The Falkirk FC Thread

Surely the final nail in Harris coffin now. If we are bringing in another striker then Nelson would get my vote. Hopefully a decent rb aswell but wouldnt be averse to McGhee there. 

Edited by ebobsboy

32 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Because although Nelson's a good player, he's not a proven experienced goalscorer which I think is what we're severely lacking.

Generally the words proven and experienced on a championship club budget come with past his best or over the hill 

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It seems to be that anyone who makes a constructive comment is accused of being a troll.

Strange!!

Were you all at Vaduz?

Yes. Proper fan me. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

“We are continuing to assess our squad and hope to add another couple of new faces over the coming weeks. The club have committed to increasing the player budget based on Season Ticket sales over 2,700 so if you can renew or purchase then please do so as it really can make a difference.”

Anyone know the latest figures on season tickets?

This is a bit of a red herring for me, how many adult season tickets to get a player for a season? 100? Can't see us pushing much beyond where we are just now, I'd have thought anyone who would buy or renew would've done so already. Fans will get the blame here. 

I've said many times on "that" Facebook page that proven goalscorers aren't sitting waiting on an offer.

I also think if we do bring a right back in, he will be there for backup so doesn't really bother me if we bring one in.

24 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

It doesn't need to be someone ridiculously expensive. People like Stephen Dobbie, Nicky Clark and James Keatings will all be on more than we'd normally pay, but I think someone like that is what's required to win the championship.

Stephen Dobbie is a red herring because he wouldn't leave QOS, even if we were willing to better his (alleged) 2K a week deal that Houston told us he was on. Would that not come under the "ridiculously expensive" bracket? 

Nicky Clark I'll give you, but we'd probably have had to bust our wage structure by a similar amount to outbid Utd. And after the Loy scenario last year I wouldn't be keen to go back down that road.

Keatings  didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Tannadice last year so for me he would be a risky gamble.

Why didn't I see this one coming 

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, if he is, he'll playing for Dunfermline next season.:P

:o

I must admit it's a great comeback though. 

Hope yer next shites a hedgehog 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone else have a suspicion that Dawson Park Boy is actually UKIP follower and general right wing walloper Dixie Chicken from OneF?

Until you mentioned it, no.

But now? He might be, but then again, our fair toon does harbour more than one outright w****r. Christ, I've a few in my own family.