The Falkirk FC Thread

I was digging around on Irving to see what I could dig up, when I came across this the article from the Edinburgh Evening news....
"The 18-year-old will play with Paul Hartley's Championship side until January 2019, at which point the situation will be reviewed. He can also appear for the Hearts reserve team during his loan spell."
I find it bizarre that he might be playing reserve games for hearts as well unless he's not expected to feature much for us?  
I am sure if he can find his way into our team Levein will be happy enough to leave him to it. If he goes weeks without any appearances though its in Hearts and our best interests that he plays football.

3 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I was digging around on Irving to see what I could dig up, when I came across this the article from the Edinburgh Evening news....

"The 18-year-old will play with Paul Hartley's Championship side until January 2019, at which point the situation will be reviewed. He can also appear for the Hearts reserve team during his loan spell."

I find it bizarre that he might be playing reserve games for hearts as well unless he's not expected to feature much for us?  

O Hara and Shepherd often played in our U20s when they were on loan elsewhere. I think it's a fairly standard arrangement amongst clubs.

The fact that he's available for reserve duty with Hearts doesn't mean that he'll be playing every week though. Reserve league games will be on a Monday this year, so I doubt he'd play for them two days after playing for our first team. I suspect the coaching staff at both clubs will be talking regularly to make sure he's looked after and not burned out.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I am sure if he can find his way into our team Levein will be happy enough to leave him to it. If he goes weeks without any appearances though its in Hearts and our best interests that he plays football.

Beat me to it ya bugger!

Its the new ruling on the reserve league if a player is loaned out to another club he can still feature for his parent club reserves, t he only problem i have with it is if he is injured playing in a Hearts reserve game its Falkirk that dip out especially if we are doing well in the league and he is playing well for us.  It would be different if he was injured in league duty for us.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its the new ruling on the reserve league if a player is loaned out to another club he can still feature for his parent club reserves, t he only problem i have with it is if he is injured playing in a Hearts reserve game its Falkirk that dip out especially if we are doing well in the league and he is playing well for us.  It would be different if he was injured in league duty for us.

If he’s playing well for us I doubt he’ll play for hearts reserves.

I think we have potential in our squad. The problem is if a few of our players take a bit of time to come to fruition, a bit like Leahy and Vaulks did. I personally think it maybe another year until we see our squad full propel to the next level. Would love it to be sooner but having some realism here. TOE I think will be a player as will Lewis, Dallison and Brough.

18 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I think we have potential in our squad. The problem is if a few of our players take a bit of time to come to fruition, a bit like Leahy and Vaulks did. I personally think it maybe another year until we see our squad full propel to the next level. Would love it to be sooner but having some realism here. TOE I think will be a player as will Lewis, Dallison and Brough.

I was thinking the same thing. Given that even if PH has had a good summer, 4 or 5 of the signings will be duds or bang average, this might be a two season job. Spend next summer ditching the failures and building on a spine of the successes. 

Hartley has been backed to the hilt this season by the BoD and has had complete control to experiment as he wishes so for me there should be no excuses this season.  

Anything less than promotion or falling just short should and would result in dismissal IMO. 

Edited by EdiBairn

Seem to be a lot of folk talking like Hartley is just going to passively accept it if folk turn out to be shite or not up to scratch.

Like everyone else I really cant say how its going to go but there seems to be a rather odd thing going on where folk think Saturday is the be all and end all.

Hartley showed last season he will adapt to what is required at the time. He has also been true to his word on almost everything he has said.

Seem to be a lot of folk talking like Hartley is just going to passively accept it if folk turn out to be shite or not up to scratch.

Like everyone else I really cant say how its going to go but there seems to be a rather odd thing going on where folk think Saturday is the be all and end all.

Hartley showed last season he will adapt to what is required at the time. He has also been true to his word on almost everything he has said.

Agreed.

I want it to work so badly for Hartley but if he doesn’t for whatever reason, he would go with my blessing for trying something different to get us up.

Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that.

44 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Hartley has been backed to the hilt this season by the BoD and has had complete control to experiment as he wishes so for me there should be no excuses this season.  

Anything less than promotion or falling just short should and would result in dismissal IMO. 

Hartley won't be dismissed if we finish 2nd and fail in the play offs.

Anyone that thinks he should, should f**k right off! :thumsup2

13 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Hartley won't be dismissed if we finish 2nd and fail in the play offs.

Anyone that thinks he should, should f**k right off! :thumsup2

As I said, it depends on how close to we get. If we finish far behind first and get beat in the semi playoffs, that's no better than Houston and so he has to go for me.

A lot of people are saying 'but we've signed 15 players' and 'they don't know Scottish football' as if Hartley had nothing to do with it.

I admire his innovation and am more than happy to give him a chance but ultimately it was his choice to completely change the team and his choice of which players to sign, so he has to take the consequences(or credit) for that.

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

As I said, it depends on how close to we get. If we finish far behind first and get beat in the semi playoffs, that's no better than Houston and so he has to go for me.

A lot of people are saying 'but we've signed 15 players' and 'they don't know Scottish football' as if Hartley had nothing to do with it.

I admire his innovation and am more than happy to give him a chance but ultimately it was his choice to completely change the team and his choice of which players to sign, so he has to take the consequences(or credit) for that.

Houston didn't go because we finished a distant 2nd though.

4 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Houston didn't go because we finished a distant 2nd though.

Houston did t go when we finished a distant fourth. It took sitting eight before Houston was pumped. There was a lot of talk about winning the league this year from the board immediately after the season ended. I'm putting that down to them trying to save their own jobs. If we are improved on last season and challenging in every game, then that's a base to build on. They certainly won't sack Hartley then have to replace him with someone who won't fancy any of the players. 

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Houston did t go when we finished a distant fourth. It took sitting eight before Houston was pumped. There was a lot of talk about winning the league this year from the board immediately after the season ended. I'm putting that down to them trying to save their own jobs. If we are improved on last season and challenging in every game, then that's a base to build on. They certainly won't sack Hartley then have to replace him with someone who won't fancy any of the players. 

We didn't even make the play offs in Houston's first season and his job wasnt under threat.

If we can see improvement this season then that's good enough for me. The club's new strategy needs time, as said in earlier posts not every signing will be a success but we need to build on the decent signings.

Hartley shouldn't and won't be sacked if we finish 5th never mind bloody 2nd.

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

We were sitting 9th and about 9 points behind 8th. If we make the playoffs it's obviously an improvement. This league is going to be extremely tight, sheps talking as if no other team has added to their squad and been given goals to achieve and like it's Hartley's to lose.