The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Yes and your reply said Sammut didn't come up to my standard which certainly isn't what I said. If Hartley doesn't fancy him ( which might not be the case) then I see no problem in saying we should punt him.

Obviously if Hartley is going to play him then he won't punt him. 

Tying yourself in knots here, you posted a poor effort.

Move on.

16 hours ago, Russ said:

What an absolute fucking slaver.

The square root of fuk all achieved on Saturday and various inept showings have him on par with Harris and shepherd.

He won't come good and please bookmark this 

Look I'm not saying I don't rate Sammut, I mean how can I he has barely played but my point is I get the feeling Hartley doesn't rate him after another 18 year old coming in from Hearts and going straight into the team ahead of him.
Hartley sees him every day in training so it is concerning he has been dropped so quick. 
I hope in a few months time my posts are brought back up to mock me. :thumsup2

You ‘get the feeling’ that Hartley doesn’t rate him because he was on the bench on Saturday? You do know we can only start 11 players at a time?

The square root of fuk all achieved on Saturday and various inept showings have him on par with Harris and shepherd.
He won't come good and please bookmark this 

So 1 poor game and that’s it confirmed that he’s shite aye?

FWIW he wasn’t ‘inept’ at all in the BetFred games. He’s extremely raw and has zero positional sense. However he’s decent in the air, got plenty pace to burn and is capable of putting decent balls into the box. He’s definitely a confidence and project player.

He might well turn out to be shite, just like any signing could, but to state that after 1 league game and a few kickabouts is absolutely pathetic.

We were beaten on Saturday but not by much. If the goal we scored was rightly given it would have been different. This was against a team that finished very strongly last season and have a settled side.
Positives were there on Saturday.
Thought Harrison was better than I expected
TOE and Irvine played well
Haber showed a lot of good signs but needs a player to get his knockdowns
Greenwood looked lively when he came on and is not up to speed yet
All in all good signs but bad result.
Prior to the season starting people were saying we need the players to gel. Now 1 ( yes 90mins) game in it’s a case of sack Hartley and bring back the Academy. Before the academy was ditched I constantly asked the fanatics who watch their games who was ready to step up. My answer from these people was always “ nobody is ready”. Not much loss there then.
Patience lads patience

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

You ‘get the feeling’ that Hartley doesn’t rate him because he was on the bench on Saturday? You do know we can only start 11 players at a time?

or on Edibairns logic the fact Froxylias wasnt on the bench as was some others ALL the players have fell out with Hartley

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

or on Edibairns logic the fact Froxylias wasnt on the bench as was some others ALL the players have fell out with Hartley

SACK HARTLEY HE HAS LOST THE TEAM!!

In before anyone else.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Only people I've seem actually bemoaning the closure of the Academy are a couple of people on here and a few parents in the Herald giving it their best "upset Daily Mail" faces.

What a disgraceful, ignorant comment that is.  You're trolling I presume.

The academy,  the only part of the club (along with the support) which has pulled its weight over the past decade. The products of which have enabled the club to take in well over seven figures, not that we have had any benefit from it , beyond those so desperate for the repayment of their "soft"loans.  A product of which provided a significant six-figure payment last summer simply by moving from one English club to another. Yep, I am delighted at their far-sighted decision  to close it and that kids and their parents had to find out about its closure through a report in the national media. What a proud day that was. And without it, we might not have been in a position to sign Turner, Brough, Harrison, Petra and the rest of the obscure cast we are now relying on. What's not to like?

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What a disgraceful, ignorant comment that is.  You're trolling I presume.

The academy,  the only part of the club (along with the support) which has pulled its weight over the past decade. The products of which have enabled the club to take in well over seven figures, not that we have had any benefit from it , beyond those so desperate for the repayment of their "soft"loans.  A product of which provided a significant six-figure payment last summer simply by moving from one English club to another. Yep, I am delighted at their far-sighted decision  to close it and that kids and their parents had to find out about its closure through a report in the national media. What a proud day that was. And without it, we might not have been in a position to sign Turner, Brough, Harrison, Petra and the rest of the obscure cast we are now relying on. What's not to like?

Pretty much everything you mentioned there are players that moved, what, 2, 3 , 4 seasons ago? Other than the frankly bizarre Gallacher to Liverpool transfer, it was patently obvious to anyone not affected by nostalgia that the players coming through had dried up. Last couple of seasons,  who had looked like making any sort of claim to a place in the first team?  Gallacher? He wasn't even in the team when he was sold.

I'll sit here and wait, shall I?

I'll save you the bother, last genuine players we sold that had come through the Academy were McGrandles and Kingsley, for a shade over 1.3 million, which was excellent. As you say, that money went to replay the loans that were given to keep the club afloat. You can argue that was a waste if you want, most people would want that kind of money back when it's available.

After that? Ryan Blair and Botti Biabi, which is scraping the barrel a bit. Nothing since then, which is exactly why the academy was closed.  You could either keep the academy open, and reduce the playing budget by 100-200k, or close the academy and keep the budget. Given that, would you have kept the Academy open?

