The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

What a wonderful memory - if I recall correctly a balmy Monday evening too

My abiding memory is the Super Simon cross for Sammy to score the second - pure class as he used outside of right foot going down left wing when he could have easily used his left foot 

That was brilliant, great header from Sammy, but Stainrod's chip from the edge of the box was something special.

Andy Gray getting dogs abuse from the Hope Street as he made his way round the park to the commentary box in the shed I recall vividly as well.

What a wonderful memory - if I recall correctly a balmy Monday evening too
My abiding memory is the Super Simon cross for Sammy to score the second - pure class as he used outside of right foot going down left wing when he could have easily used his left foot 

Fantastic memories, was fortunate enough to have the perfect view of God’s chip and Sammy’s headed goal as Hope Street Ball Boy that night!

Unfortunately never got to fully experience Brockville. I was only a baby when I went to the last game there. I’m stuck watching part time fans and a half filled stadium with a team of half-okay players against part-timers... [emoji24][emoji24]

My first season as a kid was the 2002/2003 league winning season and I was hooked from there.

But I think that’s a bit unfair mate. As good as a Brockville was, there have been some really great days at the new ground as well.

But I think that’s a bit unfair mate. As good as a Brockville was, there have been some really great days at the new ground as well.

Yeah, I guess there has been. The last few years have been an emotional rollercoaster. Just looked a lot easier back then - having a good team and winning the league...

3 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

That video I posted above was a capacity crowd of 13000 at Brockville. I can still remember the sound of a boys ribs cracking behind the goals at the home end against a barrier. 

Those were certainly some days. 

Crowd was 7116.

Our biggest crowd that season was 10,478 v Partick in the cup. Biggest in the league was 9232 v Dundee. Away attendances v Airdrie were 5000 and 8200.

I think they just felt bigger to those of us that were there...

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Agree Harry but I always thought it was on BSB before they were bought over by Sky. Mind the old Squarial ?? I’ve learned tonight that it was on Sky.!
We has a brilliant team then. What I would give for a player like Gunner McWilliams now.

Were Blue Were White we’re on the satellite Falkirk Bairns Falkirk Bairns
I remember it well!

I remember how astonished I was when I read our record crowd at Brockville was over 21,000.

I've stood in crowds of 7,000 and 8,000 and it felt like you couldn't move. God knows what it must have felt like with three times that amount.

Whaurs Haber?
If this rumour has only came from the Daily Rag then there is a high possibility it won't happen. You can see there thought process

Hartley looking for 2 more signings

Haber looking for a new club

Hartley signed Haber at Dundee

Sprinkle some magic dust

**Haber to sign for Falkirk**

1 hour ago, JB22 said:

Aberdeen beating premier league side Burnley 1-0.

Aberdeen beat us 1-0.

= Falkirk, Premier League quality

What are yous worried about?

Irrefutable logic showing our obvious EPL quality. 

All in all a good night for scottish sides in Europe, even if Hibs do love to make things difficult.

19 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Irrefutable logic showing our obvious EPL quality. 

All in all a good night for scottish sides in Europe, even if Hibs do love to make things difficult.

I'm not enjoying watching this new Hibs. Results like this is the exact opposite of the Hibsing it I enjoyed for such a long time.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Crowd was 7116.

Our biggest crowd that season was 10,478 v Partick in the cup. Biggest in the league was 9232 v Partick. Away attendances v Airdrie were 5000 and 8200.

I think they just felt bigger to those of us that were there...

Your quite right too, I was off on a YouTube loop. Was some other game, I think against Airdrie in the cup a few years earlier when they had Coyle upfront. 

I remember how astonished I was when I read our record crowd at Brockville was over 21,000.
I've stood in crowds of 7,000 and 8,000 and it felt like you couldn't move. God knows what it must have felt like with three times that amount.

I remember a Hearts game and a Rangers game when people had to be taken out of the terraces and put on the track because of the crushes. Long before Hillsborough

10 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

That was brilliant, great header from Sammy, but Stainrod's chip from the edge of the box was something special.

Andy Gray getting dogs abuse from the Hope Street as he made his way round the park to the commentary box in the shed I recall vividly as well.

It was Jimmy Nicholl was it  no that got the dogs abuse as he was managing Raith at the time. Andy Gray and sky sports didnt start till 92. This was b sky b.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Back Post Misses
the kitman leaving was nothing to do with cost cutting and wasn't part of any strategy

Of course it wasn't, we will see if he is replaced by a paid employee or volunteer