The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Particularly enjoyed silencing the loudmouth who spent most of the first half bellowing abuse at Hartley. He started it again in the second half but he fell quiet after a loudly snarled "fucking shut up".  They should rename the Main Stand the "One F Stand". 

There was a young laddie behind me, maybe late teens, early twenties, who was shouting abuse the whole way through until we scored. When we scored our second I looked up and he was playing with his phone!

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There was a young laddie behind me, maybe late teens, early twenties, who was shouting abuse the whole way through until we scored. When we scored our second I looked up and he was playing with his phone!

^^^ Me irl

I've never seen so many happy clappers as on this thread. The first half performance last night was absolutely dreadful, possibly the worst I've seen at TFS. People paying to watch have every right to criticise it.

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I've never seen so many happy clappers as on this thread. The first half performance last night was absolutely dreadful, possibly the worst I've seen at TFS. People paying to watch have every right to criticise it.

f**k off guy in row N

15 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Oh it couldn’t have been that bad if it was only a “possibly” and not a “probably” or a “definitely”.

Jesus Aitch Christ, it’s still July, and there you are already blathering on about “happy clappers”.

I don't think we are all happy clappers, just being realistic.

We have 12 new players, they are going to take time to become a team. I thought the first half was dreadful last night but hearing Hartley's interview after the game he realised it as well and done something about it.

He has also said we are still looking to bring another 2/3 new players in.

I agree some of the new players haven't looked great but booing them this early isn't going to help.

Keep the faith and if after the first quarter of games we are shite and in the relegation mix we can all hit the panic button.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't think we are all happy clappers, just being realistic.

We have 12 new players, they are going to take time to become a team. I thought the first half was dreadful last night but hearing Hartley's interview after the game he realised it as well and done something about it.

He has also said we are still looking to bring another 2/3 new players in.

I agree some of the new players haven't looked great but booing them this early isn't going to help.

Keep the faith and if after the first quarter of games we are shite and in the relegation mix we can all hit the panic button.

No one is writing off the season. People were justifiably criticising the first half performance. Now, the second half was much better and I hope we continue like that. But there's an attitude on here that any criticism whatsoever of Hartley or the team is knicker wetting and not being supportive- the people saying this are happy clappers.

44 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

sheps.png.7dff718be24c8edc71494229b75addbc.png

Just now, EdiBairn said:

No one is writing off the season. People were justifiably criticising the first half performance. Now, the second half was much better and I hope we continue like that. But there's an attitude on here that any criticism whatsoever of Hartley or the team is knicker wetting and not being supportive- the people saying this are happy clappers.

Criticize after the game then. If your shouting abuse at players when they are trying to dig out a result, then you are in fact a total roaster. 

Most folk on here are saying that the first half was dire last night.

Still think it's way too early to be booing as folk were doing at half time last night or pushing the panic button.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Most folk on here are saying that the first half was dire last night.

Still think it's way too early to be booing as folk were doing at half time last night or pushing the panic button.

It was the worst performance many people have ever seen at TFS. Having paid to watch it, they have every right to make their feelings known whether by booing or not.

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

It was the worst performance many people have ever seen at TFS. Having paid to watch it, they have every right to make their feelings known whether by booing or not.

I'll remember that when my broadband breaks, I'll phone virgin and boo at them down the line and demand they sack the manager. 

Football fans.. 

Delivery guy was late with my takeaway at the weekend. He apologised and said it was busy. I said ok. Next time it happens I think I'll just open the door and shout FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOO at him. Grown men booing. FFS. 

Pretty much remember last year that folk were still wanting to give Houston a chance 7 games into the season without a win, this is pretty much a meaningless diddy cup game which is being treated as part of a pre season and trialling formation and finding a starting 11.  At least wait until we are a few games into the start of the season and not won a game before booing the players or slating Hartley look on the bright side at least Harris and Sheps are nowhere near the team.