The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

4 days until the start of the new season. You can only go 4 days without water or you die but we've just survived 94 days without competitive football!

"But what about the cup games?" I can hear someone shouting in the distance. 

Can't wait to get the league underway and we can all start complaining properly again. 

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Have you supplied goods or services to DAFC? If you have, your request will probably be granted 

I've paid GBP to get into EEP so technically I have, I suppose.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:35, HopeStreetWalker said:

You are right, got the 2 games mixed up. The Aberdeen game was another great midweek game in the Cunningham era. As I remember it was nil - nil at half time and that gang of cynical cheats were keeping up the tradition. Falkirk kicked off the second half and the ball was played back to George Millar in the 18 yard box. Not one Falkirk player went into the Aberdeen half but that bunch of whinging cheats all ran to the half way line with their arms up claiming offside. Unfortunately for them when Miller chipped the ball into the middle of the Aberdeen half  John Markie who was standing beside him took off. He was 3 yards past them when the ball came over. Markie ran onto it and Clark the goalie puller off a great save only for Tiger McLaughlin to score from the rebound. Aberdeen lost the plot and ran around trying to get players booked and complain about every shy , by kick and corner. Some things never change even after 48 years that mob are still worth despising.  Tactical masterclass from the best manager we ever had. The Willie Cunningham era were halcyon days indeed.

This was the era that got me hooked. The atmosphere was electric and as a small boy of nine I had never experienced anything like it at a match, and haven't since. I donated a programme to the club that was signed by the whole team in a match against Bobby Collin's Morton in 1971 - I had kept it as a prized possession since then. I can still hear the noise when Fergie bundled in the equaliser against Rangers in a Scottish Cup match at Brockville. I think it was 2-2.

57 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
I've paid GBP to get into EEP so technically I have, I suppose.

Take comfort in the fact we won't use it to pay any suppliers or creditors.

As long as it's the good people of Fife you are screwing, I'm fine with that x

We must have a large squad now.
Just hope there are plans afoot to dispose of McKee, Shepherd and Harris.
Apart from the cost involved, it must be difficult to keep all these guys happy.
Sheps is happy enough filling his time posting on P&B