The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the penny has dropped for a lot of fans(bar one or two exceptions on this thread who care more about criticising our own fans who've already backed the team incredibly this season) that the league cup results weren't some sort of aberration, but that recruitment and tactics have simply not been good enough.

Hartley will certainly be given time to sort out this mess of his own creation, but fully expect him to be out the door by the end of September if there's no improvement. He doesn't deserve any more time than Peter Houston(who only got 7 league games)was given IMO. I'd be astonished if the BoD aren't already looking at potential replacements.

Edited by EdiBairn

Couldn’t care about the challenge cup while colt teams are in it ( unless we get to the final of course)

Wholesale changes for me,

Mutch

Kidd
McGhee
Dallison
Russell

Greenwood 
Paton
Sammut
Robson

Ohara
Mackin

Edited by gav-ffc
Edit line up

Completely agree about the game on Tuesday could not give a single f**k about it. Will be slightly embarrassing our first team getting by beat by their kids but f**k it.

As for the next league game I genuinely can’t pick a side I’d like to see. Dallison, Muirhead, Mackin, Petravicius and Lewis absolutely none of them deserve to start. I’d genuinely rather we played Robson/Russell at right-back as the alternatives just give me the fear.

If Muirhead starts at right-back at home to Queens I’ll be absolutely seething.

Guest Back Post Misses
I posted last week on here that the danger of this whole strategy, if this goes wrong it could be damaging for years to come, and I really hope that in the next few weeks I am proved wrong.
You have to wonder if a few academy players (e.g. Cieran Dunn) alongside, say Taiwo and McKee as examples, could have done better today. Not saying they would, but you have to wonder...

The strategy is the brainchild of CC and ML. It was nothing to do with success on the pitch merely a way of ensuring we don't lose money every year. In that respect if they get it right there will be no need for transfers.

The bit they thought they would get right is signing players from the South ala Motherwell and Ross County. That has gone completely tits up because I don't believe Hartley got many of his first targets. That was probably because we are not paying enough to attract them. We have been left with the dregs and the panic buys have set in with Haber, Irving and Russell now he has realised it is a crock of shit. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more panic cheap loans before the months out.

Long term we need investment outside the day to day trading of fans money and commercial income to give the club the spark it needs. That is not going to come from the current owners, they have logged out of that, so unless they step aside and allow that to happen I see not way out of this malaise.

I take it you confronted all of these supporters who have so obviously offended your uberfan w****r sensibilities today? Or did you just crap yourself and decide to act the big man on this forum instead? I think I can probably guess.
Confront [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Nae bother big guy.

Once again my decision not to join bairns for life is looking good. If we keep going the way we are would people be happy to give Hartley cash to bring in players considering what he's already brought in? If half the cash raised went into buying shares and getting fans a bit more of a voice then it'd be worth it but the set up the now just seems to me to be not worth putting money into. 

Let's hope the 2 weeks till next league game gives us time to sort stuff out, Irvine, Greenwood and haber look good, if Hartley can build round them (and possibly play an actual full back!) we should improve COYB.

The sad fact is that Nelson is exactly the type of player we need.

Read an article which pretty much guaranteed that he would be going back out on loan once he's back from injury. Problem is it said there are a lot of clubs interested

The sad fact is that Nelson is exactly the type of player we need.

Read an article which pretty much guaranteed that he would be going back out on loan once he's back from injury. Problem is it said there are a lot of clubs interested

But he loves only us. And his 2 best mates are here waiting for him. Driving seat.

Let's hope the 2 weeks till next league game gives us time to sort stuff out, Irvine, Greenwood and haber look good, if Hartley can build round them (and possibly play an actual full back!) we should improve COYB.

2/3 players signed from Scottish teams. Is that a settling in issue or player quality? I would even add Froxy to the group of players we should be looking to build around.

Once again my decision not to join bairns for life is looking good. If we keep going the way we are would people be happy to give Hartley cash to bring in players considering what he's already brought in? If half the cash raised went into buying shares and getting fans a bit more of a voice then it'd be worth it but the set up the now just seems to me to be not worth putting money into. 

Spoke to one of the Bairns for Life representatives last Saturday and, if I recollect correctly, he said they have £12k in the bank and about 150 members.

Everyone is getting on the back of the recruitment, however, these guys could only be judged on who they were playing against. Sammut is clearly a very good player but he's not used to how physical and quick our league is. Same could easily go for Dallison. I watched a video on TOE when he signed and he was box to box and getting stuck in so I'm hopeful he'll show more soon.

I have to admit that the player I've been dissapointed in the most is Lewis. When he was signed he was billed as this extremely quick winger/striker and I haven't seen that from him.

I don't think it's a shock that our best players are the guys who have been playing in the Scottish game. The reason Jak and Nelson settled in pretty quick is because they themselves are physical.

I'm hopeful some of these guys will come good but they need to do it quick

I dont think there is really a judgement to be had on the players until Hartley stops fucking around doing stupid things.

Dallison coming in for some stick yesterday but at least he was trying to make things happen. Constantly stepping out from defence with his head up looking to play a pass, but there was no one. He also at one point charged up the left hand side looking to get something going himself. Maybe not ideal but at least he looked up for making something happen.

See if we are still shite with two up front, then I will look to the players. But currently for me, Hartley is playing a formation that only works with a lone striker levels above what we can hope to get, and midfielders levels above what we can hope to get.

Just play 4 4 2 or even 3 5 2 if we must, but Mackin or Haber need to be laying the ball off to guys who are already there to take it or go beyond them, not trying to hold it while 3 midfielders try to catch up.

I dont think there is really a judgement to be had on the players until Hartley stops fucking around doing stupid things.

Dallison coming in for some stick yesterday but at least he was trying to make things happen. Constantly stepping out from defence with his head up looking to play a pass, but there was no one. He also at one point charged up the left hand side looking to get something going himself. Maybe not ideal but at least he looked up for making something happen.

See if we are still shite with two up front, then I will look to the players. But currently for me, Hartley is playing a formation that only works with a lone striker levels above what we can hope to get, and midfielders levels above what we can hope to get.

Just play 4 4 2 or even 3 5 2 if we must, but Mackin or Haber need to be laying the ball off to guys who are already there to take it or go beyond them, not trying to hold it while 3 midfielders try to catch up.

Totally agree. I wonder how he would have played against ICT and Partick had Mackin and Haber been fit for both. Would he have played 2 up top then?