The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Work in progress. Still not made my mind up on many of the players outside Dallison, Lewis, TOE and Petra. They look the standard required. The rest I will wait and see. Short up front for sure. Still at least a couple to come in hopefully.

Really don’t know why Hartley has stocked up on CB’s and also continues to play our best one right back. With McGhee right back and Robson left back we are offering very little attacking threat from the full backs. That wide left combo of Sibbs & Leahy is a distant memory.

Brough should 100% start over Robson imo.

I think a lot of folk can’t see past Dallison’s wonderfully constructed frame to see that he’s no that gid.
Got caught out a lot tonight. Also didn’t hear any shouting from him (or the team) when we were struggling but he was captain.

The back 4 should be:

RB. Muirhead
CB. McGhee
CB. Harrison
LB. Brough

Muirhead might get stick but he’s been there and done it with us and will talk on the park.
Muirhead's a better CB than McGhee and funnily enough McGhee is a better RB than Muirhead so I'd swap them

I’d also terminate Turner’s loan the morra and get on the cellular to Watford [emoji338]
Can't agree more. Even thought it's very early days I struggle to see what he brings. He's not strong, won't win much in the air and isn't quick.

At least with the other two you can see their strengths

Mackin - strong, good in the air and can battles defenders

Lewis - quick, looks like he has good feet and based on last night a decent finisher

Turner - ?????

Havving watched the last 2 games McGhee is a full. Back and likes to get forward 

he can play right and left

Muirhead has put in the best performance e of the centre hslfs

Kidd Froxylias and Turner don’t look ready to play for Falkirk at championship level

just an opinion of the season so far

10 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Reasonable summary but I disagree with your last point, I thought O'hara did well when he came on with some good link up play on the left hand side and several times he collected the ball, turned and passed or ran forwards which virtually no one else did all game.

I'd just ignore his comments about O'Hara. He is becoming a parody of himself, shoehorning absolutely anything he can negative about him in every other post. 

46 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Havving watched the last 2 games McGhee is a full. Back and likes to get forward 

he can play right and left

Muirhead has put in the best performance e of the centre hslfs

Kidd Froxylias and Turner don’t look ready to play for Falkirk at championship level

just an opinion of the season so far

I'd give Froxy more time to get up to speed. He doesn't look the most naturally fit guy going and the year of part time football last season wouldn't have helped. 

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Very sad to hear that David Hagen has acquired MND.
Great servant for us.
Wishing him and his family all the best.

Yes, sobering news. :( Really nice guy, dreadful news. Hope the club, along with his other ex teams, can do something to support him and his family. 

It's only a game, eh? 

Think there is more to come from Turner. Scottish football can be a bit difficult for some strikers to adapt to. He will be a big asset second quarter I think. Like the Dallison Harrison combo. One with skill and the other a no nonsense CH. that’s the best pairing

Whatever that back 3 and a half formation was that we were playing in the first half, I never want to see it again. The majority of Forfar's play in the first half came down Dallison and Robson's side. Glad to see Hartley along with everyone else in the fucking stadium noticed that and made the change for the start of the second half.

Petravicius is quite possibly the least tactically aware full-time footballer that I'm ever likely to see, but has pace to burn so could come in useful if he manages to work out when to release the ball. Dallison again impressed me last night, I will welcome with open arms any centre-half that can spray a 40/50 yard pass straight to the other wing. Mutch needs to go on loan this season I feel, have no doubt that he has potential but I can't help but worry any time I see him on the team sheet as a mistake will come soon enough from him. Dan Turner? Looked like a kid lost last night. I appreciate some players take longer than others to settle in, but with him only being with us until January time isn't on his side unlike others. Mackin could be a good player if we play to his strength which, at the moment we are not. Can see him starting against St. Johnstone again as without him there is absolutely no presence up the top end of the park. Jury is still out on a lot of players for me, which I imagined it would be but a big improvement is needed before the start of the season. Outrun and outclassed by Forfar in the first half with Easton running the show until he went off.

Highlights have just gone up on YouTube. 
Was Harrison number 15? If so, he looks a wee bit cuddly still.

Was Easton number 10 for them? If so, sign him.

FAO, Dennon Lewis, I genuinely believe that you are/will be a #baller, but stop that celebration IMMEDIATELY.

10 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I didn't think Froxy or Mackin looked that fit tonight, once the season starts I would expect them to be bench players until they are up to par with the rest of the squad. We should probably start with the team from the second half with maybe Muirhead coming in for Harrison who I am not sure about yet.

Seasons already started, champ

Reading your comments in this thread led me to remember Hartley's love for a super narrow side. 

Those clamouring for a winger - lol! 

Hartley doesn't do width.