The Falkirk FC Thread

The only one I’m not convinced by was Turner, doesn’t even look like a football player.

This anti Turner stuff is based on what? Don’t think he has been on the park very much

Aye he’s not played an awful lot and seems to have been played out left more than up front.

I think I’ve seen him play up front twice against Aberdeen where he was one of our best players and in one of the cup games where he did look horrific.

Again he’s one that a lot seem to have written off already but it’s fair too early to have a solid opinion, positive or negative, about any of our new signings yet imo.

At number 19 on the list is more or less a straightforward number 9.

He netted 39 times for the Bairns.

I'll have to admit he was a little before my time so others might have more to say. He was with the club from 1977 to 1981, although the majority of his goals were scored in his first two seasons. He was a vital member of the team that lifted the Division 2 title in 1980. I will admit I think his name is brilliant though.

Ally McRoberts.

At number 18 we smash through the ever-important 40 goals barrier that I just made up.

The Ginger God, the Gas Meter, Houstie, as a player he was revered for his all action style, goals and determination. He was also tremendously versatile, playing for us in a wide range of positions. He was due a final substitute appearance as a farewell in 1991 but suffered a freak cheekbone accident while standing on the touchline watching a reserve match a few days before. After playing he was on the coaching staff and worked in the commercial department. He sold my parents the season ticket they bought for my 21st birthday, which was my very first.

As a manager perhaps things are still a bit fresh. But a Scottish Cup final appearance, and finishing second behind Rangers and Hibs in consecutive seasons before just falling short are no mean achievements. 

Peter Houston.

55 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agree with this. All the rest - some requiring more time than others - will do a good job at this level. How long did Leahy, Vaulks etc take to adapt to playing first team football? Even Jak last season. The hand-wringing from some on here is hilarious 

Vaulks and Leahy took years. Are we saying that some of these boys wont be up to speed for a couple of seasons like they were? I thought we were looking to go all out for promotion not hang about in this hell hole of a league for another few year.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

No but I'm trusting me own instincts like I did with Harris. If I'm wrong and I hope I am I'll be the first to say I made a horlicks of it with him.

You're going to dine out on being right about Harris for eternity, aren't you?

Aye he’s not played an awful lot and seems to have been played out left more than up front.

I think I’ve seen him play up front twice against Aberdeen where he was one of our best players and in one of the cup games where he did look horrific.

Again he’s one that a lot seem to have written off already but it’s fair too early to have a solid opinion, positive or negative, about any of our new signings yet imo.

Definitely, I missed the Aberdeen game but heard he got stuck in and looked decent, I’ve only seen him off the bench the few times he came on in the betfred cup, the two times I’ve seen him he’s not done anything. I’m not writing him off, just hasn’t done anything of note yet.

I'd add Petravicious to that too. He looks genuinely garbage. Those are the two who stand out as shit to me. 

Petra is a funny one, the boy clearly isn’t a good footballer player technically however he’s probably the fastest player I can remember playing for us in a long time, if we can get him in behind defences he’ll be a good asset this season.

48 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Definitely, I missed the Aberdeen game but heard he got stuck in and looked decent, I’ve only seen him off the bench the few times he came on in the betfred cup, the two times I’ve seen him he’s not done anything. I’m not writing him off, just hasn’t done anything of note yet.

Petra is a funny one, the boy clearly isn’t a good footballer player technically however he’s probably the fastest player I can remember playing for us in a long time, if we can get him in behind defences he’ll be a good asset this season.

He's no ability but he's fast. 

We're definitely in deep shit.