The Falkirk FC Thread

Moving right on to net-botherers number 13 and 12.

These two scored 44 times each.

Firstly was a late 60's/early 70's centre forward, a very popular player.

Tam Young.

Also, another player who could play anywhere up the left side. Tough, fast, determined, an eye for goal, good from 12 yards, moaning git who had a chin visible from orbit. Wouldn't have messed though. He was part of some tremendous late 80's moments and just into the 90's. A great player, who had a thing about Ayr United as he smashed in one or two every time we played them back then it seemed.

Derek McWilliams.

Based on what I've read I'm in the minority, but I have really enjoyed reading this thread this week. We have got one of the most passionate fanbases in Scotland who are dying for this team to win. 

Tomorrow is as good as it gets - have a half bottle of tonic on the train or supporters bus, tan five pints in the pub, rattle a line if that floats your boat, then get into an old school stand and get tore into these luvvie wet wipes. 

We are Falkirk, we'll do what we want. Get shouty. 

Edited by Marshmallo

Naw but just looked as his twitter profile there whilst looking for what you speak of. Mrs Leahys profile pic...... Holy shit.

Luke Leahy posting pics of his wedding day to an absolute wid as you rightly point out, Houston comments that he is “punching”

Last one for the night. I'll gently penetrate the top 10, but I'll leave you frothed up and choking for more meaty stats tomorrow.

Here, we examine number 9's number 11 and 10.

Goals for these pair numbered 45 each.

First up is a mid 60's centre forward, a terracing hero of the day. He arrived in December 1962 and departed in November 1964. Famed for scoring ALL SEVEN GOALS in a 7-3 victory over Clyde at Brockville. He continued to notch regularly in his time with us. So much so, that Celtic bought him from us. Now, this is when the board's and the aforementioned Alex McCrae's genius came to the fore. Because they sold him to Celtic, immediately before we played Celtic! Of course, this worked out as you'd expect, as Hughie scored against us within one minute of kickoff. Tremendous stuff.

Hugh Maxwell.

Next, a total hero of the terraces, subject of numerous terrace ditties still sung today, and an absolute gent to boot. Just a pity he wanted to get back to London when we were consolidating back in the Premier Division in 1994. His double strike at Ibrox against the now-deceased Rangers is the stuff of legend. A League Cup hat trick at Tannadice was sensational too. Just a pity we couldn't take penalties for toffee.

Richard Cadette. In the back of the fucking net.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Last one for the night. I'll gently penetrate the top 10, but I'll leave you frothed up and choking for more meaty stats tomorrow.

Here, we examine number 9's number 11 and 10.

Goals for these pair numbered 45 each.

First up is a mid 60's centre forward, a terracing hero of the day. He arrived in December 1962 and departed in November 1964. Famed for scoring ALL SEVEN GOALS in a 7-3 victory over Clyde at Brockville. He continued to notch regularly in his time with us. So much so, that Celtic bought him from us. Now, this is when the board's and the aforementioned Alex McCrae's genius came to the fore. Because they sold him to Celtic, immediately before we played Celtic! Of course, this worked out as you'd expect, as Hughie scored against us within one minute of kickoff. Tremendous stuff.

Hugh Maxwell.

Next, a total hero of the terraces, subject of numerous terrace ditties still sung today, and an absolute gent to boot. Just a pity he wanted to get back to London when we were consolidating back in the Premier Division in 1994. His double strike at Ibrox against the now-deceased Rangers is the stuff of legend. A League Cup hat trick at Tannadice was sensational too. Just a pity we couldn't take penalties for toffee.

Richard Cadette. In the back of the fucking net.

Its astonishing to think Richard Cadette played in the first division, at that time in his career he could easily have played at a much higher level. The best striker I have seen at Falkirk a hard working player too. 

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Its astonishing to think Richard Cadette played in the first division, at that time in his career he could easily have played at a much higher level. The best striker I have seen at Falkirk a hard working player too. 

He was a brilliant striker. His goal at Ibrox in the league cup was one of my favourites as I was in the corporate box at Ibrox that night surrounded by ****.

COYB.

John McGinn has rightly been praised recently for his tremendous use of, to be frank, his arse, in shielding the ball.

Kenny Dalglish was the world champion at this, no doubt, but I think Richie C was the best player I've ever seen in the flesh at that particular skill. 

Yeah, I get muddled up between them now. I think I remember Brian Rice scoring a flying header OG in one. In another a Cadette goal was ruled out for no perceptible reason. Similar to a goal he scored v Rangers where we lost 2-1 where he took the ball in, shielded it, turned and scored. Ally McCoist perfected the art, but it was a "foul" by Richie. Disgusting decision.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, I get muddled up between them now. I think I remember Brian Rice scoring a flying header OG in one. In another a Cadette goal was ruled out for no perceptible reason. Similar to a goal he scored v Rangers where we lost 2-1 where he took the ball in, shielded it, turned and scored. Ally McCoist perfected the art, but it was a "foul" by Richie. Disgusting decision.

The Brian Rice Og was a belter. 

9 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

The most pissed off I remember being v the men from Govan was a game we unexpectedly took a 2 goal lead absolutely against the run of  play Colin Mcdonald scored. Then the ref did all he could to make sure Rangers won. I think it was Huistras last game for them. I'm sure Durie dived for a penalty. 

I remember that game.