The Falkirk FC Thread

Lewis? Yup. 

Mackin? Yup. 

Nelson, if he signs, yup. 

Turner, jury still out, more than likely a no. 

Sheps and O'Hara flat no at this point. 

We will still need a striker, even if we do bring in Nelson. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure both their deals are up at their respective clubs next year, The only downside i see to Nelsons predicament is the fact with Sunderland being relegated there is a bit pressure on them to bounce straight back to the championship which would they take a chance on a relatively inexperienced striker should their main options be injured.

I'm surprised Nelson is being touted as available. There was a lot of talk at the end of last season that he wouldn't be back as Sunderland thought he would be in and about their plans. Unless he's fallen out with Jack Ross and he's being sent away to run his contract down?

3 hours ago, ka202 said:

I thought Nelson was getting better and better game by game last season.

He never really lowered his performance throughout, just added goals which will always be a measure of a striker unless he is Peter Beardsleyesque

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm greedy I would like both of them back.

Ditto but I'd rather we didn't have at least one of the signed up ones if we got both and going by that, I reckon we will only get one more striker

Lewis and Nelson upfront could be absolutely shit hot. Pace and Strength, Mackin off the bench if we’re needing it to be a bit more physical.
Aye. They two starting looks good, but any combination of the three would be a nightmare for centre halfs. Nelson isnt exactly shy in getting stuck in and wins his fair share of headers. Gives you plenty of options of style for different opponents which is what Hartley wants.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:
Lewis and Nelson upfront could be absolutely shit hot. Pace and Strength, Mackin off the bench if we’re needing it to be a bit more physical.

Aye. They two starting looks good, but any combination of the three would be a nightmare for centre halfs. Nelson isnt exactly shy in getting stuck in and wins his fair share of headers. Gives you plenty of options of style for different opponents which is what Hartley wants.

If we got Nelson in on a full year loan, I'd be confident enough going into the season. 

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm surprised Nelson is being touted as available. There was a lot of talk at the end of last season that he wouldn't be back as Sunderland thought he would be in and about their plans. Unless he's fallen out with Jack Ross and he's being sent away to run his contract down?

I dont think its a case of he has fallen out with anyone, they are on a massive rebuilding job and JR will have been given a target to get them into the championship and if thats his remit its a big gamble when/if he has to rely on relatively unproven youngsters although i think Nelson would be able to cope with league 1 football JR will probably look for players proven at that level

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think its a case of he has fallen out with anyone, they are on a massive rebuilding job and JR will have been given a target to get them into the championship and if thats his remit its a big gamble when/if he has to rely on relatively unproven youngsters although i think Nelson would be able to cope with league 1 football JR will probably look for players proven at that level

As long as they don't ask for a fee in the summer when we are signing up our league winning squad for next year :thumsup2

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

They’ve been linked with Charlie Wyke of Bradford and Ross McCormack in the past few days. 

Ross had Nelson in on trial when he was at St Mirren last January so I think he knows what he gets with Nelson.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Pains me to say it but the Pars are totally dominating Dundee in the first half at Dens.

Glorified friendly, whether you beat a team in the league above or lose at home to another in the league below...

Correct. You can see by the results that nobody is taking the tournament too seriously.

You may be correct but I felt it was of interest to see how one of our competitors competed against a higher league side.

For what it’s worth they played a 532 formation against which Dundee made no impression.

Craigen and Hippo looked good but Louis Longridge was anonymous.

Their wingbacks Longridge and Williamson were excellent and, as mentioned earlier their defence were never troubled.

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You may be correct but I felt it was of interest to see how one of our competitors competed against a higher league side.

For what it’s worth they played a 532 formation against which Dundee made no impression.

Craigen and Hippo looked good but Louis Longridge was anonymous.

Their wingbacks Longridge and Williamson were excellent and, as mentioned earlier their defence were never troubled.

image.gif.d7776117388239bbdb5d4b5f5f9dde68.gif