The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
4 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:
I heard that he was off to St Johnstone after trialling with us, never heard the outcome though. Looked decent against Airdrie especially the second half.
AV6K2471.JPG.b18f8976e2839f11da11931834837e00.JPG

Is this the boy that played left wing first half and didn't look great but switched to left back in the second half and looked a lot better.

That`s the man.

3 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Kindly go troll someone else.

Would you rather they let the club die? I don't remember any protest when we were spending the money. Everyone was very happy at the money being spent, nobody seemed overly concerned where it was coming from. We were all happy at Yogi being bribed to stay another season with money we didn't have. After he left halfway through the season there was literally no money left to bring in anyone of a similar level, so we got donkeys. Would you rather we went another 500k in debt to bring in another proven manager and some more players. Who would pay for that? You? Soft loans didn't just save the club, it financed a big chunk of the good times. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Who do you think you are owning? Certainly isn't me.

Who left half way through the season? The soft loans paid off the cost of relegation uardly a good chunk of the good times. Up to the crazy fling money at old duds hughes season we had made a profit or broke even in every season we'd spent in the top flight. George Craigs ludicrous next step plan backed by the bod saw our wage bill rocket and our league position plummet. No matter though as hughes moved on and we were recompensed. We had a falkirk side established in the premier playing in europe with an excellent academy and facilities . Surely a very attractive  prospect to numerous experienced managers but no we'll give the job to eddie may. Probably the worst and most serious decision made at the club for many a year. Relegation beckoned helped by the second worst decision giving the job to pressley who managed to take us down when we only needed to win one match after the split against the dregs of the league. Relegated without a fight the bod topped it off by giving pressley the job permanently for our first season down and decided to give him a big budget too which saw us fail to challenge for the title and nearly go out the game.  Oh for a bod like st johnstone or hamilton that actually know what they are doing on and off the field.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Are we being a bit too premature in writing off McKee? I remember in his debut game for us his driving runs. He also seems to be a fairly good striker of the ball from distance.
On the basis of Saturday, ...for f**k sake I know it’s only one game (bored shitless hearing that now), we created pretty much nothing in 90 mins. We need options to create something from open play and at the moment I am not clear who’s going to fill the space left by Sibbs. Normally I would not have been thinking McKee but I do think he’s got potential if a little too inconsistent. Might be decent in the middle with physical players around him to give him some protection.
Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are we being a bit too premature in writing off McKee? I remember in his debut game for us his driving runs. He also seems to be a fairly good striker of the ball from distance.
On the basis of Saturday, ...for f**k sake I know it’s only one game (bored shitless hearing that now), we created pretty much nothing in 90 mins. We need options to create something from open play and at the moment I am not clear who’s going to fill the space left by Sibbs. Normally I would not have been thinking McKee but I do think he’s got potential if a little too inconsistent. Might be decent in the middle with physical players around him to give him some protection.
Any thoughts?

I think he's a decent player, certainly no worse than Paton or TOE. I wonder what could have happened...

I think he's a decent player, certainly no worse than Paton or TOE. I wonder what could have happened...

Please tell me you are not about to claim he’s had a fall out with Hartley? [emoji16]

I just think Hartley wants to bring in his own players and will get rid of pretty much anyone prior to his time irrespective.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Please tell me you are not about to claim he’s had a fall out with Hartley?emoji16.png
I just think Hartley wants to bring in his own players and will get rid of pretty anyone prior to his time irrespective.

Just seems bizarre that he played fairly often last season and got more game time than players Hartley himself brought in like Blair and Welsh, but all of a sudden he's nowhere to be seen. :huh:

Edited by EdiBairn

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Any thoughts?

Don't think we can afford to discount any of the squad, depending on how the new arrivals do. 

Beggars can't be choosers. If he's better than what's playing he needs considered.

Don't think we can afford to discount any of the squad, depending on how the new arrivals do. 
Beggars can't be choosers. If he's better than what's playing he needs considered.

Tend to think that Hartley will continue to trial his own newer signings initially as long as he continues to rate them. If those don’t work out he will then start to consider others.
Although I think Robson was a Hartley signing I wonder if trialling the newer players was foremost in his mind when not playing him too.

