The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Good to see us sign a winger. Team has more balance to it now. 

Not sure about Turner or Mackin yet so another striker will do nicely.

Mackin will do just fine if he's getting crosses in from both wings and someone alongside him. 

47 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone else have a suspicion that Dawson Park Boy is actually UKIP follower and general right wing walloper Dixie Chicken from OneF?

Yes that thought struck me earlier.

If there's a 1% chance that utter gimp is on here then I beg Div to nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

17 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes that thought struck me earlier.

If there's a 1% chance that utter gimp is on here then I beg Div to nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Can I get my tenner sub back first?

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing we are looking into the possibility of signings two scottish players on loan from lower league English teams.

Nicky Devlin from Walsall for right back, and Brian Graham from Cheltenham for a centre forward.

But it will rely on Harris and McKee at least getting punted.

Two reasonable singing targets if we are realistic. 

Brian Graham not patched us in the past? Seems to ring a bell.

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

Two reasonable singing targets if we are realistic. 

Brian Graham not patched us in the past? Seems to ring a bell.

Raith, Dundee Utd, Ross County and Hibs. Probably stuck a few past us over the years.

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Raith, Dundee Utd, Ross County and Hibs. Probably stuck a few past us over the years.

I’m quite sure that Houston tried, maybe twice to sign him and he opted for better deal elsewhere*

*old age and copious amounts of class A’s may have altered my memory.

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I’m quite sure that Houston tried, maybe twice to sign him and he opted for better deal elsewhere*

*old age and copious amounts of class A’s may have altered my memory.

Any club that didn't have Houston as manager would be a better deal by default, tbh.

Hearing we are looking into the possibility of signings two scottish players on loan from lower league English teams.

Nicky Devlin from Walsall for right back, and Brian Graham from Cheltenham for a centre forward.

But it will rely on Harris and McKee at least getting punted.

I don’t think we really need a right-back however Nicky Devlin would be a fantastic signing.

Brian Graham? Meh. He was fucking shite last time he played at this level for Hibs. Would much prefer Nelson tbh.

21 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd take Graham all day long over Nelson. Proven goalscorer at this level- just what we need. 

He played 28 times for Hibs at this level and scored 4 times. Andy Nelson scored the same number in just 12 games. Makes no sense to sign another target man and Nelson would give us something different. Would maybe have taken Graham if we hadn't signed Mackin, but not now.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He played 28 times for Hibs at this level and scored 4 times. Andy Nelson scored the same number in just 12 games. Makes no sense to sign another target man and Nelson would give us something different. Would maybe have taken Graham if we hadn't signed Mackin, but not now.

Scored 18 in 34 at this level a few years ago and 9 in 24 in the Premiership. We have enough 'project' players like Nelson as it is. Graham would give us the proven experience we're missing up front.