The Falkirk FC Thread

They're different players for me. Mckee isn't and never has been a defensive midfielder like Paton. He's supposed to be much more of a box-to-box player.

Agree. The thought was Paton behind McKee in midfield.

7 goals in 31 appearances is not bad for any midfield player. Particularly as some of those were from the bench.

Agree also with the comments re driving runs. After he got injured he never quite looked the same but I’d quite like to give him a chance if we don’t improve over the rest of the month. Of course we also have to consider that we had Sibbs in the team performing the creative midfielder job. That not being the case perhaps we could see a different McKee in the team.

Agree. The thought was Paton behind McKee in midfield.
7 goals in 31 appearances is not bad for any midfield player. Particularly as some of those were from the bench.
Agree also with the comments re driving runs. After he got injured he never quite looked the same but I’d quite like to give him a chance if we don’t improve over the rest of the month. Of course we also have to consider that we had Sibbs in the team performing the creative midfielder job. That not being the case perhaps we could see a different McKee in the team.
I think Irving will fill that void. Will good to see him in a 4 man midfield as I felt he was too deep in the setup on Saturday

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Record Sport understands the Greenock club are not due any compensation for the 22-year-old, after his original contract offer was withdrawn by the club.

Going by this we dont have to pay anything although it is the Daily Record.

Perhaps if the rumour of St Johnstone not willing to pay £s, Russell went back to Morton an said I'll sign and Morton didn't want three left backs(we do tho) and tore up contract offer.

3 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Now out to 12/1 to win the league. Bookies must have been at game on Saturday.

Given Saturday’s performance (particularly the first half), and given the lack of goals in the team regardless of the opposition so far, 12/1 seems like quite miserable odds to be honest.

7 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/16-not-out-paul-hartley-searching-for-attacker-1-4780895

not done yet!!

Joe McKee, Scott Shepherd and Alex Harris, all missing from today's squad photo, are likely to leave the Bairns before the end of August.

:thumsup2 f**k you. Sheps.

Four strikers signed this summer, a new contract for O'Hara, Froxylias signed to play in the hole, Greenwood and Petravicius signed for the wings, and he's wanting another attacking player in. Meanwhile we have no right back in the entire squad. I must be missing something as it is such a glaring gap to me. 

Hope to be proved wrong but after seeing him 3 times in the flesh this season can’t see how Paton is an improvement on anything that has been binned or is the answer to our problems. I would like to see Sammut given a chance against Partick. Looking forward to Saturday and a few scoops down Byers Road and a much improved performance and a change in personnel in defence.