No.

Not what we need whatsoever. Soft as putty as to quote Houston and one of the biggest offenders in the first half of last season.

He was also one of the biggest culprits in what I would consider in my top 10 worst Falkirk away performances I have ever witnessed in us losing 3-0 at Dundee United last season. Trying to erase it from my memory but it was 3-0 going on 8 or 9 if it wasn't for Robbie Thomson that day. The team looked defeated and like they couldn't be arsed when they walked on the pitch at the start of the match. Unsurprisingly, all those who started for us that day, bar Muirhead and McGhee, have been binned or are out of the picture, along with 4 of the 6 subs, which is quite something considering it was a game that took place less than a year ago. The level of shitebaggery showed cannot be excused and I will happily never see most of them in a Falkirk shirt ever again.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Joe McKee is fucking shite. He looked good in the BetFred games last year but once the season got going he was nowhere.

He shites out of tackles and I can’t seem to remember any of these ‘driving runs’ last season. He stays behind the ball playing 4 or 5 yards passes sideways without really getting involved in play. An absolute nothing midfielder.

He scored that one free-kick against Dundee Utd 2 seasons ago. That’s it.

No.

Not what we need whatsoever. Soft as putty as to quote Houston and one of the biggest offenders in the first half of last season.

He was also one of the biggest culprits in what I would consider in my top 10 worst Falkirk away performances I have ever witnessed in us losing 3-0 at Dundee United last season. Trying to erase it from my memory but it was 3-0 going on 8 or 9 if it wasn't for Robbie Thomson that day. The team looked defeated and like they couldn't be arsed when they walked on the pitch at the start of the match. Unsurprisingly, all those who started for us that day, bar Muirhead and McGhee, have been binned or are out of the picture, along with 4 of the 6 subs, which is quite something considering it was a game that took place less than a year ago. The level of shitebaggery showed cannot be excused and I will happily never see most of them in a Falkirk shirt ever again.

For the sake of debate I’d also point out that one of McKee’s best performances was in the 2-2 playoff game at Tannadice.

Why pick on McKee in particular? As you said there are two others playing for us that played in that game.

We all pretty much know there were underlying reasons why we played poorly that day and I think, if truth be told, those reasons are now long behind us...

I know we’re talking about McKee here but, we can’t discount anyone? You really don’t think we can to forget about Sheps and Harris?

No.

The team (minus Robbie Thomson) clearly could not give a single f**k that day and it was horrendous.

Watching Aero at left-back was bad but seeing Cameron Blues get absolutely bodied at right-back by Billy King was fucking painful to watch.

23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Just seems bizarre that he played fairly often last season and got more game time than players Hartley himself brought in like Blair and Welsh, but all of a sudden he's nowhere to be seen. :huh:

Unless there is a valid reason for it; a reason which isn't the manager falling out with the player.

These sort of things tend to come out in the end. Let's wait and see what gets said over the coming weeks before jumping to conclusions. Possibly BPM can do some digging and explain it for you.

Joe McKee is fucking shite. He looked good in the BetFred games last year but once the season got going he was nowhere.

He shites out of tackles and I can’t seem to remember any of these ‘driving runs’ last season. He stays behind the ball playing 4 or 5 yards passes sideways without really getting involved in play. An absolute nothing midfielder.

He scored that one free-kick against Dundee Utd 2 seasons ago. That’s it.

He’s actually scored 7 in 31 appearances for us, a number of which were off the bench.

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

I know we’re talking about McKee here but, we can’t discount anyone? You really don’t think we can to forget about Sheps and Harris?

You'd hope it would never come to either of those two to be honest, particularly Harris. 

Aye, it's realistically only McKee who even has a sniff of a shot at being in a squad even.

What happened to that Ciaran Dunne guy ? Didn't think he was awful, all things considered.

25 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

You'd hope it would never come to either of those two to be honest, particularly Harris. 

Aye, it's realistically only McKee who even has a sniff of a shot at being in a squad even.

What happened to that Ciaran Dunne guy ? Didn't think he was awful, all things considered.

Thought he had potential. Sure we sold him to English team?