Edited by DeeBairn

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watched that goal again on Falkirk TV and I am at a loss as to why McLean has disallowed it. 

I wish I was joking when I say because 3 Inverness players surrounded him and told him it was a foul.

Genuinely.

Guest Back Post Misses
So after 1 (one) league game you are writing the season off and willing to bet we have failed already? This is next level for you BPM. 
We are only 3 points off first place. 

5 games and as we are I have seen nothing to think we will challenge.

And to repeat 100% I hope I am wrong

There are some of us here who are trying to measure our performance on the basis of the parameters that were set preseason by Hartley and the Board, and because we state that week one was a poor start, which is undisputable and we are concerned, we have a number complaining that we need to give them time. That’s fine, we’ve already given up the League Cup, and a three point start on our competitors.

However I am curious what the expectations are for this season from those that are saying so?

Will you be happy with a scrambled fourth place and being bumped out of the playoffs or don’t you want to see our club progress given the potential ensuing mess failure will almost certainly mean for the club?

We’ve staked a lot on success this season. Failure really is not an option.

Guest Back Post Misses
Any names Shodwall?
I didn't attend FVFA games so I don't know anything about the U15 and U17 sides. However, there were a few boys who were sometimes promoted into our U20s to either make up the numbers, or get a taster of a higher level. None of them stood out for me. I don't recall any getting into Scotland U17 teams for quite some time either. 
That's not a dig; I simply don't know enough about that level to comment on their potential.
However, there have been a few folk online since the academy closed, like yourself, telling us how good the kids we discarded were. I'm really curious to see who they were and how they turn out. If one of them signs for the Old  Firm and turns out to be the next big thing them I'm sure  there will be a number of "told you so" posts from those were involved with the academy.
Who should we be looking out for?  

Jamie Maxwell at Rangers
Kieran Offord at St.Mirren
Lucas Williamson at Rangers
Kerr Robertson at Rangers
Jack Hodge at Hibs
Dominic Lavell at St.Mirren (was with Falkirk from 9 and is from Clydebank
Kenzie Nair at Hearts
Adam Laidlaw at Hearts

Hearts took around 6 players, St.Johnstone 12.

That enough for your tracker? [emoji6]

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

There are some of us here who are trying to measure our performance on the basis of the parameters that were set preseason by Hartley and the Board, and because we state that week one was a poor start, which is undisputable and we are concerned, we have a number complaining that we need to give them time. That’s fine, we’ve already given up the League Cup, and a three point start on our competitors.
However I am curious what the expectations are for this season from those that are saying so?
Will you be happy with a scrambled fourth place and being bumped out of the playoffs or don’t you want to see our club progress given the potential ensuing mess failure will almost certainly mean for the club?

In all honesty @roman_bairn after last year, yes. I think we've all been sold a bit of a pup with the talk of budgets. With the end of the academy, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the overall spend has gone down or remained even, so I'm not expecting financial doom if we don't go up. But that's me guessing, just like everyone else is. As far as Hartleys stated goals, has there ever been a manager that hasn't said we wouldn't be going up? Would we hang one on sight that said "no, we will finish fifth at best"? I think we probably would, to be honest.

Remember, this wasn't extra money, this was money diverted from the closure of the academy. No net increase on borrowing as fra as anyone has been made aware of.

A playoff berth after last season, and the volume of players that have come in would be an achievement and people can argue otherwise all they want. It is what it is. I'd love to win the league, but we wont. It's as simple as that. Playoffs are doable, but we need to start rolling over the next five or so games and that means picking a settled team and formation.

Over to Hartley. 

14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I wish I was joking when I say because 3 Inverness players surrounded him and told him it was a foul.

Genuinely.

Well that's evidently nonsense just by looking at the highlights, he gives a foul straight away before any Inverness player gets near to him. 

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We’ve staked a lot on success this season. Failure really is not an option.

Anything better than 8th is a start and progression as far as things go folk moaned about us being bullied off the ball last season we have signed  more physical players (Dallison and Harrison) and we still moan, folk go on about dropping the tippy tappy p*sh so we try to win ugly by punting long balls folk moan at that, wanted players that can show a bit of hunger and desire with a point to prove (TOE, Turner, Lewis) we done that still moaning, wanted players that werent over the hill and looking for a final wage we done that by signing the young lads still moaning, wanted an experienced players in midfield and up front ala Paton and Haber still moaning

So basically what your looking for a Man Utd/Barca/Real/Juventus first team thats going to win week in wek out not have to do any tweaking and can predict the line up weekly 

The academy was closed to save a bit of cash it MIGHT start up again in the future should we get promoted but for us to be the only championship club with an academy to fund without the likes of OF paydays or the Edinburgh teams to bring the numbers through the gates 

Until he shipped players out last season we didnt win till  Christmas and started bringing his own in we were 9 points behind Dumbarton which we managed to over take and were unlucky not to finish a bit higher so am confident in PH ability to get it together he even said himself rebuilding teams is what he is good at give it a bit of time not day 1 on the first game of the season.

Edited by AL-FFC