The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Now that wide players could be involved more under Hartley I wonder if Harris will come back into the fold :lol:

He's probably hiding in a bin at the stadium till morning. Awfy dark out now. 

It was the worst performance many people have ever seen at TFS. Having paid to watch it, they have every right to make their feelings known whether by booing or not.

Slight exaggeration methinks. Many games early last season were far worse and that was with players who knew each other and the league

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

It was the worst performance many people have ever seen at TFS. Having paid to watch it, they have every right to make their feelings known whether by booing or not.

Define “many”. Did you have an exit poll arranged for after the game? Clearly you weren’t one of them, as earlier in the thread, you clearly wrote “possibly”.

6 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

:lol:

I see the Partick fans are going on about Stevie Lawless and how surprised they are he is still without a club. Left sided player, I wonder if Hartley will have a look.

Decent player.  Utd now seem to have a few ex Thistle players in their ranks wouldnt be surprised to see him end up there.  I would however take Keatings from Utd IF he could keep injury free. Always caused us problems when he was at Hibs.  Wages prob be an issue tho. 

Rumour of McKee going to Partick.   Hopefully the don brings a couple more players in next week.

Getting that absolute shitebag off the wage bill whilst weakening a rival what a great move that would be.

I don't think anyone's defended the first half performance. It was dire and nobody has claimed otherwise. 
If we play like that for both halves in every game after the league begins then nobody will defend either the players or manager. Certainly nobody did after our dreadful start last season. The knives were out on P&B pretty early on. It's hard to defend a team that doesn't win any of their opening seven league games.
So no, we're not happy clappers and no it wasn't the worst performance ever seen in fourteen years of football at TFS.
Conclusion - you're talking shite. Again.

Please stop posting and get your damn camera man. Signings on the way

14 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Please stop posting and get your damn camera man. Signings on the way

On that subject, can we crowd fund a better microphone for the post match interviews. Is it just me or are the volume levels often terrible? 

11 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Criticize after the game then. If your shouting abuse at players when they are trying to dig out a result, then you are in fact a total roaster. 

Disagree, if players are doing poorly or not putting in the required effort then they need to hear it at times. 

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

Delivery guy was late with my takeaway at the weekend. He apologised and said it was busy. I said ok. Next time it happens I think I'll just open the door and shout FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOO at him. Grown men booing. FFS. 

Football is quite clearly different. It's escapism and is something to get passionate/emotional about. I've booked Falkirk teams and I've booed the opposition and I'll continue to do so. It's theatre and that's a method of showing disapproval. 

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but don’t expect it not to be criticised when you’re booing at half time of what is effectively a pre season friendly.

This is also correct right enough, timing and context are important. 

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just believe in backing my team and have done since 1978.

Backing the team can involve putting a rocket up their arse. I want Falkirk to succeed which is why I get frustrated when we make an obviously shite signing (Harris), appoint a manager who is obviously going to be brutal (Pressley), or a player is not up to scratch on a given day (Shepherd). Pay your money and you're backing the team. 

I hate constant, misplaced negativity and complaining but sometimes it's correct to have a moan or a shout. 

9 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Decent player.  Utd now seem to have a few ex Thistle players in their ranks wouldnt be surprised to see him end up there.  I would however take Keatings from Utd IF he could keep injury free. Always caused us problems when he was at Hibs.  Wages prob be an issue tho. 

Is keatings not a bit of a basket case just now? Would be a big gamble signing him up especially matching the wages he's on at United.  You just don't know what your going to  get. 

Is keatings not a bit of a basket case just now? Would be a big gamble signing him up especially matching the wages he's on at United.  You just don't know what your going to  get. 
He has been pretty open about mental health issues, if thats what you mean by basket case?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He has been pretty open about mental health issues, if thats what you mean by basket case?

Not the kind of gamble I'd be taking at the moment. Was a good player but after what happened with Loy better leaving alone.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Disagree, if players are doing poorly or not putting in the required effort then they need to hear it at times. 

Football is quite clearly different. It's escapism and is something to get passionate/emotional about. I've booked Falkirk teams and I've booed the opposition and I'll continue to do so. It's theatre and that's a method of showing disapproval. 

This is also correct right enough, timing and context are important. 

Backing the team can involve putting a rocket up their arse. I want Falkirk to succeed which is why I get frustrated when we make an obviously shite signing (Harris), appoint a manager who is obviously going to be brutal (Pressley), or a player is not up to scratch on a given day (Shepherd). Pay your money and you're backing the team. 

I hate constant, misplaced negativity and complaining but sometimes it's correct to have a moan or a shout. 

Disagree, they heard it at half time from Hartley. He gave them constructive criticism and told them what to do to correct it, he also made the changes required. 

A couple of wankers shouting abuse from the stands does nothing but affect the players morale in a negative way, or you get a Tortolano. 

47 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Calling someone who’s going through mental health issues a basket case is piss poor.

Quite agree. Disrespecting someone with mental issues or  physical disabilities has no place in modern society.  Oh wait a minute,  forgot this was the Falkirk thread.