The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

We were sitting 9th and about 9 points behind 8th. If we make the playoffs it's obviously an improvement. This league is going to be extremely tight, sheps talking as if no other team has added to their squad and been given goals to achieve and like it's Hartley's to lose. 

I got to admit if i didn't know any better and i don't Edibairn is either Sheps or someone who really really hates Hartley or quite possibly both.

It would take a failure of epic proportions for us to f**k the league up as much as last season, mid table or better for us i reckon which is still an improvement on last season, though i do think someone that has been touted as a favourite to win the league is going to do a  Falkirk and be in the relegation zone most of the season (Dundee Utd possibly).

Guest Back Post Misses
Hartley has been backed to the hilt this season by the BoD and has had complete control to experiment as he wishes so for me there should be no excuses this season.  
Anything less than promotion or falling just short should and would result in dismissal IMO. 

Backed in what way? Allowed to sign players? Certainly not a budget that is any bigger.

A lot depends on how we play this season. If we're utterly fucking pish to watch Hartley might well be emptied.

If we lose out in the playoffs or don't even make them but play some decent stuff I'm fine with him getting another season if he wants it.

If you ignore Ayr, QoS, Alloa, Morton 

Two of DU, County, ICT, Mutants, Thistle and us aren't making the playoffs or winning the league. 

Not sure why we'd be expected to be any better than the above teams. Reaching the playoffs would be a decent effort with a completely new squad cobbled together.

No that such what ifs matter anyway, as we're going to Ron Jeremy this league

Edited by Bairn Necessities

We didn't even make the play offs in Houston's first season and his job wasnt under threat.
If we can see improvement this season then that's good enough for me. The club's new strategy needs time, as said in earlier posts not every signing will be a success but we need to build on the decent signings.
Hartley shouldn't and won't be sacked if we finish 5th never mind bloody 2nd.

Just playing devil’s advocate here as I’m not saying 5th would see Hartley sacked but Houston keeping his job after season 1 was probably to do with him very nearly leading us to a Scottish cup win that season.

Back to football though, it's going to be a good day, one way or another. We'll either beat independent Caley jaggie thistle or whatever they're called and be three points better off, or we'll get humored and be a step closer to finding out what we still have to do. 

Obviously, would prefer it to be the former, but at this stahe any kind of progress is welcome. 

Waiting for the team lists is giving me a chubby. Regretting wearing shorts to work. 

Getting worried with Brough 8njured and Greenwood not match fit that we could be seeing a 3 man defence. Make it not so, please. 

Waiting for the team lists is giving me a chubby. Regretting wearing shorts to work. 

Getting worried with Brough 8njured and Greenwood not match fit that we could be seeing a 3 man defence. Make it not so, please. 

Greenwood is a left winger [emoji848]

10 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Robson should slot in at left back.

19 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Greenwood is a left winger emoji848.png

Aye, I know. But if we replace Brough with Robson, who do we shoehorn left wing if Greenwood doesn't start? And if we play Robson left wing, how do we line up in defence?