The Falkirk FC Thread

without seeing how he plays, 11 goals in 38  appearances for Dundee in the Premiership is a decent record. Up against Championship defenders and play to his strengths, you would assume he could get 15 -20 goals...plus it was Hartley who signed him at Dundee so knows his strengths and weaknesses.

you know with Mackin only being 21...he could be seen as the backup/one for the future to a guy like Haber...its alot of pressure on a 21 year old to lead the line.

just watched probably the same video...he does look decent, hope his injury didnt set him back too much

you know with Mackin only being 21...he could be seen as the backup/one for the future to a guy like Haber...its alot of pressure on a 21 year old to lead the line.
just watched probably the same video...he does look decent, hope his injury didnt set him back too much

It also gives you the option of playing Haber and Mackin together if your needing to bully defenses. I said the other day that Nelson and Mackin together would hassle defenses and the same applies here.

If the Haber deal is true then I think that spells the end of the Nelson rumour

Haber would be an excellent signing for this league. Again though why did we sign Mackin?  Lewis, turner, o'hara, haber  to me would have been more than enough this season. Cash used to buy Mackin could have been used in other areas surely.

Is Mackin number 21? He looked absolutely useless on Tuesday night, any experienced defender will control him fairly easily really. 

Haber a much better player, but he'll he'll only play well when he's scoring, shell balls up the channels and he'll just stand and stare. He's not even close to being someone who'll bother in training either. 

I think a lot of Dundee fans have rewritten history about Haber tbh. He's been one of the most effective forwards I've seen Dundee have in my lifetime and I don't actually think he's had many bad performances (although since he's not been playing, people seem to remember him as this atrocious unfit forward which is far from the truth).

Going into the 16/17 season, Hartley massively fucked up his recruitment and couldn't come close to replacing the huge talents in Hemmings, Stewart and even Harkins. As a result, we were pretty hopeless in all departments and things really looked quite dire. Haber was signed as a late emergency and there weren't really any high hopes for a guy who couldn't seem to win a deal anywhere. The impact he had was transformational and suddenly, we were able to just boot the ball to him and take a massive burden off the defence - despite joining in the last week of October, he won more headers in the air than any other forward in the league and was effective in almost every game he played in. The one match he missed that season was a 7-0 home defeat to Aberdeen and make no mistake about it, he was a noticeable major loss on that game and you could really see the difference a player like him could even make on the defensive side of the game and how his hold up play was papering over cracks.

His style of play appears pretty lackadaisical and this is something which McCann doesn't really like as a manager as he wants the whole team pressing from the front. He had a little go at him in the press (which he does a fair bit at certain players) and he come back and put in an outstanding performance and was actually very good during the first few games and impressed particularly in a Derby win. During the first few weeks, he took a pretty bad knee injury and his season was then stop and start with him coming to our aid a few times (with great performances at Hibs and St Johnstone when he come in from injury) but then was just not right at all when he made cameos after the new year (and it didn't help as well that we were playing like shitebags around him).

He's got his injury record which is pretty appalling wherever he's been but I do think our manager is potentially making a big mistake letting a tool as effective as he is walk out the door. I see that there's a bit of scepticism due to already having Mackin (who I haven't seen play) but what I would say is that you are signing a player who provides you perhaps the most aerial presence of any player in the country and generally a brilliant target man. Even a broken Haber who couldn't give a f**k and is 20% fit is better than a lot of players who have made careers as target men in the top two leagues.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The term oh ffs is apt in regards to this twiiter comment:
image.thumb.jpeg.4169ab38a3e88ba5a7b20b0111a66e17.jpeg

He is either got issues or he is a troll...looking at who he is following, doesnt appear to be any family members an following a few random people...probably a fifer having a laugh

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Said from the day he signed Mackin doesn’t look like a player. Fair enough he has time on his side but he just looks like he would be suited in the juniors or league two. Haber, Lewis and Nelson would be a dream.

Did Mackin not only sign up for one year too? Not exactly one for the future and why pay cash for someone and then give them a one year deal. Strange.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Marcus Haber then...

Just watched Haber on Youtube, an awkward big unit with a crap goal celebration  -  fortunately / unfortunately I don't think that we will see it much more than 8 - 10 times a season. A downgrade on what Nelson was towards the end of his time with us.