The Falkirk FC Thread

Just watched Haber on Youtube, an awkward big unit with a crap goal celebration  -  fortunately / unfortunately I don't think that we will see it much more than 8 - 10 times a season. A downgrade on what Nelson was towards the end of his time with us.

Glad one of us has watched him on YouTube, the hub of finding out whether a player is actually good or not.

Quick, Don Hartley if you’re reading this, DON’T SIGN HIM. HE’S PISH ON YOUTUBE.

4 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Marcus Haber

Tattoo Sleeve - check
Beard - check
Greasy Slicked hair - check
Make Bairnardo moist - check

Sign a player from your previous managed club - check

surprised its took him so long, that's what managers do

47 minutes ago, Trump said:

Glad one of us has watched him on YouTube, the hub of finding out whether a player is actually good or not.

Quick, Don Hartley if you’re reading this, DON’T SIGN HIM. HE’S PISH ON YOUTUBE.

Please forgive me. Of course, what I should have done was fly back to the UK, stay for a few weeks to let me go up to Dundee to watch Haber playing for Dundee reserves  before I'm allowed to pass judgement on him. I'll bear that in mind before I post anything in the future.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Just watched Haber on Youtube, an awkward big unit with a crap goal celebration  -  fortunately / unfortunately I don't think that we will see it much more than 8 - 10 times a season. A downgrade on what Nelson was towards the end of his time with us.

This is why you don't earn your living as a football scout.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sign a player from your previous managed club - check

surprised its took him so long, that's what managers do

But Hartley only signs midget midfielders that’s what Dundee fans told us.

Disagree. Different type of striker to Nelson.

This lad is a big unit that will get most of his goals due to getting on the end of crosses or using his strength to get a shot away.

Nelson will get most of his having gotten played through or being being in the right spot in the 6yrd box.

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Disagree. Different type of striker to Nelson.

This lad is a big unit that will get most of his goals due to getting on the end of crosses or using his strength to get a shot away.

Nelson will get most of his having gotten played through or being being in the right spot in the 6yrd box.

Yes, of course, different types of players, I just think that Nelson fits in better to the style of play that Hartley has us playing, Haber would be more of a target man for balls lumped from the back, we already have Mackin for that, maybe? Perhaps Hartley's idea is to have Haber here for the season to pass on tips to Mackin to make him a better player?

17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, of course, different types of players, I just think that Nelson fits in better to the style of play that Hartley has us playing, Haber would be more of a target man for balls lumped from the back, we already have Mackin for that, maybe? Perhaps Hartley's idea is to have Haber here for the season to pass on tips to Mackin to make him a better player?

Or indeed, a target man for crosses coming in from both wings?

Hartley may plan on using Lewis as a winger.  I'm sure he said in an FTV interview that he used to play there and thats his preferred position.

I can't imagine mackin playing as the sole striker, but going by the video Haber might be able to.

The difference for me is that Haber is a proven goalscorer at a higher level than us whereas Nelson only really performed well for us over a very short period. Whether he could repeat that without Sibbald and Longridge's creativity is also another question.

Edited by EdiBairn

I don't give a shit how he runs or celebrates, what I have seen from the video is a big guy who knows how to turn and out a shot in target, and that's something we simply don't have. Lewis would do well playing off his shoulder. 

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I don't give a shit how he runs or celebrates, what I have seen from the video is a big guy who knows how to turn and out a shot in target, and that's something we simply don't have. Lewis would do well playing off his shoulder. 

Ayr had a player like that in Kevin Kyle a few years back. If used correctly, could be a great attacking asset for your club :-) 

Scares defenders having a tall attacking player run at them. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

16 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ayr had a player like that in Kevin Kyle a few years back. If used correctly, could be a great attacking asset for your club :-) 

Scares defenders having a tall attacking player run at them. 

I remember Kyle. Architype of what a big centre half should be. 

Assuming we get Haber on loan, we will do well to get the ball in from wide and in about the defence feet. Either to Lewis or Haber himself. Keep them guess g where it's coming from. 

Think the plan is having us able to change our style if required. If we are a goal down after an hour you will hear the fans shout change it. Very often we have had the same type of players on-the-go bench so changing the style is impossible. That's why we have struggled against some of the part time teams. They know how to cope with our game. Making changes to our style and trying something different is the way to break these team down. Good shopping Mr H

10 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I remember Kyle. Architype of what a big centre half should be. 

Assuming we get Haber on loan, we will do well to get the ball in from wide and in about the defence feet. Either to Lewis or Haber himself. Keep them guess g where it's coming from. 

Play Lewis in front and Haber in behind.