The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, I get muddled up between them now. I think I remember Brian Rice scoring a flying header OG in one. In another a Cadette goal was ruled out for no perceptible reason. Similar to a goal he scored v Rangers where we lost 2-1 where he took the ball in, shielded it, turned and scored. Ally McCoist perfected the art, but it was a "foul" by Richie. Disgusting decision.

One of the best own goals I've ever seen. At Brockville too, sure it might have been a midweek game 

He was a brilliant striker. His goal at Ibrox in the league cup was one of my favourites as I was in the corporate box at Ibrox that night surrounded by ****.
COYB.
Probably the most nuts I have seen a crowd go when a goal went in. There were bodies flying every where and it was a joy to see the **** heading for the exits in their droves.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
He was a brilliant striker. His goal at Ibrox in the league cup was one of my favourites as I was in the corporate box at Ibrox that night surrounded by ****.
COYB.

Probably the most nuts I have seen a crowd go when a goal went in. There were bodies flying every where and it was a joy to see the **** heading for the exits in their droves.

I remember someone getting chucked out for shouting abuse at the home fans behind us after he was hit by a coin. A seething, beeling collective heads gone from the entire stadium. Cops, stewards, the lot. **** gone/heads gone.

I remember someone getting chucked out for shouting abuse at the home fans behind us after he was hit by a coin. A seething, beeling collective heads gone from the entire stadium. Cops, stewards, the lot. **** gone/heads gone.
There was coins, spit, everything raining down on us from the seething mess above us that night and we didn't give a flying f**k.

It was a beautiful moment to be a Bairn [emoji16]

On 09/08/2018 at 14:39, Shodwall cat said:

Vaulks and Leahy took years. Are we saying that some of these boys wont be up to speed for a couple of seasons like they were? I thought we were looking to go all out for promotion not hang about in this hell hole of a league for another few year.

Vaulks never got game time under Elvis, under Holt he did and never looked back. Leahy was in out at left mid and didn't come good till he was shifted to left back, more of a case of manager or positions albeit Vaulks did well right back and centre back under Holt it was again the shift by Houston to centre mid.

On 09/08/2018 at 14:51, Senor Bairn said:

Petra is a funny one, the boy clearly isn’t a good footballer player technically however he’s probably the fastest player I can remember playing for us in a long time, if we can get him in behind defences he’ll be a good asset this season.

David Elliot was fast, Petra is just  tall shit David Elliot. The only way Petra will come good is if we move him to striker even then if his shooting is as good as his crossing....maybe not

David elliot couldn't lace John perry's boots speed with no heart or clue what to do if his pace got him in behind. Harris in my opinion has more skill but less bottle than both. Petra has more pace and less skill than both. Is he an upgrade on Harris I doubt it! Petra could however make an interesting RB, great pace isn't afraid  to tackle and less chance of being offside. Just a thought! Remember it was me who told jeffries to play yogi at centre half! My suggestion is not as daft as it sens Stuart Kennedy was similar to Petra in many ways, his pace from deep terrified defences yet in reality his cross g was just as crap as Petra over hit and aimless. Let's get behind Petra for a random RB. The move that saves ouf season 

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

David elliot couldn't lace John perry's boots speed with no heart or clue what to do if his pace got him in behind. Harris in my opinion has more skill but less bottle than both. Petra has more pace and less skill than both. Is he an upgrade on Harris I doubt it! Petra could however make an interesting RB, great pace isn't afraid  to tackle and less chance of being offside. Just a thought! Remember it was me who told jeffries to play yogi at centre half! My suggestion is not as daft as it sens Stuart Kennedy was similar to Petra in many ways, his pace from deep terrified defences yet in reality his cross g was just as crap as Petra over hit and aimless. Let's get behind Petra for a random RB. The move that saves ouf season 

Can you imagine the actual meltdown on here if we played him at right back? He could have the best game ever and there would still be tadgers on here having a go at Hartley for playing people out of position. 

"yeah, ok, so right yeah, he had a good game, but where's the RB, Hartley" etc. 

Our number 9 is certainly a number 9.

He's the first man on our list to smash the 50 goal barrier by scoring, err... 50 goals.

He scored them in 123 games around the turn of the 70's. I asked previously what sort of a player he was, and the responses can be summarised by the words awkward, niggly, annoying, hardy, etc. He must have been able to play a bit too though, having been the Rangers centre forward previously. His FFC career ended in controversy, not least with his alleged involvement in the resignation of deified manager Willie Cunningham. Not a bad management career after he retired.

Alex Ferguson.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Do we?

I see it as same as last week with Mackin replacing Haber and Sammut TOE

We better, or we're taking nothing again. 

I'd rather have Irving wide left and Lewis up front. Mackin won't do anything on his own, though I hope I am wrong. 

One place higher than Fergie, position number 8, is a much more recent striker.

He notched 51 goals over two spells with the Bairns.

His style was probably generally similar to Ferguson; involving elbows and applying the napper to the ball regularly. A full international, let us not forget, he can be credited in my opinion with scoring the goals that kept us up in the "relegation" season in 2002. He left a year later for a career in England and back up in Scotland with Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hearts. He came back to us a couple of years ago and was superb in our 15/16 season as a sub or blunt instrument when required. My daughter thinks he's fab because he taught her how to header the ball at an open day a couple of years ago. He is currently on the books of a Premiership team, and has a four letter nickname. It's BSLM himself,

Lee Miller.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

One place higher than Fergie, position number 8, is a much more recent striker.

He notched 51 goals over two spells with the Bairns.

His style was probably generally similar to Ferguson; involving elbows and applying the napper to the ball regularly. A full international, let us not forget, he can be credited in my opinion with scoring the goals that kept us up in the "relegation" season in 2002. He left a year later for a career in England and back up in Scotland with Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hearts. He came back to us a couple of years ago and was superb in our 15/16 season as a sub or blunt instrument when required. My daughter thinks he's fab because he taught her how to header the ball at an open day a couple of years ago. He is currently on the books of a Premiership team, and has a four letter nickname. It's BSLM himself,

Lee Miller.

Big Sexy Dylan Mackin doesn't have the same ring to it. Hopefully he gives us plenty of reasons for it to grow on us. 

While I'm boring you all senseless engaging your rapt attention, I'll stick the next two together. They're both from the same era, the late 40's.

In position number 7 is a centre forward who scored 52 goals.

He's another like Kenny Dawson who netted buckets of goals during the war but I'm no' havin' them. (He would be on well over 100 if I did).

Jimmy Inglis.

One place better off, in 6th, is another centre forward, who settled into the team more or less as Inglis was being eased out of it.

He scored 57 goals from 47-55, which included a season's absence at Man City. He was on the verge of the Scotland team with us, and is a name that has lingered long after he left the club.

Archie Aikman.