The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Shit was it? I just remember him ripping Sevco. Maybe that was his first start. 

Or more likely I'm talking pash.

Sure it was Queens yeah.

Think he started the 1-1 verus Hibs the week before that too. Sorry Bairn Necessities - Just got a good memory. Don't know if the Hibs one was his first start, though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35014237

11 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Sure it was Queens yeah.

Think he started the 1-1 verus Hibs the week before that too. Sorry Bairn Necessities - Just got a good memory. Don't know if the Hibs one was his first start, though.

f**k.. need Edi_Shepps to take the heat from me here with some tales of his loan spell last year..

Edited by Bairn Necessities

TBF his stats at Edinburgh City arent too bad its a start level and from there can progress maybe he could step up in the future but at the moment at FFC as far as Strikers goes he's a passenger.  In the pre season games last year from what i seen positionally he is poor and i think thats where the difference between him and O hara is Sheps choses the poor positions where as far as positioning goes O Hara is a step up its just is finishing that lets him down (John Baird Mk 2 but without the scoring record)

See, this worries me -

Hamilton Accies captain Darian MacKinnon has been pulling out of tackles in training as he warned the club's new signings from under-23 football in England to man up from the "tippy tappy stuff" they've been playing down south. (Evening Times)

I worry that Sammut, TOE and the like will just be blown away in a competitive match. They've not looked too clever physically so far against dross

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Sure it was Queens yeah.

O`Hara`s debut was definitely at Palmerston in April 2015....0-1

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

See, this worries me -

I worry that Sammut, TOE and the like will just be blown away in a competitive match. They've not looked too clever physically so far against dross

We should have lined up friendlies against the likes of Clyde so they can get used to the way it is up here

25 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

We should have lined up friendlies against the likes of Clyde so they can get used to the way it is up here

I'm sure Hartley has been going through them in training. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Seems odd to criticise the signing. The lad has more footballing experience than Sammut, and lets face it, theres as much chance of him turning out our best signing as our worst. We just dont know.

Warming to it nicely here.

Don’t think people are questioning the signing per say just that we are really lacking in experience and this lad does not give us that.

He may well turn into a very good signing. Time will tell

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t think people are questioning the signing per say just that we are really lacking in experience and this lad does not give us that.

I suppose it depends on exactly what Hartley's looking for.

I had a wee look at the ages of our first team squad - all are in their twenties apart from Paton, Irving and O' Hara. And Kev will be 20 in less than a fortnight.

You're right in that most of our summer recruits don't have a lot of experience though.

The players that do come into the "Houston-type journeymen that many fans don't like" category - Kidd at 24, McKee at 25, Aero at 27, and Froxy at 25. I guess decent experienced players might be outwith our wage bracket, which means either bringing in more Tom Taiwos / Paul Watsons / Sean Welshes or spending big money on a Rory Loy.

Given that a lack of experience didn't seem to hinder Robson, Nelson or Jakubiak I'm hopeful the same will happen here.

As you said, time will tell.

See, this worries me -

Hamilton Accies captain Darian MacKinnon has been pulling out of tackles in training as he warned the club's new signings from under-23 football in England to man up from the "tippy tappy stuff" they've been playing down south. (Evening Times)

Fair enough Sammut I think it’s clear for all to see that he ain’t used to men’s football, but TOE has been playing in the first team down at Newport and there is definitely a fair few bruisers in that league.

Surely when the scout has identified / Hartley has signed these players, they will have been aware of the difference in physicality between previous level and the Scottish championship - therefore they will have considered not only the players physicality and ball skills, but also their temperament and ability to adapt to a new style and level of physicality?  Adapting straight away is too much to ask, but I doubt these players have been signed without considerations of the requirements and the fact they were still signed, shows Hartley/Scout believes they have what is required to make the transition successful.

‪FWIW, how I reckon we’ll line up on Saturday.‬

‪Fasan‬
‪McGhee‬
‪Muirhead‬
‪Dallison‬
‪Brough‬
‪Petravičius‬
‪Paton‬
‪Summut‬
‪Owen-Evans‬
‪Haber‬
‪Mackin‬