bother big guy.

So you did nothing, and settled for coming on here moaning about fans moaning, pretty much the most pointless enterprise going. Ok, thanks for confirming.