The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Kindly go troll someone else.

Would you rather they let the club die? I don't remember any protest when we were spending the money. Everyone was very happy at the money being spent, nobody seemed overly concerned where it was coming from. We were all happy at Yogi being bribed to stay another season with money we didn't have. After he left halfway through the season there was literally no money left to bring in anyone of a similar level, so we got donkeys. Would you rather we went another 500k in debt to bring in another proven manager and some more players. Who would pay for that? You? Soft loans didn't just save the club, it financed a big chunk of the good times. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Who do you think you are owning? Certainly isn't me.

So factually incorrect this post.

When we were in the SPL we were making healthy profits. £1m one of the seasons. The soft loans only built up when we got relegated. It is without doubt we are still suffering from the appointment of Eddie May and some other poor calls over the years following.

Hughes left after the cup final of 2009 and never
left mid season. He wasn’t bribed to stay but got an increased budget. Then Setanta who were funding most clubs went tits up.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whats the chances of Hartley falling out with Petravicious??

About 1/100 if you believe EdiBairn. Soon we'll be playing 11 kids with no one on the bench at the rate Hartley is falling out with players if he's to be believed.

Just seems bizarre that he played fairly often last season and got more game time than players Hartley himself brought in like Blair and Welsh, but all of a sudden he's nowhere to be seen. :huh:

Quite possible Hartley was giving him opportunities to see if he wanted him in his squad this season.

My problem with McKee is, on his debut he was picking up the ball and driving at the Dunfermline defence. We then never really seen him again till the Dundee utd playoffs where he was again positive going forward. Last season he seemed to turn into a slow, defensive mid who passed the ball sideways and didn't create much.

16 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Quite possible Hartley was giving him opportunities to see if he wanted him in his squad this season.

My problem with McKee is, on his debut he was picking up the ball and driving at the Dunfermline defence. We then never really seen him again till the Dundee utd playoffs where he was again positive going forward. Last season he seemed to turn into a slow, defensive mid who passed the ball sideways and didn't create much.

Paul Paton sounds like a perfect replacement for Joe McKee.

To continue my strand of this thread's strange double existence...

Not many people will remember our number 31 on the list.

He netted 33 times, but was horsed out the door when we looked doomed halfway through the 56/57 season. We all know how that transpired.

Bobby Morrison.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

30 to 28.

Three different eras, three no doubt popular players. All on 35 goals. Wilson a N.I. internationalist striker from the early 60's. Brown a winger from 1949-53. And one very familiar to us.

Sammy Wilson

Rory Loy

Jimmy Brown

19 hours ago, TurbineTon said:

Can't see us waiving a fee which we're entitled too.  Hopefully you have paid over the odds. It's about time Falkirk started paying their way. 

Record Sport understands the Greenock club are not due any compensation for the 22-year-old, after his original contract offer was withdrawn by the club.

Going by this we dont have to pay anything although it is the Daily Record.

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:
31 minutes ago, Kyle said:
Paul Paton sounds like a perfect replacement for Joe McKee.

Except Paton gets stuck which and has experience. Two things McKee doesn't and exactly why Paton was brought in

They're different players for me. Mckee isn't and never has been a defensive midfielder like Paton. He's supposed to be much more of a box-to-box player.