The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is Mackin actually a striker? Has he ever even scored against a full-time side at this level? 

I remember him scoring against the Pars when he was on loan at Airdrie but that was our worst team in decades.

He got one against us last season.

I think we’ll still have a couple faces to come in. Hopefully a right back and another striker. I think Ohara should be punted out on loan to the division below, I also don’t think Mackin will be one for the first team, although he looks in his mid 30s, the guy is only 21, I think he’ll be one off the bench and play for the reserve squad most weeks.

I hope so anyway...

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:
11 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:
In all honestly some of you lot need to calm down, it's the first game of competitive football this season and the bed pishing is ridiculous. You've had to get a whole new team in after becoming your biggest rivals feeder club so give them time to settle in. Here's to a decent season in Scotlands most entertaining league folks! :cheers

Nearly a reasonable post, nice wee feeder club line to be fair but in my opinion Longridge is the only cast off that would strengthen our squad.

Couldn't be entirely civil could I. *Insert generic eyeball/racist gesturing patter* **Just to be clear racist gesturing is not patter**

13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is Mackin actually a striker? Has he ever even scored against a full-time side at this level? 

I remember him scoring against the Pars when he was on loan at Airdrie but that was our worst team in decades.

You signed el whodjamacallit whose only decent seasons have been in the seaside leagues . Like him mackin may or may not do ok. I certainly wouldnt want to rely on either though.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You signed el whodjamacallit whose only decent seasons have been in the seaside leagues . Like him mackin may or may not do ok. I certainly wouldnt want to rely on either though.

From what I've heard, Hartley was planning on relying on both of them.

Edited by Marshmallo

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

From what I've heard, Hartley was planning on relying on both of them.

Was it not hartleys attempt at replacing hemmings with a dud like him that cost him his job? Would be surprised if he wanted him again. Loy did a better job for him at dundee and yet he couldnt punt him quick enough.

The warnings from Dundee fans was “expect a deluge of (wee) midfielders, and nothing up front.”

We are all in a place where we are trusting PH to firstly, recognise the mistakes he has made in the past, and secondly, correct them.

He is a smart enough guy, but may have his blind spots just like the rest of us. My worry is that he thinks the front line is good enough, and just needs time. I would buy into that for the defence and midfield, but not for the front line (or RB).

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Just didnt want you lot grassing again.

Don't be racist, then? 

I mean, that would be my advice, if you want to avoid your fans being lifted for racism? 

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The warnings from Dundee fans was “expect a deluge of (wee) midfielders, and nothing up front.”

We are all in a place where we are trusting PH to firstly, recognise the mistakes he has made in the past, and secondly, correct them.

He is a smart enough guy, but may have his blind spots just like the rest of us. My worry is that he thinks the front line is good enough, and just needs time. I would buy into that for the defence and midfield, but not for the front line (or RB).

What worries me is that Hartley doesn't seem to know how he wants us to play. Instead of signing players for a specific position it just looks like he has signed a bunch of players and will try and fit them into a formation. I tried to pick my team for tomorrows game and gave up half way through it. 

The RB position is a funny one. Tumilty was one of his first signings so he obviously knew it was a problem area.  Hopefully he has someone lined up but it's just taking a while to get the deal done.

13 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

What worries me is that Hartley doesn't seem to know how he wants us to play. Instead of signing players for a specific position it just looks like he has signed a bunch of players and will try and fit them into a formation. I tried to pick my team for tomorrows game and gave up half way through it. 

The RB position is a funny one. Tumilty was one of his first signings so he obviously knew it was a problem area.  Hopefully he has someone lined up but it's just taking a while to get the deal done.

I agree with that. 4-4-2 seems to be his preferred formation for this season, yet we have no right back or wingers meaning players are having to play out of position.