The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Enough talk riddler. Get doon the stadium Monday and get me some Andy Nelson Scuddies x

He is currently recovering from a broken toe. He should be fit again in the next few days

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nelson

I'm intrigued as to where Nelson will fit in. Would be harsh to drop Lewis, and Mackin, immobile though he is, is good at bringing others into the game and seems to know where the goal is. 

Front three of Lewis-Mackin-Nelson. 

That's assuming he even signs for us. He'll be ahead of Turner, assuming we're not just singing Nelson and sending Turner back to Port Vale.

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

tbh not much between them when you look at the stats:
image.png.03d686e7c253409903fc14abc6a49d30.pngimage.png.de14ab191392cc9600d30410c08bd2d9.png

There's not much, Nelson probably shades the stats a bit. Would be happy to have either of them back. Needs to happen as I can't see much of a player in Turner as of yet. 

Aye don't get me wrong, he would be a welcome addition, but I would like to see the stats on attempts on goal between the two, I suppose it took him a wee bit to get going and started scoring towards the end, I guess it's because of this I prefer jak, he hit the ground running for me and I was impressed right away. Nelson would run all day for you though, great with kids etc

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye don't get me wrong, he would be a welcome addition, but I would like to see the stats on attempts on goal between the two, I suppose it took him a wee bit to get going and started scoring towards the end, I guess it's because of this I prefer jak, he hit the ground running for me and I was impressed right away. Nelson would run all day for you though, great with kids etc

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm greedy I would like both of them back.

Bare minimum is constant movement and pulling defenders out of position. Take the chances when they fall. If we can u settle them with movement, someone will take the chances. Either Jak or Nelson will do that, never really thought we'd get both back and Jak seems to be banging them in for the u23s. 

Pretty sure both their deals are up at their respective clubs next year, The only downside i see to Nelsons predicament is the fact with Sunderland being relegated there is a bit pressure on them to bounce straight back to the championship which would they take a chance on a relatively inexperienced striker should their main options be injured.

Guest Back Post Misses
Not bowled over with the prospect of Nelson coming back to be honest. Would much rather the jak or a proven goalscorer. 

Jak deal isn’t going to happen IMO. Everyone needs to forget him.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Jak deal isn’t going to happen IMO. Everyone needs to forget him.

Yes I think you are right. I think that deal has gone which is a shame.

I still believe there will be a striker to come in though as Hartley will realise what we have just now is not good enough to challenge for title.

Lets wait and see who comes in next.