The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Hartley wants to still add 2 or 3 more players into the group....music to my ears

Do you need a target man? McCann seems desperate to offload Marcus Haber. He'd destroy this division. 

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was Harrison number 15? If so, he looks a wee bit cuddly still.

Was Easton number 10 for them? If so, sign him.

FAO, Dennon Lewis, I genuinely believe that you are/will be a #baller, but stop that celebration IMMEDIATELY.

Aye, Harrison was #15.

Hartley from the interviews and lineups is basically treating this as preseason still.  I'm not sure I'll agree with that in future seasons but with the amount of changes we've made I'm not that annoyed with it this year. 

I liked Mutch saying "you wouldn't have wanted to be in that dressing room at half time",  we need these players to realise the expectations and what's required as soon as possible, most of them haven't been as central to a team as they'll have to be this season so we need to learn fast. Don't want to be like Caley last year and take 10-15 games to get going. Hartley needs to figure out his best 11 and play them in the remaining games, if we need fitness then maybe organise a friendly or two.

Hartley from the interviews and lineups is basically treating this as preseason still.  I'm not sure I'll agree with that in future seasons but with the amount of changes we've made I'm not that annoyed with it this year. 
I liked Mutch saying "you wouldn't have wanted to be in that dressing room at half time",  we need these players to realise the expectations and what's required as soon as possible, most of them haven't been as central to a team as they'll have to be this season so we need to learn fast. Don't want to be like Caley last year and take 10-15 games to get going. Hartley needs to figure out his best 11 and play them in the remaining games, if we need fitness then maybe organise a friendly or two.

Aye. Its a "needs must" scenario. In a perfect world we would be ready and able to go balls out to try and get to the later rounds. Its about whats more important though. Clearly Hartley feels, or has been instructed (the academy closure seems to point to it too) that the league is the be and and end all for the forseeable.

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This

Our strongest 11 imo til we can get a proper RB in and move McGhee inside for Harrison

ETA: Forgot about Muirhead. Get him in for Harrison for now

If Fasan is your starting 11 then you'll need all the luck you can get.

Mitchell is a better keeper.

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Time will tell on that one, at least we have decent options for the first time in a few seasons.

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

thot Mitchell would be in with a shot this season as well,

done well for us in the 2 games he played last year under smith, before his bad injury

is the still not fit?...would like to see him get a chance.

as others have said wouldn't be atall comfy with Mutch starting the season as number 1

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

thot Mitchell would be in with a shot this season as well,

done well for us in the 2 games he played last year under smith, before his bad injury

is the still not fit?...would like to see him get a chance.

as others have said wouldn't be atall comfy with Mutch starting the season as number 1

I'm sure Mitchell played in one of the pre-season games.

Particularly enjoyed silencing the loudmouth who spent most of the first half bellowing abuse at Hartley. He started it again in the second half but he fell quiet after a loudly snarled "fucking shut up".  They should rename the Main Stand the "One F Stand". 

Particularly enjoyed silencing the loudmouth who spent most of the first half bellowing abuse at Hartley. He started it again in the second half but he fell quiet after a loudly snarled "fucking shut up".  They should rename the Main Stand the "One F Stand". 
Presumably he went quiet because he was poster absolute drivel in his cringe inducing "Hartley project" thread.

4 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

No we have one already...and he looks like he could destroy a Big Mac

Whit, just one? A beautiful sunny day in Falkirk High Street. John Clark sat on a bench in the sunshine. A few mesmerising moments, and three Big Macs demolished. There was a fourth box by his side, and I have no doubt that was about to go the way of the other three. He was our original Monster Munch (but admittedly, Yardley was always one bun ahead).

So, as to last night. First half was perhaps an experiment that had to be tried out, but hopefully, now consigned to the bin. Still lots of communication/understanding issues to sort out.

Its easy to see who is both new and good. We are all agreed on those few. Those who are new but haven’t yet turned up need a bit of time. Young guys in another country trying to find their feet. More than just footie uncertainty to deal with, and that being the case, they need a helluva lot more time than they’ve been given up to now.

As worried as anyone else, but come on, the last thing they need is pelters from the crowd. Concerns need to be kept in check for a good while yet.