The Falkirk FC Thread

Interesting that disgusting verbal abuse of young men doing their job is fine because its "theatre" and "we've paid wur munny" but questioning their mental health is out of bounds.

Is your point that the booing is out of order, or that you should be ok to call them basket cases?

I could understand the booing last season when we were utter rancid for the first half of the season when we were drawing 1-1 with Brechin and taking a scudding off journeymen teams like Queen of the South at home.
However booing a bunch of brand new players who are still getting to know how each other play in glorified pre season friendlies against Montrose and Forfar is a heads gone.

Calling someone with mental health issues a basket case though. IMG_2670.jpg

None of it sits right with me.Some of the things said by a few on here about Phil Roberts (19) at the time sickened me and they went unchallenged. It's been mentioned here about the idiots in our support and the shouts heard at the stadium.grown men.

Sorry guys another lineup post :lol:

From what I have seen so far that's what I think could be our most balanced line up. The left side is an obvious problem unless someone we already have can go out there. 

I get the feeling Froxy could be a luxury player this season so would prefer TOE in beside Sammut or Paton.  

Just my early thoughts on what I've seen so far.

lineup (4).png

None of it sits right with me.Some of the things said by a few on here about Phil Roberts (19) at the time sickened me and they went unchallenged. It's been mentioned here about the idiots in our support and the shouts heard at the stadium.grown men.
The way your post read I thought maybe you were looking to justify it but it could have also been the opposite. Obviously it was so fair play.

Comments like Shadwells are going to take a long time to go away. Education and awareness regarding mental health is a long way behind the recent leaps and bounds made re racism, gender discrimination etc. Problem is it gets stifled IMO because sooner or later, having to take more responsibility for peoples mental wellbeing is going to become a cost for govt and employers.

Know what I just realised, don't know if anyone else feels the same.... See when I see a Rotherham goal flash up on Soccer Saturday I always look and see if it was Vaulks, I occasionally youtube it if he's scored. And was delighted for him at Wembley last season.  But it occured to me this morning that I really don't have any interest in Sibbald at Livi. Maybe i'll keep an eye out once the league game starts I don't know. It feels odd. I think I should want to follow his progress a wee bit.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is keatings not a bit of a basket case just now? Would be a big gamble signing him up especially matching the wages he's on at United.  You just don't know what your going to  get. 

Jesus fucking Christ what an embarrassment of a post.

After all that eyeball patter last season did your brain not engage before you went to work on your keyboard?

Edited by All-Star-Par

Know what I just realised, don't know if anyone else feels the same.... See when I see a Rotherham goal flash up on Soccer Saturday I always look and see if it was Vaulks, I occasionally youtube it if he's scored. And was delighted for him at Wembley last season.  But it occured to me this morning that I really don't have any interest in Sibbald at Livi. Maybe i'll keep an eye out once the league game starts I don't know. It feels odd. I think I should want to follow his progress a wee bit.

Possibly because he's effectively moved sideways? I say sideways because although Falkirk are a bigger club, Livi are in a higher division so it evens itself out almost. The young lads we lost a few seasons back I always keep an eye on their progress and obviously Dobbie when he left as well. Last season I never bothered to see if Durnan or Reilly had started or scored because they were at the same level as us. With Reilly moving to Bristol Rovers I'll definitely look in when they score to see if he got one. Just the way I look at former players.
Is keatings not a bit of a basket case just now? Would be a big gamble signing him up especially matching the wages he's on at United.  You just don't know what your going to  get. 
What a c**t.

17 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I've never seen so many happy clappers as on this thread. The first half performance last night was absolutely dreadful, possibly the worst I've seen at TFS. People paying to watch have every right to criticise it.

I think that we need to be realistic and accept that we have 12 new players all coming together with 4 -5 players from last season so we have to give them time to gel and to give the manager time to get to know his players. I genuinely believe that Hartley and his staff have done their homework and know why each player was recruited with a specific task / role in mind, but becoming a “team” won’t happen overnight. Look at Inverness CT last season, with even less new players than us it took them 16 -17 games to come together as a team and when that happened the change was obvious in their performances. So far we have played 5 friendlies and 2 BetFred cup games, it is still early days.

We all have heard the cliché about how some players need “an arm around the shoulder and a gee up” while others react better to a verbal kick up the arse – we have to let the manager get to know his new players so that he can decide the correct way to handle them and get the best out of them. Booing them so early into this process is going to be detrimental to half the players in the team and isn’t going to help. Leave it to the manager to take the necessary action – it certainly seemed to work at half time on Tuesday night.

I think everybody on the Falkirk thread on P & B was excited about the way Don Paul was going about things, not doing a “Houston” and signing “journeymen” from the central belt - we surely can’t be ready to criticise things so early into the “experiment”?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

@Shodwall cat

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-star-james-keatings-12404502

Apologies to all for linking to that shitrag, but ironically, Keatings has been referred to as a basket case BECAUSE he opened up about mental health issues. Perhaps you should read this article since he clearly wrote it to try and educate people against such nonsense,

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

I could understand the booing last season when we were utter rancid for the first half of the season when we were drawing 1-1 with Brechin and taking a scudding off journeymen teams like Queen of the South at home.
However booing a bunch of brand new players who are still getting to know how each other play in glorified pre season friendlies against Montrose and Forfar is a heads gone.

Calling someone with mental health issues a basket case though. IMG_2670.jpg

This. Apologies, I should have quoted you in my earlier post.

Edited by Bairn in Exile