The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I don't for one minute think Scott Shepherd is the answer to what we need up front and certainly isn't good enough to be starting for us in the league, but I'm perplexed as to why he hasn't at least been given a chance in the pre-season games.

He had a great season by all accounts at Edinburgh City and we aren't exactly bursting with options upfront so I don't see why he couldn't at least have been tried. 

Why would you give him a chance in pre-season games if you don't think he's the answer and isn't good enough to be starting in the league?

Hartley had to bring in almost an entirely new squad because he realised that it had gone stale. Wholesale changes needed to be made but he needed to keep at least some of the previous squad to keep some sort of continuity although I think that backfired a bit on him when Sibbs and Longridge didn't re-sign.

He couldn't keep both Sheps and O'Hara; why would he? O'Hara I believe has scored the same number of goals for us as Shepherd however he's a few years younger so Hartley probably thinks that he's got time to improve.

No point whatsoever in giving Shepherd any time in pre-season if he's decided that he doesn't want him to stay especially when he's trying to get a new strike force to gel.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Our reserves beat the Shire 2-1 sheps scored both goals. IMG_6830.jpg

Harris looking like Lyle the tan man from QoS....

Cmon Qos.....you it makes sense, get Harris in........again

6 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd have to go live somewhere quite, like the Ayr thread if we signed Cardle, for a few weeks anyway. There would be far too much seething and whining from certain belters on both sides of the water. 

Can't be happening, he's not been spotted eating a sausage supper at Benny Ts yet. 

Am I doing it right? 

I'd like to think no Dunfermline fan would be ridiculous enough to give Cardle stick for signing for Falkirk or Raith, it was us that didn't offer him a contract. He's not going to get a gig in the Premiership, and in the championship Falkirk would give him one of the biggest wages as well as staying local. Wish him all the best wherever he ends up tbh. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd like to think no Dunfermline fan would be ridiculous enough to give Cardle stick for signing for Falkirk or Raith, it was us that didn't offer him a contract. He's not going to get a gig in the Premiership, and in the championship Falkirk would give him one of the biggest wages as well as staying local. Wish him all the best wherever he ends up tbh. 

Spot on. 

When Joe went to the rovers hardly any Pars fans moaned about it. If he turns up in Falkirk then best of luck to him.  We would  still applaud him if he took to the field against us, no matter who he is playing for. 

Joe will always give 100% to any club paying his wages, that's just the kind of guy he is. He'll be a great signing for any championship team, even some premier teams would benefit from having Joe on board. 

Why would you give him a chance in pre-season games if you don't think he's the answer and isn't good enough to be starting in the league?
Hartley had to bring in almost an entirely new squad because he realised that it had gone stale. Wholesale changes needed to be made but he needed to keep at least some of the previous squad to keep some sort of continuity although I think that backfired a bit on him when Sibbs and Longridge didn't re-sign.
He couldn't keep both Sheps and O'Hara; why would he? O'Hara I believe has scored the same number of goals for us as Shepherd however he's a few years younger so Hartley probably thinks that he's got time to improve.
No point whatsoever in giving Shepherd any time in pre-season if he's decided that he doesn't want him to stay especially when he's trying to get a new strike force to gel.
No.
Shepherd has scored one league goal for us plus one CC and one LC I think. Maybe another I've forgotten.

O'hara has scored zero.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No.
Shepherd has scored one league goal for us plus one CC and one LC I think. Maybe another I've forgotten.

O'hara has scored zero.

Its on the Falkirk page Sheps has scored 2 goals, as much as i don't like to see any player fail Sheps just is not Championship level might do a job in a lower league as proven with Edinburgh City, Harris i have no doubt he probably has the ability to be a decent player but i think his injury will always hamper him from going in for a tackle and he didn't do himself any favours saying he didn't sign up for a relegation battle yet he was part of a team that got us in that position in the first place.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/players/

O Haras goal the other week counted so its his first senior goal for us.

Its on the Falkirk page Sheps has scored 2 goals, as much as i don't like to see any player fail Sheps just is not Championship level might do a job in a lower league as proven with Edinburgh City, Harris i have no doubt he probably has the ability to be a decent player but i think his injury will always hamper him from going in for a tackle and he didn't do himself any favours saying he didn't sign up for a relegation battle yet he was part of a team that got us in that position in the first place.
https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/players/

O Haras goal the other week counted so its his first senior goal for us.

Sheps scored v Cowden Ayr and Montrose off the top of my head so that's wrong for a start.
What Ohara goal? Preseason friendlies do not count! [emoji85] Neither do stirlingshire cup ties or training kickabouts.

Inb4 "fukk off shep's dad"

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sheps scored v Cowden Ayr and Montrose off the top of my head so that's wrong for a start.
What Ohara goal? Preseason friendlies do not count! emoji85.png Neither do stirlingshire cup ties or training kickabouts.

Inb4 "fukk off shep's dad"

End of the day is it going to change anything, so not worth splitting hairs over 

End of the day is it going to change anything, so not worth splitting hairs over 
Indeed not but it's annoying for stattos like me.
I agree that sheps should pick up a club without too much trouble. He'll want to stay full time though and that might cause an issue.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No.
Shepherd has scored one league goal for  us plus one CC and one LC I think. Maybe another I've forgotten.

O'hara has scored zero.

according to transfermarket.co.uk

Shepherd has for us 3 goals in 1418min (1 goal(home to Cowdenbeath 23-11-13)  in 874min in the Championship, 1 (away to Ayr 20-8-13)goal in 22min in the Challenge cup, 1 (away to Montrose 2-8-14)goal in 134 min in the League cup, 0 goals in 31 min in the Scottish cup and 0 goals 157 min in the play-offs)'

O'Hara has 0 goals in 1086min ( 19min in the play-offs, 10min in the Scottish Cup, 83min in the  Challenge cup, 73min in the Leauge cup and 901min in the league)

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Harris looking like Lyle the tan man from QoS....

Cmon Qos.....you it makes sense, get Harris in........again

Don't send your cast-offs here,  it was bad enough with John Rankin. 

Tan Man Lyle is now at Peterhead btw.